what to do with all this money?!?!?! - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what to do with all this money?!?!?!
Sunday, March 16, 2014 8:42 PM
Sooo my cavy got hit in the parking lot by a big f250 while it was parked.
very little damage I was able to fix it myself. Still the insurance company gave me 2300

What should I do to my car with this money??
My interior is stock so im thinking something there and maybe paint. I dunno what would you do?

2002 cavy 2.2 ecotec m62 Getrag trans

Re: what to do with all this money?!?!?!
Sunday, March 16, 2014 9:31 PM
If the car is in need of fresh paint I would consider this.The remaining I think I would just save for any repairs later down the line.Paint is not cheap if done correctly and may eat up a big part of the funds as it is.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 9:35 PM
Besides the obvious of routine maintenance or working out the kinks that some cars have.
Perhaps.... TVS?

Sunday, March 16, 2014 10:00 PM
Well, I'd say money toward a new car...

I'd still maybe about half that away, and depending on what you have done-just upgrade it a bit. Make it fun to handle. Or if you have some stuff already, grab some buddies, find some used parts, and make it a bit faster.....

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Monday, March 17, 2014 2:52 AM
put it in the bank and save it for bad times....

Monday, March 17, 2014 5:18 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:put it in the bank and save it for bad times....

X2 very good advice, I actually had something similar done just before winter... I parked my car on the street and a minivan backed into it. I wasn't home at the time but the lady left a note. To avoid dealing with insurance, We just did a cash settlement. The ding on the door is hardly noticeable, but body shops still wanted $1700+ to fix it, mainly for blending the paint. I may look at getting a door from the junk yard or try fixing it myself but not too worried right now. The extra money went into savings to go towards a down payment on a house this spring.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Monday, March 17, 2014 11:43 PM
My car money stays with my cars haha. Like i have 2 budgets my life budget and my car budget. My car budget just got bigger haha
Now on the paint... I'm not looking to be a show stopper would a maco job look okay? I just have the typical clear coat problems

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:42 AM
Tom Tom wrote:My car money stays with my cars haha. Like i have 2 budgets my life budget and my car budget. My car budget just got bigger haha
Now on the paint... I'm not looking to be a show stopper would a maco job look okay? I just have the typical clear coat problems

Nothing at all wrong with that, so long as the life budget is properly funded.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:08 PM
I decided to buy a mega squirt some racing buckets and a paint job.
wish me luck on the mega squirt. Look for "supercharged cavy with huge electrical problems" in the classifieds section. :p ;0

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search