New Site Idea? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Site Idea?
Thursday, June 07, 2012 7:48 AM
just had a thought and im wondering what ppl think of the idea. What if i was to make a site the had all of the how-to's and FAQ about the j-bodys? And other informative stuff about the j-body? would it be worth it or should i not bother?

i just have a need to make a webpage. Its been awhile since i made one and i really want to. i know we dont need another forum. so i thought that maybe a how-to site would be kinda cool? Unless anyone else has an idea about a site that i can make?

Re: New Site Idea?
Thursday, June 07, 2012 9:45 AM
We have a FAQ/how-to section here, but is in need of updating/revision. Maybe ask Dave if u can volunteer to work on it???

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, June 07, 2012 9:54 AM
oh yea the library i forgot about that.

nah i just wanna make something new. lol

Thursday, June 07, 2012 9:55 AM
if you can't find how to do something on this site, then either you don't know how to use a search function, or it's not possible to do. With as long as this site has been around, there is very little that hasn't been posted in detail many times on here. It just takes some searching to find it sometimes, but it's still here.

Thursday, June 07, 2012 10:35 AM
thats what i was gonna do with the site was find every thing and put it all in one location.

Thursday, June 07, 2012 11:00 AM
Dude read the terms of service.

-I drive my car to work-
Thursday, June 07, 2012 1:31 PM
shanez24 wrote:just had a thought and im wondering what ppl think of the idea. What if i was to make a site the had all of the how-to's and FAQ about the j-bodys? And other informative stuff about the j-body? would it be worth it or should i not bother?

What you speak of we already have, needs to be expanded, and we will eventually have more of. We already have the FAQ that is in dire need of expansion and the Product Guide that hasn't even taken off yet, but I hope will soon. Both sections need moderators and contributors. While one person can manage them, it is a huge task for one person to be the sole moderator and contributor. I also have a few major additions planned in the future.

shanez24 wrote:i just have a need to make a webpage. Its been awhile since i made one and i really want to. i know we dont need another forum. so i thought that maybe a how-to site would be kinda cool? Unless anyone else has an idea about a site that i can make?

I respect that you want to build a site. In this case, however, I propose that fragmenting the community may not be a good idea. To me it makes more sense to have FAQs and how-to's in one place where the majority of people come. It would make such things easier to find, easier to get help on, and easier to make additions and changes to, when necessary.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Monday, January 21, 2013 2:54 PM
What could help greatly is having a "classifies," or table-of-contents type guide or link-up. For zample: I'd like to know if any other members have had to remove the ignition cyl lock mechanism that (a prev owner) had broken--no key apparently and needed to turn wheels--. Whatever broke off is rattling in the column and blocking the turning action at times. Thus: Mechanical>Interior>Steering Column. . . It would sure be a project, but it could also help minimize duplicity of responses. Just tryin to help. . . . My car is an 89 Beretta GT.
Monday, January 21, 2013 8:35 PM
sounds like you want access to alldata or mitchell.

Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:22 AM
I was thinking this myself our FAQ and Library section are in major need of update.
Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:01 PM
RED wrote:I was thinking this myself our FAQ and Library section are in major need of update.

Yes they are. But we are in need of people to volunteer to do it.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about

Friday, January 25, 2013 9:49 AM
Well I'm always more then willing to lend a hand. Get some more people on board and let us know what needs to be done.
Friday, January 25, 2013 3:20 PM
cannon fodder wrote:if you can't find how to do something on this site, then either you don't know how to use a search function, or it's not possible to do. With as long as this site has been around, there is very little that hasn't been posted in detail many times on here. It just takes some searching to find it sometimes, but it's still here.

Search function on this site sucks major balls.

FU Tuning

Saturday, January 26, 2013 5:43 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
cannon fodder wrote:if you can't find how to do something on this site, then either you don't know how to use a search function, or it's not possible to do. With as long as this site has been around, there is very little that hasn't been posted in detail many times on here. It just takes some searching to find it sometimes, but it's still here.

Disagree. 100000x better than any VBulletin site.

Saturday, January 26, 2013 5:55 PM
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:

Disagree. 100000x better than any VBulletin site.

X2. This site has one of the best search functions, at least compared to other forums like it.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:11 PM
I have searched for something found it. Then searched for it again the same way and not found it.

It sucks. How does it compare to other sites? I do not know. I do not search on many sites period.

Google works better if I want to find something on the org.

FU Tuning

Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:03 PM
john i dont know why you have such difficulty with the search. it seems as though you are one of the few.

the only problem i have with it is the member search. it definitely does not work correctly.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Monday, January 28, 2013 8:23 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:Google works better if I want to find something on the org.

So, just for people like you that don't like the forum search, there's a Google search box at the top of the page. Problem solved. A few years ago.

-Z Yaaaa- wrote:the only problem i have with it is the member search. it definitely does not work correctly.

Yes, its in need of some major updates. I'll try to get to it soon.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:24 PM
Dave wrote:
RED wrote:I was thinking this myself our FAQ and Library section are in major need of update.

Yes they are. But we are in need of people to volunteer to do it.

I'd volunteer to help out.

Friday, February 01, 2013 3:18 AM
Like I said I'm down to lend a hand.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search