grand ma driving a nice vert?!? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Saturday, July 09, 2011 3:28 PM
well guys I bout passed out today ... Seen an old lady driving a nice z24 vert! I'm like wtf . It even had tuned exh, and I was so shocked I'm still not beliving my eyes it was a 98 or so , oh yea had 17in wheels on it ...... ....

Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Saturday, July 09, 2011 4:12 PM
so?

If this forum is seriously going to populated with idiotic posts about nothing I'm bout ready to leave...

Its an old econobox with great gas mileage, my Aunt used to drive a tricked out Mary Kay edition white z24... Did I flip my lid about that? Nope, while a rare breed being a vert and in good condition... its not that surprising... verts were not THAT uncommon.

Now the vert I saw with matching white leather interior... Now THAT was something a little special...Even then I did not post about it..



Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Saturday, July 09, 2011 4:23 PM
Actually it would be nice if people like you did leave. In my opinion it is the reason why the forum has been going down hill for the past 5 years. You feel the need to respond and be negative and hostile towards everyone.
Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Saturday, July 09, 2011 6:20 PM
JZ wrote:

Actually it would be nice if people like you did leave. In my opinion it is the reason why the forum has been going down hill for the past 5 years. You feel the need to respond and be negative and hostile towards everyone.


Your entitled to your opinion... however consider the fact that the immaturity of the OP's thread is compounded by the fact that he is 29 and does not appear to have the grammar skills I had in 4th grade. I am not negative towards everyone, I am negative to those who do not better themselves or attempt to try to better themselves. I do not see why this OP's thread is such big news that we have to post it up as part of the forum.. threads like this take up space for no reason. Maybe if he wanted to strike up a chatroom conversation that would be fine, but this is not a chatroom... why make a damn thread about it...

I had steak and shake today and I took my J to get it... I should probably make a thread about it. Can't forget the emoticons!

Not to mention, this forum and community would be NOTHING if threads like this dominated the forum... I have contributed to this community with service information, fixes, how-to's etc... What has this kid contributed? Well let us see...

From a thread with a user looking for information to fix a trans issue... the ENTIRE post consists of..
evil lives wrote:

5 speed swap


OR here is a classy one... used some punctuation here...
evil lives wrote:

damn nice brakes lol so when you doing a rear disc swap . That is sick just sick.


Just because your on the internet does not mean you sound any less dumb by not using proper punctuation and speech. Plus it makes it harder to read and understand for everyone.

To the OP, look dude, don't take this personally, but your thread sucks...



Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Saturday, July 09, 2011 10:07 PM
I'm 99% sure he was more shocked that it was lightly modded, rather than just an older woman driving a droptop Cav. I'd be shocked too, considered you never see older woman modding anything aside from a pine tree air freshener. cut the guy a little slack lol

I'm more irritated that he snapped no pics to contribute to his findings



R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Saturday, July 09, 2011 10:48 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:


I'm more irritated that he snapped no pics to contribute to his findings


when i saw the title i was expecting pics. i was let down terribly.

To the OP, Alex makes good points. If we all posted about the random Cavaliers and Sunfires we saw everyday, this forum would be nothing but those threads. Jbodys sold a ton back in the day. There are thousands of them running around with an exhaust, if its even an exhaust. Probably just a fart can.





Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Sunday, July 10, 2011 2:31 AM
ok this is my last post good day.
Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Sunday, July 10, 2011 4:40 AM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:

I'm 99% sure he was more shocked that it was lightly modded, rather than just an older woman driving a droptop Cav. I'd be shocked too, considered you never see older woman modding anything aside from a pine tree air freshener. cut the guy a little slack lol


given the popularity of the car, and the number of people who modify them, she probably bought it used off of someone who had already done the exhaust modification before she owned the car. it's not surprising at all. she bought a cheap reliable second-hand, lightly modded car.




Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:16 PM
1st gen? 2nd gen? 3rd gen?


Pics?



Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Monday, July 11, 2011 1:55 PM
Dave Z wrote:

1st gen? 2nd gen? 3rd gen?

evil lives wrote:

it was a 98 or so , oh yea had 17in wheels on it ...... ....

cannons got it. prob second hand. i dont see grandma bothering with modding it herself. but next time do get pics




Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:39 AM
wow, a gradnma driving a cavalier. hell wasn't that who the cars were originally marketed for.




Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 7:52 PM
i dnt get something if u dont like the post dnt open it or r u jst 1 of those ppl that like 2 start bs on forums cause u have such a boring life u hcan do nothing but be on here all day
Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:42 PM
chris dies wrote:

i dnt get something if u dont like the post dnt open it or r u jst 1 of those ppl that like 2 start bs on forums cause u have such a boring life u hcan do nothing but be on here all day


idnt undstnd whtyu istryng tasay, pnctuatonmch?



Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:44 AM
i gotta agree with alex. it was just a wasted post. an old lady bought a cavalier that had rims on it and an exhaust. where is the story? where is the news? its as bad as people posting up saying they saw a stock cavalier on a tv show.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Thursday, July 14, 2011 5:16 AM
Omg so back in like 03 my grandma bought this 03 cavalier ls sport with like every dealer add on and it was just so insane it was like crazy and I couldn't believe it now she drives a trailblazer ss because she is a rich old lady that enjoys having nice things and it just blows my @!#$ mind!?!?!?..,√_\>[√
Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:45 AM
(tabs) wrote:

Dave Z wrote:

1st gen? 2nd gen? 3rd gen?

evil lives wrote:

it was a 98 or so , oh yea had 17in wheels on it ...... ....

cannons got it. prob second hand. i dont see grandma bothering with modding it herself. but next time do get pics



Sorry about that, I missed the number part of that.....



Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:40 PM
i figured. thats why i just quoted the two of you and didnt make a snarky remark




Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Friday, July 15, 2011 6:11 PM
Alex Richards wrote:

JZ wrote:

Actually it would be nice if people like you did leave. In my opinion it is the reason why the forum has been going down hill for the past 5 years. You feel the need to respond and be negative and hostile towards everyone.


Your entitled to your opinion... however consider the fact that the immaturity of the OP's thread is compounded by the fact that he is 29 and does not appear to have the grammar skills I had in 4th grade. I am not negative towards everyone, I am negative to those who do not better themselves or attempt to try to better themselves. I do not see why this OP's thread is such big news that we have to post it up as part of the forum.. threads like this take up space for no reason. Maybe if he wanted to strike up a chatroom conversation that would be fine, but this is not a chatroom... why make a damn thread about it...


You're in the general forum, read the title, if it doesn't sound interesting you don't have to read it and once you open it you aren't forced to keep reading. I'm sure all your posts and threads aren't big news either, no problem, its a community for people with Js or people who are interested in them and as far as I have experienced they don't have to be experts or heavily modify their vehicle. It's fine that you think proper grammar is important but there are a lot of people on the internet that don't use it, feel how you want about it but the rest of the world doesn't need to know, keep using it yourself and maybe people will catch on.

Negativity is a waste of forum space, not jbody related tid-bits. The more people on the forum the better chance someone will know the answer to a question, do something more meaningful than complain about how people post on the forum.

Yes I am aware that I don't always use proper grammar on the internet, I don't have that many posts and someone could argue that the ones I submitted are elementary, no pics, limited profile information etc. and that I am 22 years old.
Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Saturday, July 16, 2011 10:20 AM
well in that case i saw 4 cavaliers on my way to work. they were all stock.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Saturday, July 16, 2011 12:24 PM
I saw a Sunfire sedan on the way to my mom's earlier. it had a coupe wing. I found this to be of interest



R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Saturday, July 16, 2011 6:25 PM
lol@this thread




Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Sunday, July 17, 2011 8:16 AM
I saw a cavalier today!



it was blue.



"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:54 PM
I saw a white 93-94 Sunbird LE convertible at the DMV this past Friday. It had the white vinyl interior and the factory 15" wheels were painted/powder coated black. It was in excellent shape and looked pretty darn good with the black wheels.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:55 PM


IT'S BACK!!!
Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Sunday, July 17, 2011 10:42 PM
I saw a Sunfire today. It was parked in my driveway. Oh wait. Thats mine. Nevermind





Re: grand ma driving a nice vert?!?
Monday, July 18, 2011 1:46 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:

I saw a white 93-94 Sunbird LE convertible at the DMV this past Friday. It had the white vinyl interior and the factory 15" wheels were painted/powder coated black. It was in excellent shape and looked pretty darn good with the black wheels.


Was the white vinyl a base option, upgrade option or would that have to be a custom job?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search