car I am thinking of buying. - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
car I am thinking of buying.
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:02 AM
Teh vehicle runs....there is electrical propblems... so basically none of my gagues work and the battery dies if you start and stop the vehicle to many times in a day, so i was disconnecting the battery evrytime i parked it. I also have a switch that turns my cooling fan off and on.

The vehicle is a 2.4 GT

I am looking around $900 for the whole vehicle and this is negotable.

the seller tells me this is whats wrong with it. I have drove by it to see what it looks like and the body is in great shape. What would be some things to look for when looking under the hood as I know the 2.4`s are known for their head gasket problems. as for the electrical stuff I am pretty sure it is the alternator and it need a new set of gauges!

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?

Re: car I am thinking of buying.
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 10:17 AM
2.4s are known for headgasket problems? I thought it was rod number 3, a craptastic oil pump design, and teenagers beating the crap out of them...

Buy it for $750

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 10:41 AM
Twenty4z wrote:2.4s are known for headgasket problems? I thought it was rod number 3, a craptastic oil pump design, and teenagers beating the crap out of them...

Buy it for $750

Thats what happened to mine.....twice. Spun rod bearing #3

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 10:33 PM
ok, the headgasket this is something i heard from my dad who talked to someone that obviously dealt with to many cars that were improperly treated....

do you guys think I am right about the electrical stuff?

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Thursday, June 07, 2012 1:43 AM
Culinary Graffiti wrote:ok, the headgasket this is something i heard from my dad who talked to someone that obviously dealt with to many cars that were improperly treated....

do you guys think I am right about the electrical stuff?

You are in the right area for the electrical stuff, but I would go over the fan switch wiring and check to see if anything else may of been cut or taped up as well.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:45 PM
I bought my 99 gt for $800 in good running condition at 215k highway miles. How many miles are on that one?

99 Sunfire GT
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 2:09 PM
apparently 160,000

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search