j-body catalog - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
j-body catalog
Monday, January 30, 2012 11:57 PM
Do they make any catalogs for j-bodys you can page threw and shop?

Re: j-body catalog
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:26 AM
yup.. its called jbody.org lol. window shop here. then hit up ebay or the classified here, craigslist, or the forums vendors.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:10 AM
they should get the shops that have specialty parts for jbodys or even some of the regular aftermarket parts to advertice in the store section of the website,all jbody parts all the time

Modding my j since I found the org
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:03 AM
rk sport does... or well, used to anyway. they might have a small section for j's still.... they have discontinued a lot of things over the years. its sad, really.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:22 PM
Davila That would be a sweet idea to take all the parts you can buy for your j-body and get a catalog and order what ever you need from anything. Like what they have on the websites put them in a catalog for easy to see. Just like catalogs you see for jegs or summit racing.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:26 PM
We used to have a Jbody.org magazine. I remember when Matt Teske wrote the articale on my Z back then. Good times! We also had a Jbody calendar. I still both as collectors items lol

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:53 PM
something along those lines i was actually thinking of the companys putting a link from their sites that are jbody specific, hey free advertising for them and we can find all the parts in one place, win win situation

Modding my j since I found the org
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 3:51 PM
The J-body catalog would be like 4 pages long. Theres not a ton of new production stuff for J's anymore. A lot of it either second-hand parts or made by members for GPs. The rest of it can probably be found on Car Customs or TTR.

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 9:39 AM
jbody platform has been dead for 6 years. so at most people are playing "weekend at bernies". No company in their right mind unless they have a dedicated following like OEM, Car Customs, and TTR would really send the money to make a catalogue for a non production econobox. Its a waste, an unnecessary expense, just to please the select few on this forum. Hell this forum is even dieing slowly with member participation dropping off. Given 2 years from now this place could very well be a ghost town.

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 1:24 PM
Yea it could but you see all these other cars on tv make them over. Like on hot rod tv and horsepower and trucks and gearz working over old cars. I have never seen a j-body or maybe i missed it. That's what people are driving now are j's. Are there other car body.org websites other then this one? When was this website made? and it lasted this long
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:12 PM
people aren't driving Jbody's only that is the thing. You would like to see a company spend valuable resources of time and money to prolong a car part for a car that was manufactured with inferior steel and cheap plastics to make a vehicle for the masses. you see Hot Rod tv doing those projects becasue down the line there have been less and less of those particular vehicles that can give them a value. the jbody was never meant to be that type of vehicle it was markets as a first car for most. an affordable means of transportation.

and to answer your question. yes, there are a @!#$ ton of other forums dedicated to other vehicle models. don't think we are inherently special because dave decided to take an email chain and make a forum out of it. many have done this. dave just rules this place with an iron fist and works dang hard to make it more user friendly than others. this site was made during the production years of the cavalier. we don't know how long it will last now that they are not in production. hell some of the smaller jbody related forums are now just a thing of memories for us.

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 4:33 PM
Pimp My Ride, Season 5, Episode 15. Only thing I have seen on TV with a J-body in it, lol.

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 4:59 PM
Freelancer1988 wrote:Pimp My Ride, Season 5, Episode 15. Only thing I have seen on TV with a J-body in it, lol.

There were actually 2 Js on Pimp My Ride... a 2000-2002 Cavalier Sedan and a 1990-1994 Sunbird Convertbile .

Thursday, February 02, 2012 4:04 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:
Freelancer1988 wrote:Pimp My Ride, Season 5, Episode 15. Only thing I have seen on TV with a J-body in it, lol.

There were actually 2 Js on Pimp My Ride... a 2000-2002 Cavalier Sedan and a 1990-1994 Sunbird Convertbile .

I had no idea. Neat.

Saturday, February 04, 2012 3:10 PM
Adam wrote:Yea it could but you see all these other cars on tv make them over. Like on hot rod tv and horsepower and trucks and gearz working over old cars. I have never seen a j-body or maybe i missed it. That's what people are driving now are j's. Are there other car body.org websites other then this one? When was this website made? and it lasted this long
The GM Enthusiast Network currently runs two platform specific sites. J-body.org and GMDelta.com ... There are plans to start Aveo/Sonic platform forum, but that hasn't left the ground yet. IMO, we should focus there (as well as promoting GMDelta for the Cruize) as Dave has already laid the groundwork for a global integrated network between all the forums (if you notice that as of right now, OT/AG, etc are all accessible on all GME sites.

