Forum IGNORE Feature - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: IGNORE
Sunday, July 17, 2011 8:59 PM
Some of us enjoy this site a lot, just not some of the people that continuously, and blatantly just are here to stir the pot, why make people leave the site by pressing the x... Dave's doing a GREAT job turning this ship in a more favorable position, and in time, it will be cleansed.



LE61T PTE6262 Powered


Re: IGNORE
Sunday, July 17, 2011 9:22 PM
cleansed? this is a happy pill for a dysfunctional child, medication to calm rather than correct the real problems. it's far from the be-all-end-all of solving the problems of this site. it's mostly just there to make our jobs easier so you guys stop bitching at each other like 4 year olds so we don't have to step in all the time and issue bans. if we can just tell you to ignore each other, it's so much easier for us.

although, it's already started having the negative effect of "im ignoring him, so i can say what i feel like and don't have to read their response". your post, phil, is a perfect case in point of that. you didn't mention any names, but we all know who you are talking about, and you're essentially putting the entirety of the blame on them for why you think this forum is such a bad place. you know they are going to read it, but you don't care because you're not going to read their response. "ignore" goes both ways. just because you have a button to block what they say doesn't mean you don't have to watch what you say as well.




Re: IGNORE
Sunday, July 17, 2011 9:51 PM
What I just said didnt break any rules or loop holes, we all know im not perfect, but since returning have made a positive change.



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: IGNORE
Sunday, July 17, 2011 9:52 PM
Where is everybody?



Re: IGNORE
Sunday, July 17, 2011 11:27 PM
Qwibby PTE Powered wrote:

What I just said didnt break any rules or loop holes, we all know im not perfect, but since returning have made a positive change.


no, you didn't break rules, but you were finger-pointing (see also: stirring the pot). which is exactly the point i was making. you knew full well you wouldn't see certain peoples' responses, but you said something negative about them none the less.




Re: IGNORE
Monday, July 18, 2011 10:39 AM
cannon fodder wrote:

Qwibby PTE Powered wrote:

What I just said didnt break any rules or loop holes, we all know im not perfect, but since returning have made a positive change.


no, you didn't break rules, but you were finger-pointing (see also: stirring the pot). which is exactly the point i was making. you knew full well you wouldn't see certain peoples' responses, but you said something negative about them none the less.
i have to agree here... only because of the history involved. On a normal day to some random person, giving them hell for mentioning a "red x" as an ignore method would be acceptable, however, considering the circumstances, and adding the reference to "certain people continously stirring the pot" is kind of over the top from normal forum discussions. It sucks it is that way but right now it is what it is.

The only constructive thing at this point is for all parties to have no contact with the others outside of AG within these forums.





Re: IGNORE
Monday, July 18, 2011 10:40 AM
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:

cannon fodder wrote:

Qwibby PTE Powered wrote:

What I just said didnt break any rules or loop holes, we all know im not perfect, but since returning have made a positive change.


no, you didn't break rules, but you were finger-pointing (see also: stirring the pot). which is exactly the point i was making. you knew full well you wouldn't see certain peoples' responses, but you said something negative about them none the less.
i have to agree here... only because of the history involved. On a normal day to some random person, giving them hell for mentioning a "red x" as an ignore method would be acceptable, however, considering the circumstances, and adding the reference to "certain people continously stirring the pot" is kind of over the top from normal forum discussions. It sucks it is that way but right now it is what it is.

The only constructive thing at this point is for all parties to have no contact with the others outside of AG within these forums.


That's fine, and I will continue to do so.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 18, 2011 1:18 PM


LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: IGNORE
Monday, July 18, 2011 3:15 PM
I cannot believe the amount of animosity you guys have for each other, honestly.



R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Re: IGNORE
Monday, July 18, 2011 3:45 PM
Peeps be gay



Re: IGNORE
Monday, July 18, 2011 3:45 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:

I cannot believe the amount of animosity you guys have for each other, honestly.


It's absolutely retarded. Certain people just like keep on with subjects that are already dead and have been discussed.

I personally think this ignore button is bad idea. All it does is make the animosity strong. The end result is everyone ignoring everyone and then what? This forum dies.





