how good of shape is your cavalier? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: how good of shape is your cavalier?
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:23 AM
I'm in "Good" condition as listed by KBB. I have some small surface rust areas along the left rear door. My car is mechanically sound, and I live in an area where it snows pretty heavily during the winter.I also lack a garage and/or a carport, so that's probably a testament to the rust there.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:38 PM
Mine was okay....until the hail storm back at the end of May....now it looks like a green golf ball. Funny enough, the gf's Stratus that was parked beside it had a completely smashed windshield....but the Crapalier windshield didn't have the first crack!!!!! I should post some pics.

And the normal dash crack recently went off the chart.....got in it this morning and a huge piece had completely broken apart!

2.2 97 Cavalier......the "Crapalier"
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:48 PM
mine is a big dent lol its a daily so its ok it has one curbed rim rear bumper dent hood dent roof dent
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:46 PM
arrival_04_eco (green98cav) wrote:mines about a 9/10 but with 35k original miles and garage kept it should be lol

Mine is exactly this.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:46 PM
i thought of using bondo for the little bit of rocker panel rust that i do have. would that be a wise idea? also two small rust holew on each side on rocker panels and one minor rust hole in rear fender where bumper and fender meet couple minor scratches and little crack in the dash other than that paint is pretty good couple minor pop dents new tires , clutch ,axle control arm bushing , ball joints tierods , blower, brakes jvc headunit , cone air filter new plugs wires. mechsnically 100% solid . everything works. what would you say its worth if you personally were going to sell it. just running ideas through my head and want to know what other people think.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:49 PM
dakota sutherland wrote:I'm suprised more people arent saying they have rust. all the cavaliers where I live are rusty , except a few exeptions and the newer ones all the ones older than 99 have rust

Surprisingly, my car has absolutely no rust yet. Even in places where the paint is coming off the roof and trunk lid, there's not even a trace of surface rust. The underside looks great as well. Just some surface rust on the exhaust and I live in Kentucky and drive this thing in all kinds of weather including salty slush roads, but I do spray the underside often and I keep the car clean.

dakota sutherland wrote:cavogreen is that the cavalier your talking about in that pic? it looks good there .

Yep, that's the one. It looks amazing in pics, but in person...not so amazing. That pic was taken about a year ago. You can't even see the two dents in the driver's side fender in a pic from that far away. They are pretty small really, but they are there.

2000 2.2 3 speed 2-door, Stock...
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:47 AM
dakota sutherland wrote:i thought of using bondo for the little bit of rocker panel rust that i do have. would that be a wise idea? also two small rust holew on each side on rocker panels and one minor rust hole in rear fender where bumper and fender meet couple minor scratches and little crack in the dash other than that paint is pretty good couple minor pop dents new tires , clutch ,axle control arm bushing , ball joints tierods , blower, brakes jvc headunit , cone air filter new plugs wires. mechsnically 100% solid . everything works. what would you say its worth if you personally were going to sell it. just running ideas through my head and want to know what other people think.

bondo works great if you want to pretend the rust is gone and then be shocked when the rust continues to eat away at the panel. if u have rust. remove it. you can't cover it up. or hide it. you either cut it out completly. or you hide it so u can sell the car and let some other guy deal with it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:19 PM
Mine has ZERO rust, but I also live in Florida so yea.. lucky me

My '98 Z24, I bought it from a guy in Cherry Hill, NJ. He failed to mention the rusty subframe, rotted bumper supports, or the rusty rear quarter where it meets the bumper. The hole was big enough to jam my thumb in it and be seen from the inside of the trunk. not very happy about that at all.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:08 PM
yea mine is rusted in the back frame area to I just ignore it lol
Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:11 AM
Moral of the story, rust sucks.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:23 PM
mine has a few pucks in the roof from hail and a few scratches and dings... i tend to notice every imperfection on it though.

drives me nuts but hey... looks aren't everything.

Sunday, July 24, 2011 12:37 PM
Mine would be a 10/10 if it wasn't for minor hail damage. You can barely see it anyways though, nobody ever notices unless you point it out and even then its hard to tell.