To answer your question. J-body.org was established in 1998.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, February 04, 2012 3:10 PM

Saturday, February 04, 2012 3:40 PM
why have a gm forum dedicated to the daewoo aveo? ...@!#$ that'd be as bad as a gm dedicated site for the toyota vibe.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Saturday, February 04, 2012 6:26 PM
Think about it... to keep the network growing, we'd need to focus on current GM models. The problem is that GM has cut 95% of their "tuner" cars. 15 years ago, if you wanted a GM Car that you could build, you could pick from almost all of Pontiac's lineup, a handful of oldsmobiles, and a handful of Chevrolets. Now you have the Sonic (the subcompact), the Cruise (though its not a sporty sport compact like the cobalt/cavalier), or the Camaro... Unless you want to fork some money over for a Vette or Cadillac. The Sonic, is very similar to the Aveo...

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 4:13 PM
Hell, my Cavi is 27 years old and I am still here...

Friday, February 10, 2012 2:22 PM
www.TurboTechRacing.com there is a catalog, online

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Friday, February 10, 2012 4:10 PM
none that ships to your house
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:20 PM
beechwood297 wrote:Hell, my Cavi is 27 years old and I am still here...

Holy crap!!!!!!
That's older than alot of the people on this site. (Not me)
Keep her going, that's my favorite body of the bunch.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:54 AM
Jon Myrick wrote:
beechwood297 wrote:Hell, my Cavi is 27 years old and I am still here...

Holy crap!!!!!!
That's older than alot of the people on this site. (Not me)
Keep her going, that's my favorite body of the bunch.

It has 88,000 miles and no rust. Never drive in snow, been in the family since 1986. The 2.8 gave up and She is getting a 3500 LX9 put in by spring :-)

Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:35 PM
does GM make a tuner magazine like Honda/Nissan does? Like you can find 'tuner' magazines at magazine racks, and I have Hot Rod which is great for V8 fans like myself. But theres nothing for me to go read with articles about 4banger tuning thats anything related to my GM product. I love reading about all the Camaro/mustang/hot rods and what custom builds people have done. They rarely talk about the newer vehicles too, usually LS1 related or SB 350's in old muslce cars.

in the near future, 'tuner' magazines will be about electric and hybrid builds hitting 500hp, not bored out turbo'd 4 bangers pushing 800whp. The best part about our cars is they cost nothing, cost little to mod compared to a V8 community, and mod's go further because power to weight is gained easier on ours than a 4k lb car.

Was it just hard to keep the magazine and calendar active? The calendar is a great idea...have a 'jbody of the month' and post it on the calendar. then at the end of the year sell the previous years 12 top cars for like $10-20 shipped. Id sport one in my garage or something. There are some nice cars here.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:27 PM
blu04DD wrote:does GM make a tuner magazine like Honda/Nissan does? Like you can find 'tuner' magazines at magazine racks, and I have Hot Rod which is great for V8 fans like myself. But theres nothing for me to go read with articles about 4banger tuning thats anything related to my GM product. I love reading about all the Camaro/mustang/hot rods and what custom builds people have done. They rarely talk about the newer vehicles too, usually LS1 related or SB 350's in old muslce cars.

in the near future, 'tuner' magazines will be about electric and hybrid builds hitting 500hp, not bored out turbo'd 4 bangers pushing 800whp. The best part about our cars is they cost nothing, cost little to mod compared to a V8 community, and mod's go further because power to weight is gained easier on ours than a 4k lb car.

Was it just hard to keep the magazine and calendar active? The calendar is a great idea...have a 'jbody of the month' and post it on the calendar. then at the end of the year sell the previous years 12 top cars for like $10-20 shipped. Id sport one in my garage or something. There are some nice cars here.

This year was the first year in awhile where the calendar didn't happen (I did it for the last 3 or so years). 3 contributing factors for it not happening. 1) I sold only like 20 last year. 2) There wasn't much interest shown in one when I put up the submissions thread. 3) Busy times in my life between work and family. So I didn't bother pursuing it this year. A couple years ago I was making calendars for a few online communities. Last year was just here and my old car club. This year I didn't make a single one.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search