I'm sorry to do this...but I guess I have to - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I'm sorry to do this...but I guess I have to
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:37 PM
Hey guys,

Long time no visit the site...but I have been forced to come back here to inform you all of an ongoing situation.

As many of you know, last year I entered into an agreement with Matt Gorman to sell him my car, as is, plus a brand new, uninstalled Xtreme Tuner kit for the total price of $4,000...$3k for the car and $1k for the Xtreme Tuner kit. Since he got the car I have received $400 from him and a bunch of BS stories. I tried to support him and give him the benefit of the doubt, but I can no longer do that.

For the last year he has been "fixing" the car and selling parts off of it. Earlier today I was informed that Matt had sold the Xtreme Tuner kit for the $1,000 without telling me about it or sending me the money, something he had agreed to do. This ended all patience I had left for him and his junk stories.

As of 8AM on September 22, 2011 (tomorrow morning) this will become a legal matter, and anyone with parts from my car will become material witnesses to his fraud and deception. I am not going to name anyone who bought/traded parts off of my car with Matt as defendants, as they didn't know the situation, but I do need as many names, numbers, and what you bought or traded for as possible. Worst case scenario I will sell you all the parts you bought from him back for $1.

I don't want the parts back, I just want the $3,600 I am still owed from this deal. Anyone who has bought parts off of or traded for parts off of my car can reach me at rynejhoover@gmail.com. Before anyone asks, I have the entire deal in text messages that have been printed out, and verified as a legal contract of sale by my lawyer.

Matt: If you want to contact me and pay me before I make this official, you know how to reach me and where to send the money.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Re: I'm sorry to do this...but I guess I have to
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:47 PM
Sorry to hear about this.

The way i sold my J a few years ago was the buyer gave me payments of $500 every two weeks until it was paid for and then he got the car and signed over title. You really shouldn't have given him the car and signed over title before it was paid for. That was just a bad choice on your end but things happen.

I hope everything gets solved for you.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:58 PM
he still has the title, i just have the vehicle.

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:08 PM
Matt Gorman(Ballsdeepinboost) wrote:he still has the title, i just have the vehicle.

Then give him his money!
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:16 PM
good idea!

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:52 PM
The legality of this whole thing baffles me.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:14 PM
Report the car stolen

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:28 PM
Well since this got started I'll just mention the fact that I never got paid the other $60 for the FMU I sold him at the '08 Bash either....

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:29 AM
sounds like alot of people got screwed in this deal

including the person who got the car

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:06 AM
Really? It's taken a year to pay off $3600 of which you paid none? And you've been driving the car this whole time? What a @!#$ dirtbag.

Ryne, report it stolen.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:10 AM
Car was not derivable when matt got it and has yet to be fixed. Car was hit in the front, bad.

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com

Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:16 AM
evan barnes wrote:Car was not derivable when matt got it and has yet to be fixed. Car was hit in the front, bad.

Which has what to do with not paying off his debt? And selling off parts from it when he technically doesn't even own it.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:56 AM
EcoCav[@DesertTuners.com wrote:]Report the car stolen

Not sure if this car could be called stolen.

I think it's more of a civil matter now, rather than a criminal one.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:12 AM
blackbirdracing wrote:
EcoCav[@DesertTuners.com wrote:]Report the car stolen

Not sure if this car could be called stolen.

I think it's more of a civil matter now, rather than a criminal one.

Nope, the owner has the title. He can easily report the car stolen and get the car back. BUT he wont get the money, maybe. Its something a good lawyer would/should know.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:57 AM
If he gave the car to him, it wasn't "stolen"

You can't report it stolen, it isn't since you gave them permission to use it. But you can call it in as unauthorized use of your car.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:05 AM
Kinda glad u haven't gotten involved with this guy couple years ago when I came up for some engine work.
Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:09 AM
What the....

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:35 AM
honestly... i have to bring up my mis fortunate deal with him as well...

ive talked to matt at least a dozen times about getting me the 03-05 lss rear seat i paid $50 for well over a year ago now. deal was i would pick it up at the bash but i didnt make it. i tried arranging some kind of shipment deal where either he'd ship it or someone would come over and ship it for him but we never really got anything ironed out so i basically just said ill take the money back and we can finally be done with this but no money has ever been sent. ive talked to him about it on facebook many times and most times i do he says he will finally take care of it but it never happens.

now i realise the shipping is expensive and will probably cost the amount i gave him for the seat itself but you'd think after all this time he could just send the money back and be done with it. i understand job loss and the ways of life but come on here, its $50 bucks. personally, id much rather have the seat but at this point i just want my money back.

matt, am in no way trying to bash you or otherwise but i feel saying something here really is the only way to finally resolve this.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:39 AM
I did the same thing when I sold my 4 door, he started givin me payments of $200 every 2 weeks and I gave him the car on the 1st payment BUT before I did, I did up a contract stating that I sold the car as is, he knew everything that was wrong with it when I gave it to him, and if anything happened after the date, and time of him buying the car, that he still had to pay up regardless, I let him read it over so that he fully understood it, printed 2 copies and we both signed them, I kept 1 and he got the other. Matt I don't kno u from a whole in the ground so I can't sit here and talk bad about ya, call names n shyt plus I'd man up and do it to your face, not on this site. but just pay the guy what you owe him man, it will be easier and less stressful for both ya asses.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:04 AM
Ryne Hoover Chevrolet, 10% down!

Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:48 AM
J03Y wrote:
Ryne, report it stolen.

No written contract, all hearsay, and permission was given to take the car, you cant criminally file a stolen vehicle report based off .

That would be like me selling you something then calling the cops for selling it to you all based on verbal agreements and text messages... Hell I can make two people call each other and them not know its me doing it, so how can text messages be proof...

if anything its civil.

regardless its none of my business since I didnt buy any parts from either. But sounds like both parties got ripped off.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:16 PM
no sounds like gorman's a piece of @!#$.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:51 PM
blucavvy wrote:no sounds like gorman's a piece of @!#$.

x2 considering he has done something like this to multiple members.

pay up buddy there out to find ya and your cash
Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:32 PM
Ok...to clarify things a little bit....

1) The car was ABSOLUTELY NOT driveable when sold, but Matt knew this, hence the AS-IS part of the deal.
2) Matt was told he could sell parts off the car, but the money had to come right to me until the car was paid off.
3) I HAVE THE TITLE RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME
4) Me and Matt have been working out a deal, one that he knows is his last chance. As any of the other business owners here will attest to...most of us have lawyers on retainer.
5) If I had known there was this much bad blood with Matt, I would have brought some popcorn!

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, September 23, 2011 3:30 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
J03Y wrote:
Ryne, report it stolen.

No written contract, all hearsay, and permission was given to take the car, you cant criminally file a stolen vehicle report based off .

At the same time that there was no written contract, and it's all hearsay. The permission to take the car would be hearsay as well, would it not? Since the source of the permission is the same as the other stuff (text messages)?

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search