Beware buying from >>arrival_04_eco (green98cav) - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Beware buying from >>arrival_04_eco (green98cav)
Friday, December 23, 2011 2:06 PM
This transaction really bothered me and is one of the worst ive been involved with in a long while.

I bought the three gauge bezel off of his part-out thread not to long ago.

He was fast to respond when I hadn't sent him any money but once I sent it I got no message letting me know if its been sent, tracking number ...not a thing.

Thats fine.. I finally got a email 2 weeks later saying the part has shipped but he doesn't have the number in front of him and he will get it to me(never happened).....Although in this message he was complaining/awaring about how much shipping ended up being and how it was so much for a low priced item. (I paid $200 shipped for it)

Again I was ok with it and eventually the bezel did show up. The box looked like it had been around the world a couple times but that wasn't his fault, it was USPS. Luckily the bezel was undamaged...........

So today I get around to install the bezel and start noticing its a giant piece of crap! The screw hole tab on the drivers side and the corner is busted off, the other 2 tabs across the top are broken but was able to be used with a larger washer, the vent on the drivers side barely stays in since one of the tabs that hold the vent in is broken!

This all would be fine if it was a $50 bezel but the lack of letting me know the tabs are busted, and the piece is in 6/10 condition along with the crappy communication makes me rather annoyed with this whole transaction.

I dont want to ruin his name but aware others to ask more questions, get better pics, and beware.

And for you sellers out there....TELL PEOPLE IF THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH AN ITEM, EVEN SHOW PICS!!! Keep in contact!

Re: Beware buying from >>arrival_04_eco (green98cav)
Friday, December 23, 2011 2:25 PM
Damn 200 bucks? @!#$ Im underselling mine then lol.

That sucks though man, Paul is a good guy and hopefully he has an explanation for it all. I know he does work away from home a lot, soo.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, December 23, 2011 2:50 PM
also vouch for paul..... im sure he's got an explanation. would be surprised if he doesnt....

sucks to hear tho man.

Friday, December 23, 2011 2:54 PM
Thats why I had no issues sending him money..

Everyone said hes a great guy and I didnt question buying from him. Not saying he sold me complete crap but if i was aware of the broken parts I would not have bought it.
Friday, December 23, 2011 6:25 PM
i gotta vouch for Paul as well... i wonder what happened here...

Friday, December 23, 2011 6:28 PM
from what u describe sounds to be like a tipical j besel. tons of them break on the driver side weak point. the top may have broke while he installed it as it gets brittle from sun. the vent i know he had a boost controller there so may be it was a spare vent to complete it. dispite these minor non visible issues you got a extremely well built besel. it was crafted by fetter and hes done some very nice work so youll get plenty of time outta it. its the quality of the glass work on the gauge cluster that u mainly paid for. sure woulda been nice to know about the other lil issues but sadly thats the life of a j dash. Ive been dealing with him for a very long time now heck just got a shipment two weeks ago from him. Ive always had a good dealing with him. sometimes ive had to wait a while to get stuff shipped but i was aware he was off at work. Now u wanna see a peice of crap i had gotten a besel for our old j from what used to be one of the employees of the former IZNTRBL. boy was that a hack job. thing weight a ton due to being filled with bondo and the outter glass layer had accually lifted and then top it off he "matched it" to simulate "OEM" texture and WOW it was like he sprayed it with rino liner on the one side. all around a hack. that peice u got was beautiful dispite the minor retentions. Id gladly trade u mine if u wanna say n claim POS lol. (seriously ill trade). But we ended up totally gutting all the bondo n redid it all over again just sitting in primer.

Friday, December 23, 2011 7:15 PM
^^That is exactly what I mean..

The vent isnt busted..never came with one, that I wouldn't care about its the actual pin on the bezel that the vent snaps onto is busted off. So now a vent will never fit in there right.

Your right the glass work is decent. Better then your version most likely. But if that glass work is on a busted up bezel who cares.

The fact remains that none of this damage was told to me.

It does look decent from a distance without knowing the issues but still....

As for trading..nah. Im going to rock this one till i finish building the one I have in my closet and then sell this one.

Sellers need to tell people if what your sending them has issues...period. Im not saying I would not buy from him again but........I would ask for detailed description and close up pics and any other surprises.

Its your duty as a seller to make sure your buyer is happy and well informed.
Friday, December 23, 2011 10:28 PM
Ouch on buy.I know when I sell stuff the parts for sale are in a GOOD picture blown up and if there are any blemishes or ?s I always state that to those interested.I see 3rd gen stuff here dime a dozen just not my pursuit of parts car in my pull a part yards.I soley do 1st gen stuff,and know them the best.

Saturday, December 24, 2011 7:21 AM
^Exactly..

When I sell I always state very clearly the condition, any blemishes and very clear pictures of the item. I also make sure I keep the buyer well informed with shipping info. Always pm a pic of the shipping receipt to show its been sent, and it shows the tracking info.

At the end of the day it looks ok from a distance.
Saturday, December 24, 2011 10:26 AM
Philly D wrote:
I dont want to ruin his name but aware others to ask more questions, get better pics, and beware.

but a beware thread about him doesnt help much. Maybe it was installed on his car so long that he just didnt notice it anymore? If you saw the rest of his car, you would know he doesnt just put crap on it... literally. Everything is top notch.

Will also vouch for paul.

Saturday, December 24, 2011 11:30 AM
^ I understand he doesn't put crap on his car.

Or that was my impression and why I didn't even hesitate when I seen it up for grabs.

But... Didnt notice this? Come on..

Thats not the part that really bothered me really...but it is the worst break. The other two tabs are there but the holes are busted, one of the tabs is barely there.

