Hate on Cavs?? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hate on Cavs??
Saturday, February 26, 2011 12:56 PM
Why do many civic owners hate on cavs so much.

Re: Hate on Cavs??
Saturday, February 26, 2011 12:59 PM
same reason cav owners hate on civics? or any other brand and vise versa

Saturday, February 26, 2011 1:12 PM
azncav wrote:same reason cav owners hate on civics? or any other brand and vise versa

Truth.

Owners of Cavaliers, neons, civics, integras, ect will always hate on each other. To all of them i am a ricer, to J-body owners all of them are ricers. Who cares though, to each their own.

Eat my shift
Saturday, February 26, 2011 1:58 PM
Because cavaliers suck, now GTFO.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Saturday, February 26, 2011 2:42 PM
Dom Henderson wrote:Why do many civic owners hate on cavs so much.

They don't. They just hate on the guys that have a bunch of ebay ricer BS done to their cars. They seem to have decent respect when a person actually has something worthwhile done to their car.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Saturday, February 26, 2011 3:43 PM
I think its more about competeing. The Chevy vs Ford, Rx-7 vs Supra, Honda vs DSM back in the 90s its all relative. Keep in mind the cavailer is one car and it has not been produced since 2004. All so i think the honda crowd has always been that way. Im not saying all, just many of them take things too Far but that goes for any group
Saturday, February 26, 2011 6:03 PM
^^^ 2005

Saturday, February 26, 2011 6:05 PM
CrAzY Z24 wrote:^^^ 2005

no he was right.. he said produced not model year.

Saturday, February 26, 2011 6:36 PM
azncav wrote:

Crazy z24 was correct. Js were still in production in 2005.
Sunfire:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=326743&t=326743#326743
Cavalier:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=297399&t=297399&arch=1#297399

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, February 26, 2011 8:01 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Sunfire:
Cavalier:

Blast from the past!!! 3rd gen 11 year streak FTW!!!

Saturday, February 26, 2011 8:14 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
azncav wrote:

Sunfire:
Cavalier:

oh yea... cant forget the ls sport extremes they had for sale lol

Saturday, February 26, 2011 10:05 PM
all im sayin is that people need to stop being harsh on each other and jus worry abt themselves and their car unless your trying to better someone our yourself
Saturday, February 26, 2011 10:17 PM
if you think people need to be like that then your on the wrong site lol
Saturday, February 26, 2011 10:43 PM
they shouldnt hate on us. we're both econo cars that people fix up. the only real difference is that honda (and the rest of the aftermarket) supports honda and the Js never got nearly as much attention. other than that we are the same car, in essence. people hate because they dont know any better or just dont care.

Saturday, February 26, 2011 11:07 PM
i like owning a cavy its somthing different i suprise a lot of people and actually a lot of people are suprised that you can actually make a cavy some what nice and fast and i just have very little mods. i feel like if i had a civic i would be bored because everybody does the same thing for the most part
Sunday, February 27, 2011 6:22 AM
true that. very boring, very cookie cutter. thats why I love j-bodies in the first place.. well that and they've always been good to me

I think the hate for Cavis is alot like racism. some ppl dont like things different from what they're used to. some ppl just dont like things different from their own point of view. maybe they just jelly cause we got the balls to do something different, whereas they play it safe in the Honda world where everything is easy and essentially handed over. one thing is for certain: you take a clean, well-built j-body to a sport compact car show, and you're gonna stand out. hell, maybe the Honda guys hate the attention being taken away from them

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, February 27, 2011 9:26 AM
the people that do that are idiots and ive found idiots drive every model of car out there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, February 28, 2011 12:49 PM
Cant hate other people unless you hate yourself. Take a step back. Realize what youre driving and putting your money into and accept that people will always hate what youre doing no matter what.

Monday, February 28, 2011 12:55 PM
...I belong to a local site in CT and there is no hate for anything except bulls**ters....we have the chevy ford, honda, mazda, etc.... mostly honda on there but if you do something worth while you get the questions and the compliments too...I never got crap for the cavy or the sunfire...actually got alot of people wanting to some ideas for them put to life...I hate on nothing except the huge wing and blaring exhaust on anything...To each his own, i'm just not a fan

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
" Leave the rice to Uncle Ben's and the wings to KFC..
Go clean or go home. "

Monday, February 28, 2011 1:31 PM
Like anything produced en masse for the econo-box market, it will be hated for the image that was placed on it. Doesn't matter if it's a J-Body, Civic, Corolla, Golf, they all have their hate clubs. The city I live in has a hate for them because when you go out to the wreckers, 70% of what sits in the GM rows are J's.
Monday, February 28, 2011 11:44 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Cant hate other people unless you hate yourself. Take a step back. Realize what youre driving and putting your money into and accept that people will always hate what youre doing no matter what.

This... well put, that is what sucks is that people argue so much with each other on this site and we have the same car but people argue sunfire or cavalier, which phase is best, what color, what size wheels, and all that sorta stuff. Thats all within this platform, so if people cant even like the same model you have,people are def. gonna take issue with a whole different type of car. That doesn't need to be that way, everyone who mods cars should be on the same side. Its a fun hobby and a good way to meet people, but some people with low self worth feel the need to concern themselves with what other people are doing. Critisism is one thing. puitting someone down for no reason is something else completely. I love all cars that are done nicely.

Haters gonna hate.

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 4:48 AM
Karnage wrote:
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Cant hate other people unless you hate yourself. Take a step back. Realize what youre driving and putting your money into and accept that people will always hate what youre doing no matter what.

This... well put, that is what sucks is that people argue so much with each other on this site and we have the same car but people argue sunfire or cavalier, which phase is best, what color, what size wheels, and all that sorta stuff. Thats all within this platform, so if people cant even like the same model you have,people are def. gonna take issue with a whole different type of car. That doesn't need to be that way, everyone who mods cars should be on the same side. Its a fun hobby and a good way to meet people, but some people with low self worth feel the need to concern themselves with what other people are doing. Critisism is one thing. puitting someone down for no reason is something else completely. I love all cars that are done nicely.

Haters gonna hate.

shutup dude you own a cavalier.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, March 01, 2011 12:17 PM
That could be it too..

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:43 PM
People hate on these cars because they are one of the cheapest production cars ever made in North America... and with that low pricetag comes some ill-knowledged low budget people that will do anything and everything to their vehicle. And I'm not saying any of your fall in this class, or any other class. It's very obvious in parts where I'm from because I think we have the highest J-body per capita numbers lol. The "good enough" attitude is present in a lot of lower class(relevant to time and money) people and this car will always be hated on. On the other hand, give respect where respect is due because, not all of us are like that. There are some damn clean cars on here. There is no ultimate vehicle, if there was, we would all be driving it. The same goes for civic owners, it's just another name is all.

'99 Sunfire - Bought April 07/Sold April 2010
'05 Sunfire - Bought May 2010/Wrecked Feb 2011
'05 lssport - soon???
Tuesday, March 01, 2011 6:22 PM
sndsgood wrote:
Karnage wrote:

Haters gonna hate.

shutup dude you own a cavalier.

Like you can talk. You have a Sunfire with a body kit.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search