Timezone Changes - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Timezone Changes
Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:39 PM
I am in the process of making some big changes in the way the site handles time display. In the past you could select your timezone for the forum, but that had no effect on other areas such as private messages, which automatically defaulted to Pacific Time.

These changes have only one main difference as far as everyone is concerned, but I figured it was worth mentioning, lest I hear about people being confused about what happened. The timezone settings which were previously on the forum options page have been moved to the EDIT PROFILE page (accessible from your control panel). For new members, the timezone question is now asked during the registration process.

So to recap -
1. No more TIMEZONE setting on your forum options page, it has moved to your EDIT PROFILE page.
2. Time display in the forums and your PM inbox/folders now properly accounts for your timezone settings.
3. Not all places that display the time currently account for your selected timezone, but eventually they all will, as I am able to update each area.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:48 PM

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search