People can vouch for a guy all they want but..the fact remains I was not told about any of this and I suppose the blame lies partially on me for not asking

Saturday, December 24, 2011 9:45 PM
I <3 Paul, I've had my car for almost 10 yrs now and the tabs have been broken for 7 yrs now, that is just how the plastic is on the cavy Bro. now don't get me started on that freaking dash crack I've been through 2 of them.

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Saturday, December 24, 2011 11:22 PM
And forgot when I ship I soley use fedex ground and literally the SAME day I ship I send a pm or email with the tracking #.I guess I am a no b/s person and just want the person I am selling to,to know the condition of said part or parts,cost up front,and shpg and how to pay and yes day shpd and info pertaining to it the SAME DAY.Pm here is nice and or your normal mail yahoo,gmail whatever.Just MY take if you sell a part to anyone take the freaking two hot seconds to send a tracking # for said item the SAME DAY.To me there is NO excuse for this with all the technology we have at our disposal.Merry xmas to all and too bad for the damaged areas of your part and apparently seems pretty common overall(thank GM for the greatness of quality) on said part.

Saturday, December 24, 2011 11:25 PM
Odd ive had 4 cavs over the last 7 years and never anything like this. This is worse then anything ive even seen in pick it yards.

Regardless....

I guess everyone on JBO would all be happy paying $200 for a bezel with a vent that wont stay in and only half of the mounting tabs still present without being aware of it from the get go.

Sometimes even the best sellers make mistakes.
Sunday, December 25, 2011 7:42 AM
Anyways.....going to let this thread die now...it is what it is.

Ive said my part, and not much point in going on with it. People here seem to think this situation is ok and thats fine, I will never conduct business like this.

But for those who want to listen...

Please sellers aware the buyer fully of the condition, any blemishes. It makes it alot nicer when you get the item and you get what your expecting, and keep your buyer informed. It takes 2 minutes.

Merry Christmas....
Sunday, December 25, 2011 6:19 PM
Wow ok, let me start by saying Merry Christmas. Now on to business. I apologize for any wrong doings or delayed emails or whatnot. Like a few have stated here i work offshore (oil supply vessel) and dont have phone signal when not sitting at the dock. i had a friend remove this from the car so i did not see the damage, my fiance then shipped it out. i was at work through out this process so my contact with you was lacking. I AM SORRY. if you are unhappy with the bezel i will 100% refund your money if the item is shipped back to me. this is the first time i have been in both phone or internet signal since the day i initially sent you the last PM. I did state that the shipping cost more than i had expected. i was asking 175 for the item, and you countered with 200 shipped. i didnt expect it to cost that much so i accepted. (my fault 100 all i did was let you know on the shipping cost. ($50.98 for shipping to Canada plus the $17.99 packaging) so i had commented on having almost $70 in a $175 part. i have sold numerous items to quite a few people on this site among others, im just wanting to clear my name from this and move on. if you want to further contact me you can call me at 765-610-5810 or on here. i will be in both internet and phone signal until tomorrow night at 5pm after that it is unclear when i will be back in before 1/5/12. Hopefully we can resolve this

Sunday, December 25, 2011 6:25 PM
sounds like a good reply............i expect this to be happily resolved soon.

Sunday, December 25, 2011 7:15 PM
Not much to resolve.

Now knowing more facts it shows it was a mistake on both our parts. Anything I have said prior in this thread still stands.

Like ive said in previous posts id still buy from him but id be sure to get more info before following through with the payment. and I stand by that.

Coming on here and offering a refund does show he is a good guy.

This thread can either get locked or die....its over and done with.
Tuesday, December 27, 2011 5:49 AM
not much to resolve? what exactly were you trying to acomplish here, then? you said you didnt intend to ruin his name but dont want a refund.... i get you want others to beware but did you need to make an entire thread over it? lol

if i were you i would accept the refund and put the money into getting exactly what you want.... a mint NOS brand new GM unit that a professional place fiberglasses for you.

nothing irritates me more than getting a part that has something wrong with it that i did not previously know about. missing items or damage sucks balls so i hear you there.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Tuesday, December 27, 2011 5:59 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Damn 200 bucks? @!#$ Im underselling mine then lol.

+1 I think I was selling them for $125 back a few years ago.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 6:10 AM
Yup Joey you were, a hell of a deal you gave me!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 12:57 PM
arrival_04_eco (green98cav) wrote:Wow ok, let me start by saying Merry Christmas. Now on to business. I apologize for any wrong doings or delayed emails or whatnot. Like a few have stated here i work offshore (oil supply vessel) and dont have phone signal when not sitting at the dock. i had a friend remove this from the car so i did not see the damage, my fiance then shipped it out. i was at work through out this process so my contact with you was lacking. I AM SORRY. if you are unhappy with the bezel i will 100% refund your money if the item is shipped back to me. this is the first time i have been in both phone or internet signal since the day i initially sent you the last PM. I did state that the shipping cost more than i had expected. i was asking 175 for the item, and you countered with 200 shipped. i didnt expect it to cost that much so i accepted. (my fault 100 all i did was let you know on the shipping cost. ($50.98 for shipping to Canada plus the $17.99 packaging) so i had commented on having almost $70 in a $175 part. i have sold numerous items to quite a few people on this site among others, im just wanting to clear my name from this and move on. if you want to further contact me you can call me at 765-610-5810 or on here. i will be in both internet and phone signal until tomorrow night at 5pm after that it is unclear when i will be back in before 1/5/12. Hopefully we can resolve this

sorry to hear you have shady freinds that are willing to let stuff be sent out with out informing you of any damages to parts. this is why i don't let others do stuff in my place.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 7:13 PM
I <3 Paul he is a man of his word and is a good friend, I wouldn't worry about this it was all a miss communication that should've been taken care of outside the forum just saying. also Section8 (Scott) is muy beatch LOL

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search