std gp / projector gp - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
std gp / projector gp
Sunday, September 30, 2012 2:55 PM
just wondering if john benham still owes anyone else money/product on the group buys last year besides me . I participated in the std group purchase last year and gave him $1100 on may 20 and after waiting for way to long and no longer owning a cavalier do to an accident asked for my money back he told me because he had my coils in that i would have to wait for him to send them back and pay $100 to restock them , whatever i didn't care just want my money back , he said he will pay me in installments which is stupid seeing as i gave him the money all at once he should be doing the same seeing as std would have refunded him all at once .

anyways he paid me one installment of $300 and has gave me 100 excuses since as to why he cant give me the rest aka out of town / family trouble / no secure internet line etc ,and now he hasn't replied to any txts in almost a month ive been more then patient with him and just want this settled

so ya anyone esle in this situation or has any suggestions on how to solve it or am i out $800 i make $10 a hour so thats a huge amount of money to just give away

Re: std gp / projector gp
Tuesday, October 02, 2012 6:40 AM
He's a bum, thief, lier and all of the above. He has taken so much money it is rediculous. I can not believe we here let him get away with it. He made me headlights that took 6 months to get, each PM, email was a different excuse as to why it was taking so long. I can say at least I got mine. But I know others who have just NOW gotten their coilovers and some like you that hasn't gotten there money back.

Honestly I would file a complaint. If enough people here who have gotten taken by him come together and file a complaint to his local police department about how he has taken your money they wouldn't hesitate to file charges against him.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, October 02, 2012 6:52 AM
Wow,

I did not know this, I guess I have not seen him on here much anymore though. Where does he live?

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 10:08 AM
Near Pittsburg. Seriously, if the GP page was still available you would see how many pages there were of people asking "where is our ish at?"

He would reply about once a month saying he has limited Internet access, he was in an accident, family issues, or would blame the supplier for late or wrong materials.

Its funny because in the middle of the GP there was a dude that chimed in warning ALL OF US to not give him any money. People defended John saying that he has changed and he is here to stay. Apparently he has taken others money before on here. So, people got screwed again.

306 TQ
Tuesday, October 02, 2012 11:12 AM
hmm.. no one around him that could take care of this? I went through this with a guy on a body kit from Canada back in the day.... and took care of it.

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 12:19 PM
I doubt it man, I think mostly everybody let it go as a loss.

306 TQ
Tuesday, October 02, 2012 12:44 PM
That is a shame.

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 9:40 PM
yea im not sure what to do he finally replied yesterday saying his phone was broken and he just got a new one and he still has no secure connection , so sick of the excuses , and i did see the people say hes not to be trusted but the people defending him made him seem like a legit guy , it will really suck losing $800 right now thats more then two paychecks for me working part time
Wednesday, October 03, 2012 5:09 AM
I knew this was going to happen. Sorry it happened to you as well.

In my opinion John is scum and a liar and I even said it in the GP thread and people came back to defend him. No reason to defend a thief.
Thursday, October 04, 2012 11:55 AM
I was SO close to buying a set of those STD Coilovers... so close... but something just didn't feel right about it and it didn't sit well with me so I passed on it.

God am I glad I did. I'm sorry to see what you're going through - I do hope you get every cent back from him.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, November 10, 2012 1:50 AM
any news about this adam?

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:49 PM
no money yet , just another excuse that he had to send in a request to get paypal unblocked or something been texting him but no reply since oct 23 so im not sure hes probably just going to ignore me till i go away
Monday, November 12, 2012 9:50 PM
have you taken any legal action?
called up std, and ask questions?
id be doing everything i can to get some sort of movement

Built&Boosted moar

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:12 AM
shyt thats a bad deal. I was gonna go in on that gp too but just decided not to at the time but all u guy lookin and waitin for money or product? u guys r too nice, my azz woulda took action on the situation after a month at least especially if he did this before and is still doin it? I wouldn't give him another chance to scam money from hard workin, honest people here, imo catch it now before its too late n ur stuck with nothin

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:11 AM
you could get all of his computer issues resolved real quick, tell him to send you a postal M.O. unless his Post Office burned to the ground. seriously file a police report on his a$$ yesterday. I hope you get some satisfaction out of this, police action may wake him up enough to get you your money.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:42 AM
for real

Built&Boosted moar

Monday, November 26, 2012 7:01 AM
sorry for the late response still nothing hasnt replied to any messages since november 11 so no money has been given back , i wasn't sure what kind of legal actions i could take with me not even living in the us , i asked paypal but apparently they cant do anything after 30days i guess , and theirs nothing std can do i remember someone else from the group buy called them and they had no idea and couldn't help any help
Wednesday, February 06, 2013 1:01 PM
Hello all,
Here I thought I was the only person having trouble with this guy. I had been in monthly contact with him up until mid october, but have not received a response yet. I paid a $280 down payment on my lights and have nothing to show for it, 16 months ago he had told me they were going to be done in a week. I am certainly interested in filing a report of some kind, but I dont know his exact whereabouts. The other guy named Chris that was working with him (or that's what John had said) said he hasnt heard from him either, and I have talked to another guy that says he got ripped off as well. Yes, Paypal seems to be out of the question, I didnt realize they only had a 30 day window to file a complaint. I dont know how much info we need to file a police report, I would assume an address which I imagine SOMEONE has to know, given that products have been receieved from him by others, he has a Paypal account, etc. Certainly willing to give this a go, not just for money's sake, but for the principle of the thing.
Phil
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:12 PM
hey guys just an update , still haven't heard from Benham since November , hes a thief and if anyone has any info on his where abouts let me know please im only a short drive away from Pittsburgh which is where hes from i was told , cant believe he can just rip people off like this what a loser , and Phil i know how you feel he needs to be punished for this im in if you can figure out anyway to go after him legal wise
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search