What the heck just happened?! - Page 7 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What the heck just happened?!
Monday, October 14, 2013 7:11 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:You are correct it is. I do not use that nav bar as I do not like it. I'm talking the one on the right hand side of the forums that has all forums listed. Use to be on the left. That should scroll down, or have a link at the bottom of a thread to go back to the forum you were in.

That's what I figured, but I couldn't tell for sure. I am trying to find a way of making it stick to the window. I can't make any promises, but I am trying to find a solution. Also, there is a button at the bottom of the thread, its in the gray nav, called "Thread List."

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Monday, October 14, 2013 9:55 PM
First time ever (and probably the last) getting on here with my phone.

From the homepage, I click the button with the three lines under the ORG logo, it drops down the list. I click the 'Go go go' and it just reloads the page. The only way I can get to the forums is by clicking the 'forum home' link and scrolling down to whatever. I'm using FF on a Galaxy S4 if that makes a difference. I saw a post about using Chrome and it works (or that may be a different problem?).

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:56 AM
Dave wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:You are correct it is. I do not use that nav bar as I do not like it. I'm talking the one on the right hand side of the forums that has all forums listed. Use to be on the left. That should scroll down, or have a link at the bottom of a thread to go back to the forum you were in.

That's what I figured, but I couldn't tell for sure. I am trying to find a way of making it stick to the window. I can't make any promises, but I am trying to find a solution. Also, there is a button at the bottom of the thread, its in the gray nav, called "Thread List."

The top navbar actually doesn't work too good on my ipad mini using chrome. It will drop down, but when I follow it over to select my forum it goes away before I can select.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:05 AM
Dave wrote:Also, there is a button at the bottom of the thread, its in the gray nav, called "Thread List."
Only on the last page though, which means that if you're viewing anything but the last page, you still have to scroll back up.

Attachments
JBOnothreadlist.png (144k)

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:04 PM
Mr. Quick wrote:
Dave wrote:Also, there is a button at the bottom of the thread, its in the gray nav, called "Thread List."
Only on the last page though, which means that if you're viewing anything but the last page, you still have to scroll back up.

I didn't notice that. I added it back in.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:35 PM
Dave wrote:
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:Another thing I found is the regional section anytime I go to select a region it gives me Canada every time?

This should be fixed now. It only affected mobile browsers that resized the map image.

Blwn LD9 wrote:I noticed that I can create folders in my Inbox, but I cannot move anything into them. I tried dragging it into the folder and when I check the message and click on move at the bottom of the page nothing happens

Dragging does not work there, maybe its something I can add eventually. To move messages, either click the checkbox next to the messages you want to move, click move and select where to move them to (there should be a popup window) or click the message so you are in read view, and there is a move link in the nav above the message.

Works great Dave! No complaints from me now
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:16 PM
I dont know if its a issue with just Safari on my iphone but I had a very hard time logging in. It wont let me scroll down far enough to log in.
Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:48 AM
I don't recall if this was mentioned before or not, but I just noticed that in the PMs, it says I have 1003 messages in my trash, but if I click on trash, it's empty. Not a big deal, but I figured I'd bring it to your attention.

Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:13 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:I don't recall if this was mentioned before or not, but I just noticed that in the PMs, it says I have 1003 messages in my trash, but if I click on trash, it's empty. Not a big deal, but I figured I'd bring it to your attention.

Are you sure? You should see 0 for Trash, the 1,003 should be your sent box.

Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:15 PM
Dave wrote:
Mr. Quick wrote:I don't recall if this was mentioned before or not, but I just noticed that in the PMs, it says I have 1003 messages in my trash, but if I click on trash, it's empty. Not a big deal, but I figured I'd bring it to your attention.

Mine shows 1869 in the trash folder.

Always has showed something.

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:53 PM
guess i am not that popular?

Friday, October 18, 2013 6:40 AM
Dave wrote:

Yes, I'm sure.

Looking at it again, I think the lines are simply off by 1, because I show no number next to my in box, 1187 next to my sent, and 1003 next to my trash.

Attachments
JBOmessagebox.png (3k)

Saturday, October 19, 2013 7:09 PM
James Cahill wrote:First time ever (and probably the last) getting on here with my phone.

From the homepage, I click the button with the three lines under the ORG logo, it drops down the list. I click the 'Go go go' and it just reloads the page. The only way I can get to the forums is by clicking the 'forum home' link and scrolling down to whatever. I'm using FF on a Galaxy S4 if that makes a difference. I saw a post about using Chrome and it works (or that may be a different problem?).

It's still doing this.

