Tackiest things to do to your car? - Page 5 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tackiest things to do to your car?
Friday, December 03, 2010 8:31 AM
jamie fix wrote:back to the topic at hand.
i <3 wiggers with old buicks and a ghetto fab integra body kit superglued to the front end.
also love the kid who lives two houses down from me with a smart car with a five inch strait pipe, and mirror tints.

This... this has officially made my day.

Friday, December 03, 2010 9:20 AM
My friend has spinner hubcaps on the cart for his acetylene torch.

Friday, December 03, 2010 10:38 AM
buz-buz wrote:
jamie fix wrote:back to the topic at hand.
i

And now i can legitimately say:

"You know how i do."

Friday, December 03, 2010 10:38 AM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:My friend has spinner hubcaps on the cart for his acetylene torch.

BALLLERRRRRR

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:03 AM
Jaysona1(Drag it to death) wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Jaysona1(Drag it to death) wrote:Just taje the rubber off of yours and see how they look yourself. Spray painting wheels is one of the tackiest things ive seen.

i sprayed mine and i think it looks damn good actually. both my dd wheels and drag wheels...
Drag

DD

I'm talking bout people that go out and get walmart spray paint of the most horrendous colors and paint there wheels. And they chip in a couple weeks and look even uglier. Yours look great and done right.

Thats not because of it being walmart paint (whom sells pretty good name brand paints, especially when they sold duplicolor) it has to do with the preparation of the rim.

Friday, December 17, 2010 10:42 PM
I think the list is essentially:

- Aluminum wings, or gaudy wings that no car would ever come with stock
- Altezzas
- Stick on body mods
- Rattle can paint jobs with no clear
- Coloured wire loom covering
- Mismatched badges (i.e. Type R badges on your Chevy Sprint)
- Body kits that don't flow with the car
- "Shopping lists"
- Aftermarket hubcaps
- Tear graphics or other cheap auto parts store graphics

I think the point of modding a car (at least the physical appearance), regardless of whether people think it looks "tacky" or "ricer", is for the attention. When you see someone stop and look at your car, whether they like it or hate it, it makes you glad that for a brief moment, you stood out. So really, if you like altezzas and ultra boss combat vader body kits, do it up. There will be haters for everything you do (I get @!#$ for modding my Corolla, but I don't care. Thus far I've tried to stick to things I think are quality parts that look good and are functional), so just do what you like. If you went by what the new standard of cool or classy is in the compact scene, you could lower your car on overpriced wheels at an odd angle that scrapes rubber from stretched tires onto the fenders, stickerbomb your passenger door and bolt on a roof rack. Then hang another car company's emblem off your rear bumper. Its what all the kids in SoCal are doing so it clearly must be the @!#$.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, December 21, 2010 1:12 PM
Quote:

My friend has spinner hubcaps on the cart for his acetylene torch.

thats hot lets get some pics hah

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:16 PM
Torres @ UGC Media wrote:

Thats not because of it being walmart paint (whom sells pretty good name brand paints, especially when they sold duplicolor) it has to do with the preparation of the rim.

actually it was the duplicolor wheel paint from walmart

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 3:07 PM
I have photographic proof that I have gotten rid of the plate holder and added a filler plate, but due to Photobucket timing out I am not able to show this as of now. When I can I will also show the awesome hood scoops that came with the car when I bought it.

As for the LD9 to Eco swap...aside from having to buy a new transmission it is a no-brainer for me. I messed up the frame on the '02 that came with the Eco so I found a 2000 GT for $1200 and 183k miles on it, but very little rust. For comparison the Eco, which I bought off Darkstars when it had 5,000 miles, only has a total of 8,000 as of right now. If I wouldn't have spent the time upgrading the top-end already I would have just bought a car with lower miles on it.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 10:13 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Torres @ UGC Media wrote:

actually it was the duplicolor wheel paint from walmart

Love Duplicolor with a passion. Autozone stopped selling them which sucks because i love Autozone, now i have to go to crappy Advanced Auto and not accumulate points on my rewards card when i buy paint bah! lol

Friday, January 07, 2011 10:16 PM
Personally, mismatched body kits are probably the tackiest, in my opinion.

Some look alright, but there are others that just make me think, "why not buy the whole damn kit?"

That, or cars with subtle kits and an aggressive spoiler, or vice versa.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:20 PM
"Yosemite Sam Back Off" mudflaps, pink fuzzy dashboard and turkey bobble window dressings all on the same pickup truck.

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe
2.2 Liter, 5-Speed
Unmolested except for a new CD/MP3 Player
Friday, January 14, 2011 12:37 AM
Half the cars I have seen in my area of CT.... HVAC moved to the glove box an leaving the empty hole for a long time..* cough, cough*..triple gauge pods filled with boost, EGT, and tranny temp gauges on a non boosted 4 banger with an auto trans .... Like a metro or festiva

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
" Leave the rice to Uncle Ben's and the wings to KFC..
Go clean or go home. "

Monday, January 24, 2011 12:31 PM
Tackiest thing I have seen has been and always will be crappy work. Painted rims aren't tacky when done right, I have a set of gunmetal painted portholes on my Shelby. Wings, have to match the car and body kit. Interior, just do it right and don't cheap out on the paint. Graphics, again, don't do something cheap and crappy, if you do it, do it right. Pretreat before you paint, and stay within your means. Most people who call you a ricer for having cheap parts or stock rims are @$$holes anyway. Do it your way, and make sure YOU like it.

