Im Sorry: Good Bye - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Im Sorry: Good Bye
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:42 PM
Im the poster of the Poor Man Mod vidoes

As you wish i will stop posting, yes im trying to promote my site, but i made this site to help people...Every single mod that has been done to that car has been done by me except tuning because i dont have a dyno nor am i an experience tuner... I modified the fuel canister to fit a larger fuel pump, i installed a clutch and flywheel, i installed injectors, a crank pulley, i installed lowering springs and sway bars, painting my wheels, took a front lip from a 98 accord and made it fit perfectly to my car, removed the balance shaft in the bottom of my oil pan, installed solid motor mounts/trans mounts, made my own inercooler sprayer system, i made my own rear strut bar installed the cat back exhaust, installed the ENTIRE turbo system, built my boost controller and increased the boost, installed all the gauges (boost, wide band, and oil pressure) and yes i painted the turbo on the car...whats so bad about that? i wouldnt have gotten a different result by removing it, i coated every single centimeter of the exhaust housing and didnt get a spec of over spray anywhere so why should have i removed it? and so what if i "cut corners" its better to work smart and not harder....My moto and my sites slogan is build your car down buy, and i was trying to spread that to the automotive community...cars are my life, they are all i think about, when im not in school im at work which is selling car parts, when im not working im working on my car, when im not working on my car im playing FORZA(3,4) when im not playing forza im in bed trying to sleep but i cant stop thinking about new things to do to my car or thinking of ways to engineer parts for my car, and when im not doing that im actually sleeping and dreaming about my car...so cars are my life...i was only trying to help, a fellow member of this board is a great friend of mine and thats how i found out about this board..... my car has made 290 hp and 300 tq at the wheels its my daily driver and has been extremely reliable with 30 mpg, and if you go to my channel there is a video of me hitting 150....so its definitely not half assed at all and the car is done right...im sorry for bugging you guys and i will no longer post on here.

Re: Im Sorry: Good Bye
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:04 PM
Icantreadrunonparagraphsorsentences!

I prefer paragraphs or at least sentences.

Work smart, not hard, yes. But there is a line between cheap as @!#$, and safe... Ill take and save up to get the stuff I want and get it done right... That to me is working smart, not hard. Parts that are engineered and proven performance increases. Not pulling off my sway bar, cutting ends off and welding plates to bolt it to my car.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:22 PM
ok you come and talk to me when you think from the way your going to "do your car right" that your cavalier will be more reliable, look better, be faster, handle better and all around be better and more well done than my car
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:45 PM
Mike Frederick wrote:ok you come and talk to me when you think from the way your going to "do your car right" that your cavalier will be more reliable, look better, be faster, handle better and all around be better and more well done than my car

pick another goal for him to smash since he already smashed ^^^^^^^

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:00 PM
Mike Frederick wrote:ok you come and talk to me when you think from the way your going to "do your car right" that your cavalier will be more reliable, look better, be faster, handle better and all around be better and more well done than my car

Done, professional engineered strut bars. Wilwood big brake kit, built motor, turbocharged, twin disc clutch, STD Standard Coilovers with pillow ball mounts all the way around, lighter wheels, way better tires, oh and on stock timing and a safe tune i made 323/285, looking for 400ish in the spring. car already went 12.6@117 on stock clutch..... next test? No, none of the mods cost me $10.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:01 PM
You're lowering property value here. So...

**IMAGE SNIPPED***

**IMAGE SNIPPED***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:40 PM

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:01 PM

Vince has a very nice build I'd advise you to try again. Do you have a build thread? I'd be interested in seeing your car.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:08 PM
JUCNBST wrote:

Vince has a very nice build I'd advise you to try again. Do you have a build thread? I'd be interested in seeing your car.

I too am interested in a build thread. If you came in here to do more than just advertise, then I am also sure most people would not be on your ass about posting. This is your turn to prove something here Mike Frederick!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:11 PM

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:31 PM
Impressive for a cavalier i must say...but other than 33hp it has nothing else on me.....tell me how a mechanical boost controller you see online is sooo much better than mine, it hasnt failed and has successfully increased my boost... tell me how a strut bar with greddy printed on it is sooooo much better than mine when my bar does not bend or give an braces the two strut towers giving them more stability.... tell me how a $500 intercooler sprayer is sooooo much better than that cost me $35 to make when they both spray water or water/meth onto the intercooler and reduce intake temps by up to 60 degrees.....and tell me how the CO2 sprayer that DEI makes for $500 is soo much better than the one im making for $50 which does the exact same thing producing the same results...tell me how my after market solid metal or poly urethane motor mounts that you can buy for for up to $100 are sooo much better than the ones i made at my brothers machine shop for free when they are made of the same material....thats right they arnt, you just lack ingenuity, creativity, and individuality and just waste your money on extremely over priced stuff that will fit your car when you make the same exact @!#$ yourself, if you were creative or innovative... you also get a sense of accomplishment when you make something yourself or make something work that usually shouldnt work..but you obviously dont enjoy making things yourself or have the skills to make them either....but since you and your car are so bad ass and you think everyone else in this community has as high of budget as you and is willing to waste thousands on a cavalier instead of being unique and creative and making their own things.......ill stop helping out this community
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:46 PM
cool you made some crap for your car i have also made stuff for my car too so you can drop the my parts are the sh!t because im broke and cant afford to buy actual parts

