Some of your favorite moments/memories.... - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Some of your favorite moments/memories....
Friday, August 03, 2012 9:02 PM
This site may have changed, our cars may be the next Ford tempo (and gone nearly a decade now), but many of us are still here, if nothing else, for the fun of it..BUT, just think of all the

-Epic build threads

-Drama like only the org can do

-wild times at the bashes and meets

-and of course much more than I can say here

Share your favorite stuff......helps us remember what we can do, and remind us of what we did, and what we might just have in store...

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg

Re: Some of your favorite moments/memories....
Friday, August 03, 2012 11:19 PM
I especially love all the innovative and epic build threads. Turning bottom of the chain basic economic 4 cylinder cars into excellent handling, 300+ horsepower beasts with 4 wheel discs, independent rear suspension, and unheard of engine swaps never ceases to amaze me.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Saturday, August 04, 2012 5:38 AM
As Roofy said the innovation never ceases to amaze me. Just when you think you've seen it all someone out there goes "i wonder if i can do this?" and turns around and does it. Our cars are not looked to in high regard by the aftermarket and it's because of this that I love them. We for the most part have to figure it out ourselves and then turn around and share that knowledge with the group and we've all grown as a community that way.

And to the entertainment that only the ORG can offer from the newb questions to the trolls that we crush I have seen some truly funny things here and it has made my day on more then one occasion.

And most importantly the people, I have made same great friends thru here and have seen some good ones go. And the thing I like the most is when I moved from Arizona to Virginia the ORG is still there and I was able to meet even more people because of it. And no matter where my career will take me next I know I can come here and find a few J enthusiasts near by that turn out to be pretty good people. To the ORG I say thank you I may not have been here as long as some but you have affected my life in a positive way making some good memories along the way.

I plan to stay here for many years to come. It's unique and I love this place. There's just way to much good stuff to list in one post.
Saturday, August 04, 2012 9:09 AM
Although I haven't been around for a long time, I really like how tight of a group it is. Most of you guys know each other personally so it's on a whole different level. When I go on 240sxforums and try to get info I get flamed by immature people telling to me sell my car and move on, it's annoying.

The fact that guys are making hybrid engines, machining brackets to take rear brakes off of completely different cars and making it work, Saab turbo swaps? For real, it's crazy. Most other platforms just look at the aftermarket and deal with it.

It's going to be really funny, 20-30 years from now when a handful of us still have these cars. They may not be high end, muscle, or rare at all... but when it's 2030 and you drive your 2001 Cavalier to a car show, it's going to turn some heads.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Saturday, August 04, 2012 12:44 PM
GAM

oooh and Alexis

People who had Premium memberships and frequented AG a few years back would understand...

(tabs) wrote:
cannon fodder wrote:
GAM: 32003 (that we know of)

thats also the number of illegitimate children GAM has had with big tittied women

--------------------

I think the JBO Douche Bag of the year contest we ran for a couple years was fun... So was Erod's hotbodies contests...

I've also enjoyed the ups and downs we've had with GME Chat, and GME Radio (I sware i'm working to revive this)

--------------------

I have lots of memories of this community over the past almost 10 years...

EDIT: For those of you who are premium now... my annual post count thread is back -- http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=anythinggoes&i=270251&t=270251 -- Every year since 2008 I've been creating a yearly thread that shows everyone's post standings... If you want to know what your post count is, go there!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Saturday, August 04, 2012 3:42 PM

Sunday, August 05, 2012 1:45 PM
-Selfishly, the Ecotec battle between myself, HRC and Yasmin for best quarter mile times.
-All the cool swaps people have done
-All the great times at bashes
-Pissing of soooooooooooo many people because it was so easy to do LOL

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, August 05, 2012 9:10 PM
Hotbodies....Remember those..

How much people hated the 03+ restyle....

The just nutty race stories.. (like I raced a bmw or something like that...)

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Sunday, August 05, 2012 11:17 PM
Some of my favorite memories with JBO folk are the ones that i barely remember at all.

Monday, August 06, 2012 5:28 AM
Joel G Valaderes

Monday, August 06, 2012 3:02 PM
My best JBO memories came from meets... notably the Bashes that I drove across the country for... 01, 03, 04, 05. And the Monteray Bay CA pre-bash meet in 02. Good stuff. And the ol' days of JBO chat.

Locally.. meets, racing, etc. Garage meets, when we get just about done and run out of something... swaps, where nothing goes right... or just getting distracted by beer.

All things that I no longer have the time for
Monday, August 06, 2012 7:00 PM
J03Y wrote:Joel G Valaderes
^this

Monday, August 06, 2012 8:00 PM
I enjoyed the chat room battles and so many people actually went to chat daily.Can't recall on the roll call of names but lurch,skip,do come to mind.I know the fav comment was stfu ALOT or biatch.Chat is a ghost town today and do check in from time to time to see if anyone is in the echo dome of no noise.And was daddyz one it comes to thought who ran a bar or something along those lines.Things have changed but I still own my 85 for the last 14yrs which was my sisters car since 90.