Monday, October 21, 2013 1:55 PM
Mr. Quick wrote:Yes, I'm sure.

Looking at it again, I think the lines are simply off by 1, because I show no number next to my in box, 1187 next to my sent, and 1003 next to my trash.

Ugh, another IE7 issue. If you really are using IE8 then all you need to do is turn off "Compatibility View" in the Tools menu. I just added a tag that should actually completely disable the "Compatibility View" option, so you might not even be able to toggle it on, which is the desired effect.

I've tried everything I could think of and there's nothing I can do to get it to line up on IE7 (which is what IE8 compatibility view actually is). I don't think this one is going to get fixed, because the browser just blows. Besides less then 5% of the site traffic comes from IE7.

Monday, October 21, 2013 1:58 PM
Philly D wrote:I dont know if its a issue with just Safari on my iphone but I had a very hard time logging in. It wont let me scroll down far enough to log in.

James Cahill wrote:It's still doing this.

This is all related. The site nav is completely unpredictable on mobile devices. On some it works great, on others the sub-dropdowns don't work, and on others it won't let you scroll. I'm going to work on it this week. Its probably not going to be a quick fix, because it affects different mobile browsers in different ways. I hope to have something working in the next few days though.

Monday, October 21, 2013 6:23 PM
Dave wrote:
Mr. Quick wrote:Yes, I'm sure.

Ugh, another IE7 issue. If you really are using IE8 then all you need to do is turn off "Compatibility View" in the Tools menu. I just added a tag that should actually completely disable the "Compatibility View" option, so you might not even be able to toggle it on, which is the desired effect.

I've tried everything I could think of and there's nothing I can do to get it to line up on IE7 (which is what IE8 compatibility view actually is). I don't think this one is going to get fixed, because the browser just blows. Besides less then 5% of the site traffic comes from IE7.

I'm using chrome and mine shows 1869 in the trash, plus some in sent and some in the inbox.

FU Tuning

Monday, October 21, 2013 6:58 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:I'm using chrome and mine shows 1869 in the trash, plus some in sent and some in the inbox.

That is because you have 1869 messages in your trash. Everything is fine with your view. This is a bug that exists only in IE7 and IE8 compatibility view, though the latter is now disabled.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:42 AM
Idea.

Could we get a multiquote button?

FU Tuning

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:30 PM
Here's where we stand right now with site nav in mobile. I have removed the links to all the forums for now, and just left in links to the main forum page as well as the search page. Since it doesn't work on all devices, I figured it would be best to only display what I know works for everyone. Also in mobile, the site nav is no longer sticky at the top, since that didn't work very well on all devices either.

I am designing a completely new site navigation for mobile devices. Its probably not going to be done for at least a few days, but its going to be the best thing since sliced bread. I think it will make the site 10x better to use on a mobile device. Look for it coming soon.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:02 AM
I wish we could edit our posts. I posted some "How To" guides that need some fixes.
Saturday, October 26, 2013 6:34 PM
RazzMaTazz wrote:I wish we could edit our posts. I posted some "How To" guides that need some fixes.
Use the Contact us link and let us know the threads that need to be changed, and what needs to be changed. One of the mods will update your threads for you.

Saturday, November 02, 2013 2:54 PM
Ive noticed alot of For Sale ads dont seem to have any content.

Is that an issue with the site or people just not writing anything down?
Saturday, November 02, 2013 5:59 PM
For sale ads are broken

No content is showing

I've edited my Automobile post 2-3 times and it wont show anything, and new post Previewing doesnt show anything either.

D:

Sunday, November 03, 2013 12:28 AM
Not sure if anyone else had this issue but when someone replies to a thread I subscribed to, I get 3 copies of the same email notifying me. PMs I only get 1 notification but threads I get 3 and that is a little annoying if it's a popular thread.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Monday, November 04, 2013 3:36 PM
Patrick Coulter wrote:For sale ads are broken

No content is showing

I've edited my Automobile post 2-3 times and it wont show anything, and new post Previewing doesnt show anything either.

I'm chasing down some really strange bug. For now I have disabled the stylized editor, and it is now saving the post.

Rob Dotterer wrote:Not sure if anyone else had this issue but when someone replies to a thread I subscribed to, I get 3 copies of the same email notifying me. PMs I only get 1 notification but threads I get 3 and that is a little annoying if it's a popular thread.

That is most likely because you are somehow subscribed to the thread 3 times. I'm not sure how that happened, but its easy to fix, just go to that post that you are getting 3 emails for, click unsubscribe, then click subscribe again.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search