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:48 PM
i dont have a build thread but here are some pics and and vid

the Spec V plate is gone

putting the turbo system on ( i call it a system not a kit because i didnt buy a kit i pieced everything together saving me about $1200 the entire system..from fuel delivery, tuning, turbo and piping cost under $1800 and its all legit name brand @!#$,)

100% stainless exhaust minus turbo..turbo manifold is stainless, then 3 inches down pipe to a 3 inch catback

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:51 PM
im trying to prove the point that that im trying to help you guys out and to make your own @!#$, you making parts for your car is awsome thats what im trying to share with everyone...the original community im from, most of them dont have a high budget, and cant modify their cars because of them, im trying to show people you can on a low budget...im not trying to piss anybody off...im trying to help
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:54 PM
congrats on installing a turbo kit and i would put some side skirts and rear or remove the front lip looks tacky but then again it does match your misaligned hood

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:56 PM
you obviously are ignorant to the reason why the hood is lifted in the rear so ill ignore your comment about the hoot, and as for the side skirts theyre on the way
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:00 PM
Dude get off your horse. Plenty of people here do build some of their own stuff. You have to realize majority of the jbody world can't afford some of the tools or equipment to make their own parts, let alone have the space to do the work. Some people would rather pay for something that is proven over and over so they don't have to worry about things breaking or not working as hoped. Others take time re research parts interchange ability. Look at the NWF threads, hybrid builds, using other gm parts with slight mods for bigger throttle bodies.

Some people that build their own stuff don't share with the rest of the community as well. While I agree it's cool your excited to add to the community but not everything you do/post will be aproved by the community. If the things you do to your car work thats cool, it's not for everyone.

Modding J's is cheap when you compare parts to other platforms some people just steer clear of home depot when they want to mod their cars. Also you might get a little less flack from everyone if you used better sentence structure. Oh and don't use the I'm on my cell excuse because alot of us post via cell.

And I'll also agree that it's crazy for some people to drop huge amounts of cash on name brand stuff but thats what you get for not doing your research prior to just spending money because it says, greddy, dc or whatever. But one thing that always holds true is that you get what you pay for to a cerian extent.

EDIT* I typed this prior to posting pics, and if your main point was to encourage people to make their own stuff thats cool. I've mod'd parts for others and made my own, but why not make a progress thread to document the process so othors can search for the info down the line, not just a short vid. Though I will aplaud that your willing to take the time for a vid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:07 PM

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:04 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Dude get off your horse. Plenty of people here do build some of their own stuff. You have to realize majority of the jbody world can't afford some of the tools or equipment to make their own parts, let alone have the space to do the work. Some people would rather pay for something that is proven over and over so they don't have to worry about things breaking or not working as hoped. Others take time re research parts interchange ability. Look at the NWF threads, hybrid builds, using other gm parts with slight mods for bigger throttle bodies.

Some people that build their own stuff don't share with the rest of the community as well. While I agree it's cool your excited to add to the community but not everything you do/post will be aproved by the community. If the things you do to your car work thats cool, it's not for everyone.

Modding J's is cheap when you compare parts to other platforms some people just steer clear of home depot when they want to mod their cars. Also you might get a little less flack from everyone if you used better sentence structure. Oh and don't use the I'm on my cell excuse because alot of us post via cell.

And I'll also agree that it's crazy for some people to drop huge amounts of cash on name brand stuff but thats what you get for not doing your research prior to just spending money because it says, greddy, dc or whatever. But one thing that always holds true is that you get what you pay for to a cerian extent.[/quote

Im not on a high horse, im defending myself and trying to prove a point....And i realize most people dont have tools to make their own parts, the only tools i own are basic hand tools and a drill....And all i have is a drive way to work in.... im in the same boat as most of car community out there thats why im trying to help..and i realize some people do make their own stuff, and the fact they dont share what they do is why im posting these videos, im sharing what im doing to try to help others and hope to inspire them and make their own stuff....
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:06 PM
the welder that made my strut bar was a friends, and the garage i was in installing the turbo was a friends....just incase that became a questionable point
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:19 PM
JUCNBST wrote:

EDIT* I typed this prior to posting pics, and if your main point was to encourage people to make their own stuff thats cool. I've mod'd parts for others and made my own, but why not make a progress thread to document the process so othors can search for the info down the line, not just a short vid. Though I will aplaud that your willing to take the time for a vid.

