What the heck just happened?! - Page 4 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What the heck just happened?!
Sunday, September 22, 2013 4:47 AM

Regional forums still buggy... it displays like this, and when clicking, it takes me to the general forum listing page.

On vamotive.com regional forums display and link correctly

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Sunday, September 22, 2013 4:49 AM
Attachments
regional bug.JPG (32k)

Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:55 PM
I kind of like it, the change was good.

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:12 PM
Not getting emails when selecting "email me replies to this thread"

Sunday, September 22, 2013 10:12 PM
Kyle (GME Chat) wrote:Regional forums still buggy... it displays like this, and when clicking, it takes me to the general forum listing page.

On vamotive.com regional forums display and link correctly

Fixed. That bug only existed when you CHANGED your region. Had you logged out and logged back in again, or come back a few hours later, it would have worked fine.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Sunday, September 22, 2013 10:15 PM
Luke C wrote:Not getting emails when selecting "email me replies to this thread"

Check your spam folder? As far as I know, emails are going out just fine.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about

Sunday, September 22, 2013 10:20 PM
The emails just started working today for me. Also the adds still mess up the layout and page size on mobile viewing from iPad 3 and iPhone 5. It keeps the page desktop size even though the mobile layout comes up. There is a ton of empty space to the right.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Sunday, September 22, 2013 10:24 PM
RicoCav wrote:When I am in my Inbox under the "Sent" section, there is no way to delete groups of messages. I have to open each individual message and delete.

However, when in the "Trash" section, there is an option to Move or Delete.

Fixed. You can't move a message out of the sent box, but you can delete. Minor issue was causing the button not to show. Its back now.

Addicted to meth wrote:Issue with my selected regional not showing is the same in my PC and iPad, but using chrome.

It a caching issue. You can fix it by going into your subscription settings, and as long as everything looks ok, click save. Or log out and log back in again. I'll have this issue fixed sometime soon.

Rob Dotterer wrote:The emails just started working today for me. Also the adds still mess up the layout and page size on mobile viewing from iPad 3 and iPhone 5. It keeps the page desktop size even though the mobile layout comes up. There is a ton of empty space to the right.

The header change from a few days ago caused some strangeness in the mobile view. I'll be working on that this week.

Monday, September 23, 2013 4:54 AM
Dave wrote:
Luke C wrote:Not getting emails when selecting "email me replies to this thread"

Check your spam folder? As far as I know, emails are going out just fine.

Bummer, wonder why I'm not gettting them, dont have a spam folder on this thing and didnt show up in the desktop spam folder.

Monday, September 23, 2013 10:40 AM
Rob Dotterer wrote:Also the adds still mess up the layout and page size on mobile viewing from iPad 3 and iPhone 5. It keeps the page desktop size even though the mobile layout comes up. There is a ton of empty space to the right.

That is courtesy of Adsense. I'm going to try out their responsive ads in just a bit. Hopefully that'll take care of it.

Luke C wrote:Bummer, wonder why I'm not gettting them, dont have a spam folder on this thing and didnt show up in the desktop spam folder.

The email may be bouncing for some reason. I was not tracking bounces from forum emails up till now, but I just made a change that should track them. I'm also looking into redoing the email, but I need to crunch some numbers and see how many emails are going out each day and month before I begin.

Monday, September 23, 2013 11:42 AM
Also just wanted to let you know when I try to paste a link using my iPad or iPhone the black navigation bar shows over the link I pasted and then I cannot see the link or what I'm typing. Even if I scroll up or down it goes the entire width of the past just over the line with the link. If I submit the post the link and message shows correctly. It is just an anooying bug I noticed.

Monday, September 23, 2013 1:42 PM
Luke C wrote:Bummer, wonder why I'm not gettting them, dont have a spam folder on this thing and didnt show up in the desktop spam folder.

As it turns out, there was a bug and emails were not being sent. It should be fixed now.

Rob Dotterer wrote:Also just wanted to let you know when I try to paste a link using my iPad or iPhone the black navigation bar shows over the link I pasted and then I cannot see the link or what I'm typing. Even if I scroll up or down it goes the entire width of the past just over the line with the link. If I submit the post the link and message shows correctly. It is just an anooying bug I noticed.

Can you be a bit more detailed? I can't seem to duplicate what you are saying. You are pasting a link into the reply box? I'm not getting anything like that. Is anyone else?

Monday, September 23, 2013 1:55 PM
Dave wrote:

As it turns out, there was a bug and emails were not being sent. It should be fixed now.

Rob Dotterer wrote:Also just wanted to let you know when I try to paste a link using my iPad or iPhone the black navigation bar shows over the link I pasted and then I cannot see the link or what I'm typing. Even if I scroll up or down it goes the entire width of the past just over the line with the link. If I submit the post the link and message shows correctly. It is just an anooying bug I noticed.