Re: IGNORE
Monday, July 18, 2011 5:59 PM
What about a "views" column when ur looking thru the threads in each forum. Like how there's a "replies" column. It's basically useless I know I'd just like to see this happen.




Re: IGNORE
Monday, July 18, 2011 6:06 PM
blucavvy wrote:

What about a "views" column when ur looking thru the threads in each forum. Like how there's a "replies" column. It's basically useless I know I'd just like to see this happen.


I like the views idea... a lot actually...



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: IGNORE
Monday, July 18, 2011 6:40 PM
cannon fodder wrote:

you didn't mention any names


and oh but he did lol, then right away "ignored" everyone lol.



and....
blucavvy wrote:

What about a "views" column when ur looking thru the threads in each forum. Like how there's a "replies" column. It's basically useless I know I'd just like to see this happen.


meh, i see it on some forums and not on others.... To me its a waste... then you have people wondering, why is everybody looking but nobody posting.... to me its a useless statistic that we dont need to waste coding on...

All the suggestions should be taken to AG where the premium members are allowed to offer suggestions there is a specific post just for this



Re: IGNORE
Monday, July 18, 2011 7:04 PM
blucavvy wrote:

What about a "views" column when ur looking thru the threads in each forum. Like how there's a "replies" column. It's basically useless I know I'd just like to see this happen.

I decided a long time ago not to do this. Its too big of a performance hit.




"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Re: IGNORE
Monday, July 18, 2011 7:18 PM
so sayeth dave....



Re: IGNORE
Monday, July 18, 2011 7:42 PM
views is an epic performance hit. its the death of any vBulletin site... Remember when Cobaltss.net was so slow... getting rid of page views would have improved their situation significantly . Usually if i see forums with page views, i automatically assume their sysadmin doesn't know anything about anything (especially when they run a vbulletin site)



Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 18, 2011 7:43 PM


Re: IGNORE
Monday, July 18, 2011 10:31 PM
not to mention it becomes a popularity contest. people post just to get views, then think they are better than other people because they are getting more views. drama ensues.




Re: IGNORE
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:05 AM
cannon fodder wrote:

not to mention it becomes a popularity contest. people post just to get views, then think they are better than other people because they are getting more views. drama ensues.
Drama? Well at least we can safely say that wouldn't b a problem here.....



Re: IGNORE
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:03 AM
of course not, i must have been tired when i posted that and was thinking of a different j-body forum...




Re: IGNORE
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:32 AM
something as simple as views takes that much performance? i def wouldnt have guessed that.

but if you want to not only burn performance but also start drama, then list post counts (and ranks for members based on them) next to their names in each tread. so says the #1 leader in posts (GAMs dead acct notwithstanding)




Re: IGNORE
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:01 AM
Is still like to see a "Top Ignored List". See who's being ignored the most.






Re: IGNORE
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:37 AM
A top ignored list would never happen... drama would ensue... why do you think only in AG do we list post counts...



Re: IGNORE
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:39 AM
(tabs) wrote:

something as simple as views takes that much performance? i def wouldnt have guessed that.

The way phpBB and vBulletin (and some others) do it, it is a massive performance hit on large forums like ours. It is possible to implement it in such a way that the performance hit is negligible, but with the hardware I've had to work with up till now, any hit would have been a major hit. Who knows, I'll add it to the bottom of my list and maybe someday if we can upgrade our hardware a bit more I'll implement it. But for now, there are much bigger and better things I have planned.

(tabs) wrote:

but if you want to not only burn performance but also start drama, then list post counts (and ranks for members based on them) next to their names in each tread. so says the #1 leader in posts (GAMs dead acct notwithstanding)

I used to make the top authors list available to everyone. But then it turned into a battle of the biggest post whores. The overall quality of the content here went straight downhill.




"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Re: IGNORE
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:04 PM
Edit


Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:09 PM




Re: IGNORE
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:52 PM
Dave wrote:


(tabs) wrote:

but if you want to not only burn performance but also start drama, then list post counts (and ranks for members based on them) next to their names in each tread. so says the #1 leader in posts (GAMs dead acct notwithstanding)

I used to make the top authors list available to everyone. But then it turned into a battle of the biggest post whores. The overall quality of the content here went straight downhill.

oh yeah, thats def nothing but a pissfest and whorage waiting to happen




Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search