My main point and purpose of posting on this forum and creating PoorManMods was to encourage people to make their own stuff, and i havnt made a progress thread because videos are easier to follow and makes it to where you are reading so damn much like on this thread haha, and i dont do it just on my car and i cant post progress threads on youtube :p.....

But i appreciate and thank you for understanding my point, and applauding me on taking the time to make vids
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:21 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Dude get off your horse. Plenty of people here do build some of their own stuff. You have to realize majority of the jbody world can't afford some of the tools or equipment to make their own parts, let alone have the space to do the work. Some people would rather pay for something that is proven over and over so they don't have to worry about things breaking or not working as hoped. Others take time re research parts interchange ability. Look at the NWF threads, hybrid builds, using other gm parts with slight mods for bigger throttle bodies.

And I'll also agree that it's crazy for some people to drop huge amounts of cash on name brand stuff but thats what you get for not doing your research prior to just spending money because it says, greddy, dc or whatever. But one thing that always holds true is that you get what you pay for to a cerian extent.

completely agree with that ^^^^^

Nobody is saying you turbo-ed your qr25de wrong. It looks wonderfully done. <--- See... I am not an asshole all the time. lol. I respect you for coming back in here and posting some stuff of your ride.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:27 PM
Mike Frederick wrote:Impressive for a cavalier i must say...but other than 33hp it has nothing else on me.....tell me how a mechanical boost controller you see online is sooo much better than mine, it hasnt failed and has successfully increased my boost...

Mine is more accurate, I can adjust boost on the fly while driving down the road to within 1/4 of a lb.

Mike Frederick wrote:
tell me how a strut bar with greddy printed on it is sooooo much better than mine when my bar does not bend or give an braces the two strut towers giving them more stability....

I have a bar specifically designed for my car, no shotty flux cored welds. No spray paint. No hacked together pieces to make it appear that the car has a sturdy bar on it.

Mike Frederick wrote:tell me how a $500 intercooler sprayer is sooooo much better than that cost me $35 to make when they both spray water or water/meth onto the intercooler and reduce intake temps by up to 60 degrees.....and tell me how the CO2 sprayer that DEI makes for $500 is soo much better than the one im making for $50 which does the exact same thing producing the same results...

dont have a meth kit or intercooler sprayer on my car.... dont need it. Since my system is so efficient, its not necessary to put a kit of those sorts on. Not to mention DEI's comes with a warranty, support, and various other benefits.

Mike Frederick wrote:
tell me how my after market solid metal or poly urethane motor mounts that you can buy for for up to $100 are sooo much better than the ones i made at my brothers machine shop for free when they are made of the same material....

Because they are not cheap hacked together pieces. Those pieces you made "for free" cost someone at some point, you are just reaping off their left overs. My motor mounts were designed and fabricated for my car for a specific purpose.

Mike Frederick wrote:
thats right they arnt, you just lack ingenuity, creativity, and individuality and just waste your money on extremely over priced stuff that will fit your car when you make the same exact @!#$ yourself, if you were creative or innovative... you also get a sense of accomplishment when you make something yourself or make something work that usually shouldnt work..but you obviously dont enjoy making things yourself or have the skills to make them either....

I just know my limits. Could I have welded my turbo kit up, you bet. Did i want to fight leaking pipes or hacked looking work? not a chance in hell. I can tig weld, im no pro at it. At the same time, i dont want to be chasing down a boost leak or a pin hole leak or welds that look like they were plastered on with a flux core welder. I will gladly pay someone to do the same work I did but make it look 10x better so I dont have to fix it time and time again or pay to have it fixed after the fact that its so screwed up.

Mike Frederick wrote:
but since you and your car are so bad ass and you think everyone else in this community has as high of budget as you and is willing to waste thousands on a cavalier instead of being unique and creative and making their own things.......ill stop helping out this community

yes, my car is bad ass. I truly believe that, its my car. My hand is definitely not the only one in it, but it is my almighty dollar thats been spent on it. Ive busted my ass for every dollar put into this car. No help from anyone else.

Im not wasting money when I KNOW FOR A FACT im getting quality. Myself, like several others spent $2,000 on coilovers. why? by your logic we could have found some springs from a ford pinto, heated them compressed them and wired them in the car because they fit. NOPE, I bought them because they have an excellent track record in the suspension world, engineered parts for race purposes, and are well worth the dollar.

you are right, I did make 33hp more than you... EFFICIENTLY. Once again, stock timing, large exhaust leak at the manifold, only 16psi on the old setup... Spring brings way more power, way more effiecient, and more boost.

