What the heck just happened?! - Page 3 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What the heck just happened?!
Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:15 PM
Jesse Feeling wrote:Love the new look other than what has already been said about the huge banner across the top.

Also i found a glitch, for some of the forums that have adds the texted is smashed into 3 letter wide section. ( I also found the mustang add funny)

That looks like Ecotecforum hahaha.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:33 PM
JUCNBST wrote:That looks like Ecotecforum hahaha.

Those people need to come over to Ecotec Power. All the cool stuff I'm doing here will be available on there also. And there are definitely some cool things planned.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:53 PM
I will always a place in my heart for the old JBO- R.I.P.!

BLACKMANTIS
Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:15 PM
Did somebody say OLD JBO???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:15 PM
Attachments
jbo_1999_october.jpg (131k)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about

Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:54 PM
Overall, I like the new look/interface of the site. My only gripe is on mobile, the banner seems "unattached" if that makes sense, and when I zoom in the banner takes over screen real estate exponentially. Thought maybe it was just a device issue, but now I see it happens on both my phone and tablet (both Android)

This is a zoomed out shot:

And when I zoom in:

Aside from that, I think the new design is much more mobile friendly, which is great because 90% of the time that's how I'm checking in. Keep up the awesome work Dave!

Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:55 PM
^

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:59 PM
That must be a Android problem. Seems fine on a iPhone.
Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:09 PM
Yay the banner issue is fixed!

epic photo dave... http://web.archive.org/web/19991104142711/http://www.j-body.org/ =)

Though now i have the post wash out issue... before there was a thin horiz line that separated posts...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:11 PM

Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:12 PM
Kyle (GME Chat) wrote:Yay the banner issue is fixed!

Though now i have the post wash out issue... before there was a thin horiz line that separated posts...

Yes it is. I was in the middle of some changes, so just refresh, it should hopefully all be ok now.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:13 PM
EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:Overall, I like the new look/interface of the site. My only gripe is on mobile, the banner seems "unattached" if that makes sense, and when I zoom in the banner takes over screen real estate exponentially. Thought maybe it was just a device issue, but now I see it happens on both my phone and tablet (both Android)

I am not able to duplicate that on the android devices I'm using for testing. What devices and android version are you using?

Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:18 PM
The recent updates are awesome.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:24 PM
Droid Razr Maxx with Jelly Bean...which I am currently on and the banner seems fine now.

Also viewed the issue earlier on my Lenovo A2 tablet, also jelly bean. I'll have to wait til I'm done work to see if its still affected on the tablet.

Friday, September 20, 2013 2:28 AM
FYI... webpage layout scales perfectly on iPad... however, the forum drop down links aren't overly friendly with the touch screen.

Friday, September 20, 2013 4:06 AM
A small issue I keep getting. I have updated my subscriptions for southeast region. Yesterday when I was on my ipad mini using chrome all I had was the regional link. I went back to my subscriptions southeast was checked. I just clicked updated again and it was showing.

This morning the same thing on the same device. I haven't been on the org on my PC yet to see if it is doing it also.

FU Tuning

Friday, September 20, 2013 4:36 AM
Dave wrote:Did somebody say OLD JBO???

Yes! With the JBOTM on the right when you first log on! I miss those days.

Friday, September 20, 2013 5:04 AM
Still not a fan of the nav sidebar on the right.

Also, can we get it anchored so that when you're reading a thread, it stays on the screen as it scrolls down? Maybe have a hide/show button next to each forum area as well?

Something like this:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, September 20, 2013 5:05 AM
Attachments
JBO nav.png (22k)

Friday, September 20, 2013 6:35 AM

Omg! Mobile theme!

Friday, September 20, 2013 11:31 AM
Post are broken up WAY better now.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, September 20, 2013 12:47 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:FYI... webpage layout scales perfectly on iPad... however, the forum drop down links aren't overly friendly with the touch screen.

I am aware of the nav issue on mobile devices, and I have yet to find a solution. I'm still working on it. For now you can go to the forum home and click what forum you want from there. Sorry about that.

Addicted to meth wrote:A small issue I keep getting. I have updated my subscriptions for southeast region. Yesterday when I was on my ipad mini using chrome all I had was the regional link. I went back to my subscriptions southeast was checked. I just clicked updated again and it was showing.

This morning the same thing on the same device. I haven't been on the org on my PC yet to see if it is doing it also.

This is most likely a caching issue on the server end. I'll see what I can do about it.

Mr. Quick wrote:Yes! With the JBOTM on the right when you first log on! I miss those days.

If someone wanted to help me out with it, there's no reason why we couldn't bring something like that back again.

Friday, September 20, 2013 12:48 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Post are broken up WAY better now.

Probably because you had the old stylesheet cached. I renamed the stylesheets last night which would force your browser to download the latest one.

As I said a few times now, if something doesn't look right, try refreshing your browser first. Sometimes its just a caching issue.

Friday, September 20, 2013 6:26 PM
Post layout is awesome now.
And the collapsing logo at the top is wonderful!
It's awesome dave! Love it!

Friday, September 20, 2013 8:39 PM
Just to let you know if you rotate an iPhone 5 or iPad 3 on a page the adds screw up the layout big time and the page doesn't resize. Also some of the adds do this without rotating the screen.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Saturday, September 21, 2013 6:50 AM
*Possible Bug*

When I am in my Inbox under the "Sent" section, there is no way to delete groups of messages. I have to open each individual message and delete.

However, when in the "Trash" section, there is an option to Move or Delete.

Am I the only one seeing this or are others having the same problem?
Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:41 AM
hopefully now that you lazy mobile computer with phone app users have a more mobile friendly JBO you'll actually participate.

this new layout is not growing on me. i find it difficult to use and annoyingly cluttered up. i better get on my phone so i can enjoy using JBO again.

sorry, just my opinion.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Saturday, September 21, 2013 3:09 PM
is growing on me. Doesn't matter what I'm on. Haven't bother looking from my phone, but both PC and iPad mini.

Issue with my selected regional not showing is the same in my PC and iPad, but using chrome.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search