Loud wind noise - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Loud wind noise
Thursday, January 02, 2014 2:20 PM
This is bothering me, I do 95% of highway driving and there's this really loud wind noise at 60-80 MPH, almost like one of the windows is down..all of my windows is sealed up tight, what it could be?? WOuld be nice to go down the highway without this annoying noise..

Re: Loud wind noise
Thursday, January 02, 2014 2:32 PM
Take a look at the rubbers. The ones sealing the doors and also the one in the side mirrors
Thursday, January 02, 2014 4:48 PM
The door rubbers is pretty good, isn't cracked or anything but I haven't checked the side mirrors yet..
Thursday, January 02, 2014 9:07 PM
Check also the door mouldings (if it has) they must be attached very well ! Good luck!
Friday, January 03, 2014 5:39 AM
Tony Liceaga wrote:Check also the door mouldings (if it has) they must be attached very well ! Good luck!

I think he means the B pillars on the door. The black parts on the door. The part that the screws go into tend to break which allows them to pull out and catch wind.

FU Tuning

Friday, January 03, 2014 9:08 AM
I meant the ones on the door... Yup those giving dat' sport look ( just like yours 'addicted to meth' just after the z24 logo ) believe it or not, wind goes inside the car making that annoying noise when they aren't well attached to the door...
Friday, January 03, 2014 7:59 PM
I checked everything I could and it's on the door pretty firmly...and the wind noise still persist.
Saturday, January 04, 2014 8:23 AM
Maybe windshield isn't glued in all the way? I heard of that happening before? I know the outside rubber on my drivers door gets caught and doesn't seal properly. I just turn the stereo up.... Even if you fix it by hand, I still get a little road/wind noise, not sure how much you get but thats what makes cavaliers cheap.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Saturday, January 04, 2014 9:11 AM
Pretty sure it's the driver's side, if I turn the radio way up, I still hear the annoying noise in my left ear..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search