Can you be a bit more detailed? I can't seem to duplicate what you are saying. You are pasting a link into the reply box? I'm not getting anything like that. Is anyone else?

I just tried on my ipad mini. No issue.

FU Tuning

Monday, September 23, 2013 3:29 PM
Here is iPhone 5
Attachments
image.jpg (127k)
image.jpg (121k)

Monday, September 23, 2013 3:32 PM
Here is iPad 3
Attachments
IMG_1780.PNG (621k)
IMG_1779.PNG (756k)

Monday, September 23, 2013 6:27 PM
Today's changes:
- Email replies is fixed. There was in fact a bug that caused emails not to go out. Coming soon: thread subscriptions. You'll be able to subscribe to a thread without having to post a reply.
- Banner ads are now responsive. It works well on tablets but isn't perfect on smartphones. I'll keep working on it.
- A few visual fixes on mobile views.

Rob Dotterer wrote:Here is iPad 3

I have not been able to duplicate that no matter how hard I tried (both iPhone 5 and iPad 3). Has anyone else seen this problem? It looks like your devices are jailbroken, is there anything installed that changes Safari in any way?

Monday, September 23, 2013 7:22 PM
iPad is jailbroken on 5.1.1 with a bunch of tweaks. I never had any issues before with this site or any other site. iPhone 5 is on 6.1.4 and not jailbroken. The nave bar only shows up when doing a paste. Sometimes it goes away but most times it doesn't. And I also realized it appears at the top of the screen when pasting but if the screen is moved up or down the navigation menu stays where it appeard.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 4:52 AM
Two glitches I've noticed, one is a Forums link. Image attached. The thread is no longer available, but it's showing up as the most recent post in the Forums home page.

The second is the pull downs are not working properly on my Android. I can pull down the forums list, then the sub forums list, but if the forum I'm looking for is off the page, I can't scroll, it just closes the pull down. I'm using Chrome for Android. I haven't tried it on the stock browser.

Attachments
gp_old_thread.png (158k)

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:04 PM
I made some significant changes today to the way the forum handles new messages. Unfortunately there was no choice but to wipe out all new flags for global (off topic, war, AG) forums. So in those forums, please feel free to click the "mark all read" button and start over. Sorry about that. There was a good reason for the change and it should allow for a lot more cool stuff in the future. There are still a couple of bugs I am working out that are mainly on the forum home page (it might not show that there are new posts even when there are), but I am working on it.

Also the forum home page should now be massively faster for most people.

Mr. Quick wrote:Two glitches I've noticed, one is a Forums link. Image attached. The thread is no longer available, but it's showing up as the most recent post in the Forums home page.

That forum actually should have never been visible. I removed it, and the GP forum is now listed at the bottom under global forums.

Mr. Quick wrote:The second is the pull downs are not working properly on my Android. I can pull down the forums list, then the sub forums list, but if the forum I'm looking for is off the page, I can't scroll, it just closes the pull down. I'm using Chrome for Android. I haven't tried it on the stock browser.

Someone already mentioned that. I am aware of it, it affects pretty much all mobile devices, and I am hoping to find a fix soon. For now you can tap the "Forum Home" link and then go to the forum you want. It adds an additional step, but until I can find a fix, its the only way around the bug.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:07 PM

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 4:58 PM
What the hell, the forum just censored me! It wont let me type (explicative deleted). What's up with that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:06 PM

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:10 PM
Sparkey05 wrote:What the hell, the forum just censored me! It wont let me type (explicative deleted). What's up with that?

The forum has always had a censor (except in AG). Its not very strict though, just a few words. This is the first time you noticed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:05 PM

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:11 PM
Well hell.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:05 PM
Sparkey05 wrote:What the hell, the forum just censored me! It wont let me type (explicative deleted). What's up with that?
We'll let you slide this time on bypassing the language filter, as you were asking a question, but don't make a habit of it. Bypassing the language filter is a ban-able offense.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 8:15 PM
I just noticed something. I don't recall it being on this discussion yet. When in a forum and say you want to click on the magnifying glass emblem to "enlarge" a picture. The top of the picture (about an 1/8" on my computer) gets cut off by the floating banner bar. The dynamic banner bar (Home, Library, Forums, Classifieds, Members bar) to be more clear.

Did you say my car looks slow??
Thursday, September 26, 2013 8:18 AM
Yea that's the first time I noticed the language filter which is somewhat surprising that I have had that long of a clean streak. Maybe I had noticed it before but it was something a little more harsh so I brushed it off, surprised me with sh^t tripping it.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:27 PM
Kyle (GME Chat) wrote:
We'll let you slide this time on bypassing the language filter, as you were asking a question, but don't make a habit of it. Bypassing the language filter is a ban-able offense.

I didn't bass it. I just typed hell. I know you were not talking to me but thought I would point it out.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search