Businesses: Expanded Group Purchase Forum - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Businesses: Expanded Group Purchase Forum
Thursday, December 08, 2011 10:04 AM
The GP forum has now been expanded. Sale posts are now permitted in addition to standard group purchases.

In the past sales were not directly addressed on the site. Sometimes sales would be posted in the GP forum, sometimes they would be permitted in other forums, as long as the author was a premium member. As I work towards adding new features for businesses in the newly expanded forum (more on that to come at a later date), we now ask that sales of all kinds be posted in the SALES and GP forum only.

There are now two places to find things for sale on this site:
PERSONAL items - CLASSIFIEDS
BUSINESS sales and group purchases - SALES AND GROUP PURCHASE FORUM

Any for sale posts found outside of those two places will now be deleted by the moderators. As always, repeated violations of this policy will result in warnings and forum bans.

Thanks for your support. Any questions or comments feel free to reply to this post, or you can PM or email me.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Re: Businesses: Expanded Group Purchase Forum
Thursday, December 08, 2011 10:14 AM
So what about existing posts? Will they just remain, and any new be deleted?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, December 08, 2011 10:21 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:So what about existing posts? Will they just remain, and any new be deleted?

This policy begins today and is not retroactive, so old posts can stay where they are. I just ask that you please don't bump them unnecessarily. If we see a sale post keep getting kicked to the top many months from now, it will get moved or deleted.

Also, new product announcements will be permitted in the regular forums. Although, moderators will be using their discretion to determine if something is legitimately a new product, and the post is not just a sale post. It is a grey area, so at times those kind of posts may be flagged, and the business should contact me directly about it.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about

Thursday, December 08, 2011 1:47 PM
dave has spoken...

Thursday, December 08, 2011 6:11 PM
So no sale post in the regional forums?

FU Tuning

Thursday, December 08, 2011 10:24 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:So no sale post in the regional forums?

Friday, December 09, 2011 10:51 AM
I think he means like "Things from a business are on sale" not things for sale.

Friday, December 09, 2011 12:36 PM

Technically sale posts are not allowed in the regions, since the classifieds now has regions built into it. For now some regions choose to not enforce that rule, though some do. At some point I will be integrating the regional forums with the classifieds. The will be separate, but accessible from the same page. At that time, sale posts will not be allowed in the forum. But of course at that point it will make sense to put them in the classifieds anyway.

Friday, December 09, 2011 5:44 PM
Dave wrote:

Technically sale posts are not allowed in the regions, since the classifieds now has regions built into it. For now some regions choose to not enforce that rule, though some do. At some point I will be integrating the regional forums with the classifieds. The will be separate, but accessible from the same page. At that time, sale posts will not be allowed in the forum. But of course at that point it will make sense to put them in the classifieds anyway.

I agree they shouldn't be, just asking.

You say "some regions choose to not enforce that rule" Who would be enforceing that? Isn't it a mod job?

FU Tuning

Friday, December 09, 2011 11:56 PM
Can the Adbots sell there too?

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, December 10, 2011 11:46 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:
Dave wrote:

I agree they shouldn't be, just asking.

You say "some regions choose to not enforce that rule" Who would be enforceing that? Isn't it a mod job?

in this case it would be, though, not all regions have mods that go into them. Canadian Mountain Region being one of them. I'm sure there are more, but those ones aren't visited by anyone.

I need a new sig.

Saturday, December 10, 2011 5:02 PM
arguably, keeping up with for sale threads in the regional forums is a full time job... especially in mid east and north east... both are like garage sales... if the rules were fully enforced, many many many ppl would have bans, and many more would be complaining in anything goes. It will be very nice when the integration comes in to place.. .

Saturday, December 10, 2011 10:30 PM
jesus.

it's about time.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search