-95 CAVfire SE Sedan 2.2L *Retired*
-99 Sunfire GT 2.4L
-85 Dodge Shelby Turbo TII Roller Cam Build *in progress*
Monday, January 31, 2011 1:42 PM
styles and fads come and go, and some even return. The definition of tacky in regards to cars is hard to define. However if you want interesting reading with pics- search the JBO for posts circa 99-01. Alot of stuff we did could be considered tacky but was the Shizzy when we did it.

:o)

~OPSE

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 10:04 AM
OPSE (TX-RX8 chick) wrote:styles and fads come and go, and some even return. The definition of tacky in regards to cars is hard to define. However if you want interesting reading with pics- search the JBO for posts circa 99-01. Alot of stuff we did could be considered tacky but was the Shizzy when we did it.

:o)

Wow! Blast from the past!

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 11:22 AM
Nowhere near the tackiest but i hate uni lug rims.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 12:15 PM
butch nackley wrote:Lowering one too much.
Putting on wheels that are way too big for one.
Painting the interior.
Huge hood scoops.
Giant wings.
Muffles that sound like a two-stroke dirt bike.

Pretty much this car below

VERY TACKY Stay away from the looks of the car pictured ^^^above^^^ and you're all set.

I LOVE JBO

Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:15 AM
ROKN20S - aka JuicyJ wrote:
Painting the interior.
Huge hood scoops.
Giant wings.

VERY TACKY Stay away from the looks of the car pictured ^^^above^^^ and you're all set.

I LOVE JBO

Had to shorten it buuuutttttt

EXACTLY!!!

Monday, February 21, 2011 12:38 AM
lol nice

I cant stand to see those stupid ass fake carbon fiber fender vents, like what Buick did a few yrs back. in fact, if you use double-sided tape to stick it to the side of your car, then I'd call it tacky. unless it was factory. but an '88 Olds Cutlass Supreme with like, 5 of those @!#$ stick-on diamond-shaped "vents" down each side.. c'mon now, that just looks like crap

and I second the part about using other companies' model badging on other cars. I saw a Mustang GT outside the Chevron by my house.. had chrome 22s and Nissan GT-R badges replacing the Ford GT badging. the drug dealer inside saw me laughing at his car and got all @!#$ty with me. I told him if he could catch me, I'd let him kick my white ass.. Z24 > Mustang GT with stupid wheels all day.. without trying

as for neon, I like it. my sedan came with blue lights under it, and I'm happy for it. I wanna get a set for my coupe, but meh.. I'd rather get this boost thing strait first. I like it in the interior too, kinda like mood lighting. I had to redo the interior harness in my '98 when I did my Eco swap (boo-hoo, shut up), and since it was my daily and my wife was irritated with driving me to work everyday, I just grabbed the first harness I could - an automatic. my car was a 5spd, so I had this extra wire with a bulb on the end for the center console to illuminate the P R N D 2 1. instead, I routed it to the dash and secured it under the HVAC, so it lit up the pocket behind the cupholders in my center console. added a hyper-white bulb. it looked really nice. and like Blu, back when I had my second gen Z24, I used to have a blacklight tube flush-mounted into my headliner above the rear-view mirror (and had a blue tube flush-mounted above both doors and back window). and since I had a boomin-ass stereo and listened to alot of The Crystal Method, my car was kinda known as the Rave on Wheels lol.. man, I miss 2001. now I'd just get pointed and laughed at

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, February 21, 2011 5:14 PM
i actually like your car, too "flashy" for me but its not bad...stands out too much for me, thats too much of a show car look for me

Monday, February 21, 2011 11:30 PM
lol, wait.. me?

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 8:27 PM
well i suppose u could call my car tacky but i also havnt done much..i do have the shaved trunk but it came that way and i love it i hate the half moon..my car WAS lowered too far due to friends letting friends cut springs but i replaced struts and everything today and im rollin on LS rims which i also like and my interior is painted but its just a lighter shade of grey (interior is dark)..but to me the tackiest thing ever is HUGE chrome rims or big rims and not being lowered and i do not like that racks ontop. aftermarket fog lights are ok if they are nicely placed and body kits that havnt been taken car of and are cracked and broken
Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:24 PM
I like painted interior pieces when they've been sanded smooth or fiberglassed over, then a clear laid over top. I spent 10 hrs sanding my gauge bezel and another 2-3 hrs priming, wet-sanding, priming, wet-sanding, painting, wet-sanding, etc. the paint already had a very glossy finish, so I didnt clear it. same with my center console, which took 3 days to do. when I get the door panels I'm trying to get, I'll be redoing the bezel and console so it has clear

also, I tend to like the shaved decklid when the car also has 95-99 Toyota outers

Friday, February 25, 2011 6:37 PM
ROKN20S - aka JuicyJ wrote:
Painting the interior.
Huge hood scoops.
Giant wings.

Yeah, that one in the pic is certainly a collection of tackiness many don't match. LOL, and it's even a 4 door to boot.
Did you photoshop it?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search