Im Sorry: Good Bye - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Im Sorry: Good Bye
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:17 AM

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:39 AM
This is a J BODY FORUM.
Not a Nissan Forum. Now GTFO with your half-assed mods.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:49 AM
One issue is. That rear strut bar isnt doing anything. It just bends because it super weak in the the direction that the forces are applied. Now had you been an engineer or even had one on you poor ass team, like the professionals do, then you wouldnt have done it this way. It would only have been and extra 20 bucks to grab a piece of tube steel the right size, flatten the ends and weld that straight across the towers.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:35 AM
my strut bar vs a "professionally engineered strut bar made for my car"
Mine

Greddys

mounts to the same exact location
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:40 AM
Where's your cavalier...?

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:34 AM
GTFO with your Sentra, who gives a flying @!#$. My HomoHotRod made gobs more power with bolt-on parts and a tune, nothing custom necessary, and I still see 30mpg. Oh and I've competitively raced it, aka not did 150mph on the street for a silly video.

Someone ban this asshole.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:38 AM
Mike Frederick wrote:my strut bar vs a "professionally engineered strut bar made for my car"
Mine

Greddys

mounts to the same exact location

easy to spot the difference. Yours is built out of a sway bar which by default is meant to actually be a spring steel to twist and turn ever so slightly as to help distribute the twisting motion that the suspension of a car goes through also your has built in pivot points. ever place that your bar is bent actually weakens the structural quality of it. Notice Greddy's is a straight steel bar. so it will actually not bend or twist theirs will actually help distribute the force from one side of the car to the other. your spring steel sway part will lose the force at each one of the bends. if it actually does allow the forces to go from one side of the car to the other it will not be the amount that the greddy bar would have.

also and this is coming from professional designer stand point. yours looks like @!#$. the welds are a joke, the color is clashes with the rest of your trunk and the bends do not follow the flow of the body lines through the trunk.

Thursday, January 12, 2012 12:25 AM
I'm just gonna leave this here....

Side-by-side comparison
BTW I already hit 120 and was backing off while you were still climbing.

Also, ghetto-welded spring steel for a rear sway bar serves no useful purpose. As someone above said, it's spring steel and designed to twist. I guess I can't bitch too much because at least it isnt unsafe.... I'll still keep my "professionally engineered strut bar made for my car" and know that it actually functions properly.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, January 12, 2012 12:37 AM
Mike Frederick wrote:my car has made 290 hp and 300 tq at the wheels its my daily driver

Pix/Vids??? Dyno Sheets??? Who tuned it, and with what program??? Specs on your engine build???

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, January 12, 2012 5:23 AM

Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:20 AM
lol $2 stubby antenna.

"Plastic dip, it's like $10 a can."

Wait... what? That's a $12 stubby antenna...

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:06 AM
Okay so the kid is a complete faggot. I know. But he's also one of my good friends just trying to help people out because he loves cars. I drive a pretty much stock '02 Cavalier LS Sport and I'm having him come over to help me do an HID install for another episode of Poor Man Mods. Now don't go hating me too, I'm trying to be neutral in this situation.
Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:10 AM
Neutral? You just called him a faggot and then said hes your good friend lol? Also who gives a $%# what anyone thinks? If he's your good friend that honor that and dont call the kid names behind his back.. Thats just not cool imho.

Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:17 AM
Haha i meant that in a jokingly way. He is one of my good friends and I'm defending him. Yes i agree he prob doesn't belong on a j-body forum with a nissan but he helps me with everything i do to my car. lol the guys on here are just on there periods alot.
Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:44 AM
Thats good to hear man! Tell Mike to check out allsentra.com. The guys on the forum would love the fact that he is working on a B15 spec V. That is definetly where he should be posting info on his Nissan..

Friday, January 13, 2012 6:19 AM
Brad Wilson wrote:Haha i meant that in a jokingly way. He is one of my good friends and I'm defending him. Yes i agree he prob doesn't belong on a j-body forum with a nissan but he helps me with everything i do to my car. lol the guys on here are just on there periods alot.

no, we generally just hate hacks.

Friday, January 13, 2012 9:41 AM
I wouldnt go as far as to call it a "hack" he's just trying to promote his how-to website with universal tips.
Friday, January 13, 2012 12:05 PM
Spike J wrote:

Or you could simple cut your factory antenna for even cheaper. I just bought one for like $10 if I remember correctly lol

Friday, January 13, 2012 1:29 PM
Mike Frederick wrote:my strut bar vs a "professionally engineered strut bar made for my car"
Mine

Nice booger welds.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Friday, January 13, 2012 3:30 PM
Congrats youre officially the target for bored J-Body owners to swing their edongs at.

Friday, January 13, 2012 7:11 PM
...is this real life?

Saturday, January 14, 2012 12:22 AM
Hilarious...what do show judges say about those mods? Do you hear people talkin mad ish about your car at shows or cruising?

That would be a great car for wackestwhips.com

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Saturday, January 14, 2012 4:50 AM
Umm.....

Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:29 PM
Mike that looks disgustingly real lol fits though.
Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:59 PM
What the....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search