Ill address your "ignorant hood comment".... do you see pro drag racers with the gay hood mod done? no, i dont either.... do you see road course racers with the gay hood mod done? again, i dont either... do you see any car in the rolex 24 with the gay hood mod done? another negative... sure it may get a little air out of the bay but thats about it... your car has fans and a thermostat for a reason, they do their job when the engine bay is in tact like its designed. Your mod to your hood looks terrible, performance from it is not even recordable on any scale what so ever(not even your butt dyno). Its an ugly tacky "mod" people are tricked into thinking it works.

Onto your setup..... FIRST thing i notice, you HEAT wrapped the pipe your blow off valve is attached to, lets think about this. you want cooler air going into your throttle body....now if there is heat wrap covering the pipe that leads to your tb, the air moving through the bay cannot hit the pipe to help with additional cooling.... so thats a step backward.

worm drive clamps, pain in the ass, glad you got clamps on that stuff. Those do the job but obviously there is better out there.

Loving the 2 bolt clamp exhaust, Ill prefer the v-band on all my exhaust. Why? because its a better seal, no gaskets to go bad, easy to assemble and disassemble.

looks like you atleast splurged on one AEM gauge.... dare I ask what the others are?

why does the strut tower bar in those pics not look like your hacked together piece you made in the video, looks bought to me... which leads to your upper dampener.... doesnt look like you made that one... ebay even tells me its a $186 piece....

last, your video, that shows your car getting to 150, wooooo, im sure that makes you awesome.......... or stupid, ill probably take a vote later and go with the latter. Been there, done that, car did it no problem at the event I was at.

I could go into pics of my car, but I have them posted on here already... I prefer clean over hacked any day of the week. As for cavalier people, yes, we are cheap as hell. but where there are 100 cheap asses, there is 1 person who is actually got a bad ass build or building one. Or some of us who will pay for quality work or parts, only because we dont want to deal with the issues of @!#$ breaking or falling off the car.

feel free to bring more at me, im at work til 5 am.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:34 PM
@ FreeLancer..thank you for saying its wonderfully done, and i appreciate you respecting me for posting my ride....however i will still stick to what i said earlier and i wont post in J-Bodies any more (other than this good bye thread)...if anyone is still interested in what im doing with Poor Man Mods you are more than welcome to subscribe to my youtube channel, like the PoorManMods facebook page or just check out the website every once in a while.....

@ J-Bodies Community-Im not one for making enemies, anyone who is atleast 1/10 interested in cars as me is a potential best friend....that being said....good luck with all of your rides, build them well, treat them even better, and have fun with everything that you do with it, thats what its all about....the only regrets you should have are the things you regret doing, dont take the change to regret something you never did.....

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:46 PM
@ BuiltNBoosted - No im not going to bring more back at you, i could bring a ton, but im not going to because whether im right or your right is it really going to change anything? no i have no idea who you are i have never met you i probably never will, whether you like or hate me or what i do will not affect my life the least bit. There is no point in arguing or competing with you, i came here to try to help your community and not necessarily you because you dont seem to need it but im sure there is atleast 1 person on this community that was either helped, inspired or interested by what i wishes to share with you all.... I am trying to leave on at least a half decent note, so i wish you and your ride the best of luck.....Any chance youll be at Carisle Performance and Style this coming year? You should show your car (none threatening or intimidating manor)
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:34 AM
A few years ago did you happen come across a "slammed" black 03 Cavalier and a tan 05ish RSX Type S on the way to Carlisle P&S(it would have been on I-81)?

Error: Sig not found.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:37 AM
I like your car Mike Frederick, props on modding your way, and my hats off to your ingenuity. Don't worry about BuiltNBoosted, he likes to bug people about how they do things, that's his way of doing forum responses, haha, you can't fault him though, he goes for quality, professional work before anything, that's his thinking and it shows that it works, hes got one badass ride to show for it.

Though I have to say, the J community is an old school poor man ride community. It took many years of lots and lots of people hacking @!#$ together and cheaping out because we had no aftermarket or suppliers for parts, but during that process a few of the J guys got real good at engineering stuff, or making stuff more professional in looks and quality, and the aftermarket slowly is trying to catch up to us.

We are no stranger to a limited budget and resources here, we just don't want the newb's coming in thinking they have to do everything half assed. Their is pride in knowing you did it yourself for less, but there is also pride in knowing you did it with quality and precise engineering, and we want new people to the J world to see the advantage of doing it right the first time, before the very little advantage of doing it over and over again later.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:27 AM
You know what @!#$ it, do what ever the @!#$ you want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:30 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search