Ummm wtf hahn? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Ummm wtf hahn?
Tuesday, May 06, 2014 7:14 PM
I would just like to hear from them and at least hear their reasoning for no communication or updates. (Other than it's the busy season BS) And see when when it would be shipped and decide after that if I want my money back or not. It just amazes me that a company can offer really really expensive products and have no customer service at all. They gladly took my money and gave me no confirmation or anything of the sort. If you can't handle selling the products why don't you get more employees or simply stop trying to sell them. Not impressed with this company at all. I am still going to hold out and see if I hear back. Will probably call again tomorrow

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 3:03 AM
Any luck?

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 5:07 AM
Akizzem- I forwarded this thread to Bill Hahn Jr. himself (owner of HRC) over on facebook. Hopefully he can help you get it all sorted out.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 2:07 PM
Sorry i haven't gotten back. I got a call a couple Fridays ago that the kit was ready to be shipped, I was pretty happy, it just sucked that I had no idea when I would get that call cause no one was responding to my emails. I got through to them and it was shipped and I received it way faster than I thought I would. Everything looks great in the kit all very professionally laid out. I have no complaints there. The install will be this weekend. The only thing I'm a little unsure of is the fmu the kit came with is different than the one in the instructions, It came with a check valve but I think it says in the instructions not to install it? Idk I'm sure we will figure it tho. Overall very happy with everything just wish there would have been more communication during the transaction. Thanks James for trying to help out!

Side note - got my new replacement hood and fender on, having the body shop put on the ls sport skirts I have and paint match the mirrors in door handles, should be done with paint in a week or so
Monday, May 26, 2014 5:15 AM
Glad to see you got your stuff, and no problem at all bud, don't want anyone losing money on parts, and at the same time didn't want a homegrown American business who supplies parts for J-bodies to flounder in quality or service.

Speaking of the company, Mr. Bill Hahn himself assured me that this was a big water shed of bad circumstance that put this situation in motion, they were essentially down to 1 or 2 employees for almost 2 months due to family emergencies and sick employees, all while dealing with setting up a new shop and getting production rolling again. He was very very sorry this has happened, and is working to make sure that it never happens again.

I believe that to be a genuine and sincere sentiment, Ive never had any problems in my past dealings with HRC, or my pestering of Mr. Hahn himself over random Ecotec information and turbo questions as hes always willing to help me even when I'm not buying something, so lets chock it up to a bad timing issue and hope its not a problem again.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 9:40 AM
That's understandable, I, in no way dislike the company or think it's bad by any means I was just kinda in the dark for a while and didn't care for that too much. With that being said it's all good now they got me everything and I'm very satisfied!! I just installed the kit over the weekend and it's all good except the fmu. I've been searching and reading on other forums too around google but there's just no clear info on it. Maybe you guys could help this is how I have it set up.

Manifold - T - BOV - fmu

I disconnected vaccum source adjust idle to 35. Connected the hose it dropped to like 19. Tried adjusting it higher, still goes to like 20. I have the check valve on the needle valve. It vents, but won't let air in. I have the needle valve open 2 turns.

It just doesn't seem right. I didn't use the restrictor? Could that be it? Thanks
Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:46 PM
Not good took it to a shop and opened the hood and fuel was pouring out of a small hole on the bottom of the begi regulator they gave me. The hole is supposed to be there but nothing goes to it. So I think the fmu is broken so I had to put the stock regulator back on. And drive it like 30mph all the way home. What could be wrong with the fmu? Are the diaphragms broken? Hahns all closed up now but this sucks cause I can't use my car
Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:06 PM
i sent bill a message for you

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 10:21 PM
Thanks I hope I can talk to them soon and see what I can do about it. I'm not sure if it was something I did or what. It wasn't leaking all morning when I was messing with it then when I got to the shop they looked at it, it was. If we tilted the fmu on it's side it would stop but as soon as you put it flat it would leak again. Quite the learning expierence so far
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 2:10 PM
Well tried to call hahn today no one answered. Still no replys to my email I sent yesterday morning either. I think I don't really have a choice but to buy a new fmu from begi cause who knows how long it will take to even get ahold of hahn. Which fmu is it though? The aftermarket turbo and supercharger one? I don't even know if that would work cause I think hahn changes something on them. Idk this sucks, dead in the water and no customer service to back it up.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search