My steelie's are even still somehow black and rust free.
Sunday, July 24, 2011 2:15 PM
5/10 rust dents scratches

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Friday, July 29, 2011 11:26 AM
For having 273K miles on it, my car looks pretty decent. No real major clear coat failure. Small dents here and there, but nothing huge. Well, the dent in the passenger door is big, but not deep (old owner did it). Most importantly, NO RUST. Seems like the 2 doors rust out much faster than the 4 doors...?

2000 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 - Not stock
1973 16' Tahiti Speedboat
1983 200 HP Mercury BlackMax
1997 Chevy Cavalier with 275K miles
Friday, July 29, 2011 12:01 PM
most cars look good from a distance or in a pic(thats not close up) mine has a few scratches, not really any dings, it was well taken care of by the last owner.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Saturday, August 06, 2011 8:50 PM
i love looking at my new cavi when im not right up on it, or in it. but, it has some dent ripples, scratches and such. The trunk was keyed by the girls ex girl, and someone had broke the locks. It runs fantastic, drives straight, good tires, 155xxx miles, only paid 1100 bucks.
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:28 PM
mine has small dings, rusty rockers, but nearly no paint fade and no clearcoat issues. my interior is next to perfect!!! no cracks or breaks in anything, no rips in seats or stains, everything works, only problem is my steering wheel is showing some wear so ill have to get a new one or maybe a momo or sparco replacement. as far as my rusty rockers im cutting out all of the rust and painting everything around what used to be rusty in rustolium, and patching the holes. im considering molding the stock side skirts to the body or buying the aftermarket side skirts that cover up the rocker where i fixed it all together.

i love my mini camaro
Thursday, August 11, 2011 11:43 AM
reading this makes me think i got extremely lucky, my white 99 sunfire GT had 206,000kms on it when i bought it in april of this year. small swirl marks yes, scratches no, one or two door dings per side, crawl underneath it and its clean and rust free, pop the hood and its nice and shiney, (better then my bros 06 jetta) interior is immaculate, no cracks in dash anywhere, carpet like new, (needs another good vacuum because of all the time spent at the beach). the biggest aesthetic issue is some chipping on the frond edge opf the hood and a chiclet sized chip below the gas door! rockers/underside are 100% rust free, i even had the gt side skirts off and the rockers are fine on the paint side aswell! and im not trying to brag prior to this i had a 86 celica gt that was so rusty all my friends called it the swish cheese rocket haha
Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:16 PM
my car has a lil ding on driverside fender n a couple of lil rock chips on front lip. other then that i like the way my car looks it has a 1yr old paint job. i just wish my interior was all black

Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:19 PM
01whiteZ24 wrote:my car has a lil ding on driverside fender n a couple of lil rock chips on front lip. other then that i like the way my car looks it has a 1yr old paint job. i just wish my interior was all black

oh and my car has been wrecked 3 times front end twice and side swipped well car was parked at work. i was driving it in only 1 of 3 wrecks

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:27 AM
i always get so jealous seeing all these nice cavs

the paint is chipping/peeling all over my car
the sealers are stripping off
right fender is dented in and bumped smashed in from a previous accident
my car sounds like its about to split into 2
my dash is cracked in several places, some my fault because i took my anger out on it
my gears are crap

i wish i had the money to fix it but I have college bills to pay and my part time job dont pay me enough to buy a dang cheeseburger and fries sometimes.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:14 PM
Mine has scratches, no center caps. and dusty rims imperfections make it mine

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:38 PM
Mine has a sideswipe on the right, interior is faded a little, dash is all cracked to hell, mismatched fender and it has been on steelies because I got a S-10 instead of new wheels.

01 Base Coupe, Z/24 Front Bumper, Fogs, side skirts and needs body work.........
Sunday, January 08, 2012 1:21 AM
Mine for 500$ cdn and 115 000 KM's looks pretty good. After i've changed my driver's side fender,it will be perfect.

2002 CHEVROLET CAVALIER VL BASE SEDAN.

Sunday, January 08, 2012 8:28 PM
My 98 has 115,000 miles & is 99% perfect.
My 2002 I would say is 95% perfect. Has a cracked dash & some very minor quarter
panel bubble rust about the size of a nickel. Easily fixable...

Supercharged 2002 Cavalier Z24
J-Body / GM TUNER Bash Veteran
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search