Just gotta vent! - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Just gotta vent!
Monday, February 13, 2012 5:37 AM
zrods wrote:How's this to ad a little spice! I'm in the process of building a rear wheel drive jbody..! Now as silly as it sounds to most, I believe that it's the way that gm should have made the cavalier.. All rants aside, I am actually working on this. Only thing I don't have is a super clean 2door 3rd gen. That's what I want to build it into. It's a major project, but I have the shop at home and the bit of brains it will take. Up in the air is what I'm doing for a rear end.. And I've come to the conclusion and the fact that rear independent is the way to go, means more work however, I am fortunate to have a best friend with a vast parts collection..! The drive train will be a 5.3 chevy vortec from 99-2002. 5spd transmission custom drive shaft. Etc front end will be a heavy mod including mid to late 80's Camaro parts.. Custom fire wall brake booster relocation, custom tunnel. Chassis will include some modding and tube framing aswell. My thought is what are people gonna do when a cavalier is drifting sideways past a 240sx. Hate it or love it, it will enter it's own category. Cheers!

Sunday, February 19, 2012 5:57 PM
Sunday, February 19, 2012 6:39 PM
I think about this all the time when I come on here...lots of the best members with the most jaw-dropping cars have definitely moved on. We've bought houses, gotten married, started families and work our fingers to the bone. We take comfort in our daily drivers and all their ammenities, and are perfectly content.

My wife and I have done most of the above, but unlike our friends, still enjoy our summer cars. My Sunfire, of course, and her mint GTP that I bought for her back in 2009. We're lucky enough to have (2) awesome daily drivers, so we keep our "fun cars" for just that. They're nice to have in that they allow us to hit a car show or cruise-in if we want, or just go for a drive and get our horsepower fix, when needed; maybe turn a couple heads along the way.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:32 PM
In response to what I have read so far:

Fast cars are pointless since the majority of them are DD's and with the gas going up its a waste of money along with monthly car payments and to fix problems that can and will occur.

The extreme custom looks days arent pretty much over, Seamless it seems like you must stand up for the Jbody community in the show car scene.

A cleanly kitted $1500 paid off car at 80,000 miles with no tacky bumpers/side skirts mixed with the basic exhaust/header/intake/tune seem to be a good bet for me. Thats just my take on things. Who needs to go super fast on public streets-There's cops, traffic, kids in vehicles and speed limits anyways. (unless you build your car strictly for the track its a different story) Everyone is different so I dont think we can say whats in and whats not. People have their own road of the direction they take their car in.

Monday, February 20, 2012 11:49 AM
I think I last drove my car in October and that was to get a car wash before it sat in the garage until I drive it next.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search