Idea about a new thread. - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Idea about a new thread.
Monday, May 26, 2014 12:06 PM
So on another forum they have a thread about free or cheap mods. It's mostly stuff that's discussed in other stickied threads stuff that would be the equivalent of clearing the HVAC controls, debadging and removing stickers stuff like that.

The idea is that people don't usually read the stickies but when they see the words free or cheap they will read it and you get less of the usual newbie posts about some of that stuff and they are less likely to post about what CAI will get them MOAR POWAR because that thread keeps them busy.

I was just going to post it but I figured that it might be better to ask/explain so there aren't as many of the... How can I put this,,,,, witty replys? Plus I wasn't sure where to post the thread either since I'm not quite sure where it would fall and the general forum doesn't seem to get a ton of activity.

So what do you think?

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.

Re: Idea about a new thread.
Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:06 AM
There are no cheap or free mods worth doing to our cars. You are better off reading the sticky's and going from there.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:04 AM
I'm don't mean turbo or supercharging a car for cheap just things to keep people busy with stuff they can do with their car ps so you get less of this for example

03 sunfire how to

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:19 AM
I'm not saying it has to be huge performance mods but like I said in my first post clearing the climate control knobs and debadging or the DRL disable. I get that these are all in the stickies in the different forums but 1 some of the links don't work anymore and 2 most newbies don't look at the stickies. The idea is that people see free or cheap and they'll click it and then if you link to the stickied threads for the info or instructions they are more likely to look there first in the future. Also by cheap I don't mean it has to be less than 10 bucks but maybe $100 or 150 or less and there are a lot of things you can do for less than 150 dollars each.

Everyone is always telling people to search for stuff because there are 75939573728495938 posts on the same topic and if you search most of those yes there are millions of threads but 99% all are just telling people to search. This way you have less repeat posts cluttering up the forums and it's a lot easier to find something you're looking for.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search