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 7:44 PM
Best Bash Memory....getting humped by Lenko at the top of the St Louis arch LOL

2nd best...Lenko's cowboy hat flying off on the interstate and getting caught perfectly in someones aftermarket front bumper. Had it been an OEM bumper, that hat was going who knows where LOL.

3rd...Karo handing me something, Goldschloger maybe, and telling me "Drink this NOW."

Friday, August 10, 2012 9:59 AM
John Lenko wrote:My best JBO memories came from meets... notably the Bashes that I drove across the country for... 01, 03, 04, 05. And the Monteray Bay CA pre-bash meet in 02. Good stuff. And the ol' days of JBO chat.

Locally.. meets, racing, etc. Garage meets, when we get just about done and run out of something... swaps, where nothing goes right... or just getting distracted by beer.

All things that I no longer have the time for

are you the guy that had the convertible that was set on fire in a parking garage? i havent been on here for quite a few years until recently, and i swear i was just thinking "i wonder if the guy with the convertible is still around"
that was horrible though, glad to see youre still around.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 7:39 PM
Meeting Lenko at the Bash in 04.

Watching the GM drag cars run at the bash.

Watching Karo run the sunfire at the Bash.

Just being at the host hotel and seeing all the J's in the parking lot. Just a crazy feeling.

Meeting Cookie at the 02 Bash.

I'm sure I will come up with more.

FU Tuning

Sunday, August 12, 2012 11:48 AM
steve urkel wrote:are you the guy that had the convertible that was set on fire in a parking garage? i havent been on here for quite a few years until recently, and i swear i was just thinking "i wonder if the guy with the convertible is still around"
that was horrible though, glad to see youre still around.

I'm the guy, but that wasn't the 'vert... it was my first Cav coupe that was torched. My white 'vert replaced that car, then the red 'vert replaced it after I got t-boned.
Sunday, August 12, 2012 1:05 PM
probably seeing brandon fetter's car in person was one of my all time favorite j-body memories as far as the cars go. up until then i hadnt seen one that was done 100% perfectly with zero flaws like it had literally just came from a freaking hot rod shop with 100K dumped into it.

other than that probably partying with jay van/jbom at the 08 bash and chugging a bottle of vodka AFTER we went to bed and a bunch of people broke the door down saying nuh uh no bed. ROFL i barely remember that night

still wish someone could provide that picture of me completely sloshed that i cant seem to find!

then the next day taping up both of wade's front end's with mike, david and crew sitting around talking. and of course the foot races at the bash and when rodimus turned phil's speed limiter down to like 20 mph hahaha we all laughed hard at that one.

but as far as internet memories go, probably just seeing all the cars transform into works of art around here is my favorite. as my favorite memory by far is when we all got banned because schulte showed us how to bypass the langauge filter hahaha that was a frickin riot!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, August 12, 2012 1:06 PM

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Sunday, August 12, 2012 6:21 PM
'02 bash...the all night marathon replacing the head gasket on Cookie's car.

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:45 PM
The 06? bash when Clyde ran around the whole hotel with the bud light box on his head. I got a rid in SpeedRacerZ aswell.
That was alos the year of that ridiculous storm that damaged several cars.
Watching Ravens build up was another one of my favorites. And who can forget Fetters masterpiece?

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:06 PM
^^^ The 07 Bash was when DTP brought the Tsunami along with him.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:21 PM
I don't even know half of you people.

I only remember passing out in a random bathroom in 05 and yella02 (saint's (RIP) old girl) actually picking me up off the floor, and then somehow I ended up on NJHK's dashboard and told him his radio was cool colors.

And getting lost with droptoppaul and about 20 other people trying to find whatever restaurant we were looking for, showing up an hour late and Lenko (I think) yelling at us.

There was probably much more, but I forgot it all.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:31 PM
Anyone remember the fireworks at the Indy bash and the kick ass cop that showed up? LOL

Friday, August 17, 2012 7:36 PM
going up to Watkins Glenn after being told that we would get some track time only to find out that whoever supposedly set up the meet never talked to the track... therefore having a mini-meet at the gates of the track.

2010 bash was pretty good as well as I finally made it to a bash.

Friday, August 17, 2012 10:16 PM
strat81 wrote:going up to Watkins Glenn after being told that we would get some track time only to find out that whoever supposedly set up the meet never talked to the track... therefore having a mini-meet at the gates of the track.

2010 bash was pretty good as well as I finally made it to a bash.
yeahhh weren't you supposed to stay at the girls house too??? I remember reading that thread as it happened...

Saturday, August 18, 2012 5:42 AM
I was just there for the track time... but yea it was a cluster.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search