What the heck just happened?! - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What the heck just happened?!
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:35 PM
....... I don't like it...

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:50 PM
Everybody is a blur.......who are you guys again?

Beyond that, not bad so far. The place really did need a change....

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 11:01 PM
Just a suggestion you could make an arrow to make the forum fullscreen and hide the banner and side bar like a few forums do.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:03 AM
For me, there is not enough of a border on the left hand side. Some sort of filler would help. It kinda hurts my eyes reading writing that's on the edge of the screen. A lot of forums utilize this needed space for some member info next to their post. Not that this specifically is necessary, just one way to add a border. Otherwise I am liking the update.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:32 AM
Interesting.

A darker background is the biggest thing that is jumping out at me and maybe shrink the banner down a touch.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:33 AM
Sig Change is broken currently D:

Otherwise, everything looks good, just got a new 1440p 27" monitor, so everything fits much better. All scaling is proper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:33 AM

Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:51 AM
oh wow, gonna take me awhile to get used to this.

one thing im already noticing that im not a fan of is how everything is pushed left. seems as though it takes more effort to read and type now since my focus needs to be in a completely different area of the screen.

hate change in general lol but dave im glad you're at least trying man. props.

ps, any plans to re-insert j-body pictures in the banner? seems naked without them..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:56 AM

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:56 AM
Really needs lines or differentiated colors between posts just seems like I'm reading a word document. Also banner is quite big on a small ipad

Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:08 AM
I like the overall look, but I'd make the following changes:

1. as said, make the top bar and logo a little smaller (maybe have a preferences option for when you're signed in?)
I have a smaller monitor at work, and the top bar seems huge

2. move the forum nav bar back to the left and shrink it a bit. There's a lot of blank space in there, so it's just taking up page width.

other than that, I like it.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:20 AM
Biggest gripe is no real distinction between posters. I find it hard to follow
Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:24 AM
Is there anyway to center the forum and posts some. Being all the way to the left on two monitors is very annoying.

Even if it was over like 2 inches.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:40 AM
love the fact that I can upload from my cell or computer now, other than that it is a bit light colored and no definition between peoples posts

Modding my j since I found the org
Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:57 AM
Just found that I can't move PM's from trash to inbox and can't move/delete sent items. I can delete/move the inbox messages to trash though.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:22 AM
May be missing this easily but what happened to the search box and the top right of the page? Where is the search box now?

Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:03 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:The latest change done since going live with this looks much better. Banner was too dark before, but much better now.

I didn't change anything there, you probably had the old stylesheet cached. That's why in the first post I said the first thing you should do is click refresh.

Addicted to meth wrote:Also I just tried spell checker, it brought up another tab but nothing showed.

What browser? It should have opened a popup window.

Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:Is there a possibility of a phone app

This design is responsive, so it works quite well on a mobile device. I took a lot of care to make sure it functioned well. There are still a few small issues, but I'm working on them.

Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:New jbo stickers come with a new site?

Why not? I'll look into it.

Kyle (GME Chat) wrote:EDIT: another bug... i no longer see the regional forums on the side member bar... i had North-east, Mid-east, and South-east...

This one is a bit of an oversight on my part. The regions selection has moved from your profile to the site subscriptions. What I forgot to do was populate the subscriptions table with the regions everyone had selected. For now you can just go to your control panel, click subscriptions, and re-check your regions under JBO.

I'll respond to the rest of the bugs in a bit...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:34 PM
Patrick Coulter wrote:Sig Change is broken currently D:

Fixed.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about

Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:02 PM
I was on Chrome, but spell checker now working on my PC, but not in chrome from my ipad. It will pull up another tab, but nothing happens.

FU Tuning

Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:32 PM
Rob Dotterer wrote:Site looks good takes some getting use to.

Problem:
Every time someone sends me a PM i get 3 of them. Some times all dated the same time or 1-2mins apart and the email notifications no longer work for PMs.

It kept giving me errors so I had to try it a few times. Guess it went through 3 times

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:52 PM
Love the new look other than what has already been said about the huge banner across the top.

Also i found a glitch, for some of the forums that have adds the texted is smashed into 3 letter wide section. ( I also found the mustang add funny)

Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-09-19 at 2.47.47 PM.png (87k)

Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:57 PM
Jesse Feeling wrote:Love the new look other than what has already been said about the huge banner across the top.

Also i found a glitch, for some of the forums that have adds the texted is smashed into 3 letter wide section. ( I also found the mustang add funny)

So i noticed that if i widen my browser screen it makes for room for the text. Suggestion would be to make the add just above the text or between posts.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:31 PM
Awesome!!!!

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!

Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:38 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:I was on Chrome, but spell checker now working on my PC, but not in chrome from my ipad. It will pull up another tab, but nothing happens.

Looks like the spell checker doesn't work on iPad. I'm going to be redesigning some of the popups, so that should hopefully be taken care of.

Jesse Feeling wrote:Also i found a glitch, for some of the forums that have adds the texted is smashed into 3 letter wide section. ( I also found the mustang add funny)

Huh?!?! Where is that screenshot from? That's not the JBO. I don't see where you're having this problem.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:40 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Rob Dotterer wrote:Site looks good takes some getting use to.

Problem:
Every time someone sends me a PM i get 3 of them. Some times all dated the same time or 1-2mins apart and the email notifications no longer work for PMs.

It kept giving me errors so I had to try it a few times. Guess it went through 3 times

I'm going to be completely redesigning the PM compose screen, and that will fix the duplicate message problem. It should be up sometime in the next few days.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:09 PM
also, i liked how before it would say your username and that you were logged in. all i see to differentiate is the fact it says log out, indicating you are logged in.

any help for the member search coming? it still has that bug where if you try and search someone that joined before the timestamp it wont find them.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:58 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:also, i liked how before it would say your username and that you were logged in. all i see to differentiate is the fact it says log out, indicating you are logged in.

It still does. Its in the grey "breadcrumbs" bar at the top.

-Z Yaaaa- wrote:any help for the member search coming? it still has that bug where if you try and search someone that joined before the timestamp it wont find them.

Yes I'm working on it. It won't be perfect but what I will be doing is auto-subscribing old members to JBO. With this new design, as I'm sure some of you have noticed, if you are not subscribed to a site, you are forced to do so when you log in. That will also help fix the problem.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search