What do you hate about the Js? - Page 6 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What do you hate about the Js?
Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:53 AM
Well where to begin?

The drum brakes had to pulls those off the other day I swear they didnt want to come off no matter how much I coxed them.
Getting along in age and being lowered for over 2 years now on coilovers all the dam squeaks and rattles from the interior I swear I just want it to shut up.
Speaking of rattles all the ones I get from the body itself no matter how many bushings I replace and how much I tighten theres always a mistery squeak.
Wheel bearings. Enough said there.
Steering wheel is ugly.
Seats are ugly and uncomfortable.
Fuel filter location.
Weak ass brakes.
Cup holder location.

I think that about does it. But for all these negatives I still love it. I'll never get rid of my J and all those things can be ugraded or dealt with. Just really wish the cabin was quieter.

Friday, January 25, 2013 6:25 PM
I don't hate much about my '03 LSS. I hated the front and rear when I bought it, but since I swapped to the Sunfire sedan tails I actually got used to the front and really like the look now.

Stuff breaks but parts are so cheap I can't complain. I replaced my front brake pads, rotors and wheel bearings for under $150 carefully shopping Ebay and used name brand parts. (Wagner brakes and Timken Bearings.) Machined the rear drums and adjusted the rear brakes (free) and the brakes stop great now. strut mounts, sway bar bushings and links for under $100 fixed all the popping noises.

I do hate the Right side fuel filler.

The thing I hate the most though is how fast they rust out. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying my 5th J-body when I'm done with this one.
Saturday, January 26, 2013 11:34 AM
Besides everything?
Everything.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:35 PM
Me as a kid loved ANY car that looked good ( I was crazy), as I got older I always loved Cavaliers because of my name but never had intrest in them because lack of aftermarket stuff UNTIL I met Roger and Peter Burke, their sister lived in my hood and they always had loud, clean Cavaliers but when Roger showed up 1 day with his 95 Z24, REAL Bomex kit, 17's and dual exhaust it was from that day on I wanted 1, I was 17 then and 3 years later I bought my first Cavalier , only things I dont like is weak trans, rear drums and rear suspension, my 1 beef with Gm is THEY SHOULDA MADE THE 03-05 Z24 a tru Z24 with the 2.4 ecotec , if u can put it in a Ion??? u could put it in a Cav.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Saturday, January 26, 2013 5:04 PM
Cavalier Thompson wrote:Me as a kid loved ANY car that looked good ( I was crazy), as I got older I always loved Cavaliers because of my name but never had intrest in them because lack of aftermarket stuff UNTIL I met Roger and Peter Burke, their sister lived in my hood and they always had loud, clean Cavaliers but when Roger showed up 1 day with his 95 Z24, REAL Bomex kit, 17's and dual exhaust it was from that day on I wanted 1, I was 17 then and 3 years later I bought my first Cavalier , only things I dont like is weak trans, rear drums and rear suspension, my 1 beef with Gm is THEY SHOULDA MADE THE 03-05 Z24 a tru Z24 with the 2.4 ecotec , if u can put it in a Ion??? u could put it in a Cav.

Weak trans? Are you talking about the F23? They are solid trannys... I do agree though, the 2.2 eco is a pretty good motor, but offering it in the base model and the sporty z24 model does seem right. Pay that extra money for 16" rims, little nicer body and a few z24 badges....

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Friday, February 22, 2013 1:25 AM
I like my 98 conv cav mostly cause its a vert but also looks good, is affordable, good fuel economy, cheap parts, drives nice except for noise. Can get lots of miles out of 2200 engine, with reverse cooling on this one temps r never a problem. Like dash and controls, simple and functional looks good.

Don't like:

1. Crappy window motors and regulators, plus poor window design
2. Vert top and horrible rubber gaskets, leaks and very expensive to replace
3. Crappy vert top motors
4. Anti theft system
5. No Schrader valve on fuel line
6. Squeaks and rattles
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search