How reliable is a 2.4 "Quad 4"? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How reliable is a 2.4
Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:40 PM
Leafy wrote:well the 2.2 in 95+ cars is the ln2.
Correction

the 2.2 in mid year 1990+ Cars is the LN2.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:49 PM
ive had what seems to b electrical problems with mine since i bought it but i still wouldnt b worried to take it on a long road trip i rebuilt the motor at 137k because of a spun bearing but that was all my doing cant blame it on the motor
Thursday, March 08, 2012 10:38 AM
just hit 150,000 miles org trans and motor

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 1:26 PM
ive never had an issue with mine 2000 Z
Wednesday, March 28, 2012 2:47 PM
Had my 97, drove it for two months and it developed a knock (still drove home 3 hours straight at 3000rpm and she made it) second engine lasted me a whole year of beating the living hell out of it bt i did maintain all fluids...now on the third engine cause i sold the car and the next owner blew it up before i bought it back
Saturday, March 31, 2012 12:59 PM
Still original Trans and motor on my LD9 and Isuzu. I'm the fourth owner and probably the 9th person to learn to drive stick on it.

The car was pretty abused by the previous owner who traded it to me for a spare laptop I had (it wasn't running right and mechanics were quoting him $1200 to fix). But the motor still runs strong every day, every non-car who gets in passenger is amazed by how smooth and "fast" (I think the car's a slug) it is. Like another poster says it sees redline everyday.

It became my DD about 7 months ago which I've put 23k mi's on (155 and counting now!)

The engine itself is spot on perfect, doesn't even vibrate while idling. The trans was not perfect but it works, and since I've put RP w/Syncromesh in it shifts nearly perfectly, even the spotty 3rd gear which was always a problem for me is almost perfect.

What originally was a car intended for me to learn to drive standard has become a really fun little car to drive. It still has a few problems but they don't pertain to the engine itself.

I actually like it so much...that I ended up getting a second LD9 and Isuzu from an 80k garage queen last week:

Haven't really decided it yet. Asking around for some ideas at the moment.

As for the original question is it reliable? I'd say hell yes.

My gf also has a Jbody with the LN2 and like someone says it's boring, has a gasket leak and
Wednesday, April 04, 2012 7:39 PM
First post.... long time reader had to chime in.. I have a 97 z24 with 280,567 miles. bought brand new in june 1997. had water pump when under warranty(28k) and the typical belts, hoses, brakes, tune-up. A/T trans finally started slipping at 270,000. still origional motor...Yeah the motor has a few small oil leaks but with care these things last forever it seems...and I don't baby it.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:04 PM
welcome....
well 98 2.2..96k-headgasket-then 5k later main bearings went
95 2.3L 152k headgasket
98 2.4 160k-still running
02 2.2 200k, but too many issues to list
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search