old member, new car - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
old member, new car
Monday, August 20, 2012 8:33 PM
Hey guys, I haven't been on here for over 10 years. After that long with out one, I just picked up my 4th Cavalier a few days ago, a 2003 5 speed LS Sport.
This is going to be a daily driver so I don't think I'll really be modding it out too much, but it's still nice to browse this place and see what's going on.
Is there anyways to see old threads? I went to a J-body meet in '02 and was looking for the thread but can't seem to find it.

anyways, here's my ugly '03 LS Sport (as soon as I find a '00-'02 5 speed Z or LS Sport for a decent price, this thing is gone. I hate the way these look. LOL)

Re: old member, new car
Monday, August 20, 2012 8:52 PM
why not just swap front ends? hood bumper,headlight brackets and headlights done! lol

Monday, August 20, 2012 8:58 PM
Lol, welcome back. I have been here off and on. Always nice to check in every once in a while.

Monday, August 20, 2012 9:00 PM
I thought of that, and swapping the decklid out also. but the fenders have rust on them, so then I'd be changing them too. and there's no arrival blue on the older cars, So then I'd have to paint it. I think that would be too much work for a $1500 beater. LOL we shall see though. If it was a color that I could just go down to the bone yard and pick off parts that were the same color, I would consider it more I think.
Sunday, August 26, 2012 9:55 PM
I hated the 03+ at first, but then they grow on you....

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Monday, August 27, 2012 8:25 AM
It hasn't grown on me yet, but at least I don't have to look at the ugly nose and ass when I'm driving it, it's still a normal Cavalier inside. LOL

I do like that yellow car with the Xtreme kit fromt the front, Even though I would still swap to an older deck lid.
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:42 PM
This car is a lot nicer then I thought now that I've gotten all the mechanical stuff fixed and detailed it. I think I'm going to take azncav's advice and just swap the nose and decklid. The paint is trashed anyways so a repaint will do some good.
I'm also planning on a small drop, some new wheels and hopefully I can find a good used supercharger.
I'm enjoying this car so much I've only driven my CTS-V and Corvette once each since I've bought this. Lol.
Thursday, September 20, 2012 1:11 PM
one month and you've gone from probably not modding it to looking for a supercharger lol

Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:50 PM
Yeah, it sucks, I can't leave anything alone. The mod bug always gets me. Hahahaha! I already installed an Alpine nav radio and I got a GM strut bar at the junkyard and installed that. Short throw shifter will be coming next.
Friday, September 21, 2012 3:49 PM
just stick with suspension man. it'll make the car fun to drive and it's cheap. gm front strut bar for the front, get a cheap ebay strut bar for the back, shorth throw, k-brace, front and rear sway bars, cadillac trunk bar, and maybe a short ram cuz they look cool and a k+n filter is easy to clean and you'll never buy another one.

Friday, September 21, 2012 6:35 PM
I just won a brand new AEM CAI on Ebay And it will work with a supercharger when I finally get one. Looks like I'll get the short throw next week. I want the supercharger kit that's for sale in the classifieds, but I can swing $1,000 right now. I'll plan for that in the spring I guess. After I buy new wheels and tires for my Corvette. Ugh, too many toys!!

Friday, November 02, 2012 7:22 PM
blucavvy wrote:one month and you've gone from probably not modding it to looking for a supercharger lol

Supercharger bought!!! LOL
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:30 AM
Installed yet?!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search