Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Sunday, July 13, 2014 5:19 PM


Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Sunday, July 13, 2014 5:37 PM
joe satriani wrote:

strat81 wrote:

Because my riced out cavalier eats cars 2-3 times it's price on an autox course...


and bikes own most cars on the course, doesn't matter

Any car, if you put enough money into it, can be made to be faster than cars that are stock, is common sense

You can put NOS, and win most races

Also, you say you cavalier is faster than cars that are 3 times it's price, but only because their cars are not modded like yours, or at least not as heavily modded as yours, such as having a turbo, etc

Do you really think a cavalier is going to beat a car that comes with more stock HP, and is heavily modded as yours? lol

only reason you would win, is because yours is more modded than the other car

If both start out at similar HP and torque, it makes sense, the most modded car will win

If you compete with a stock car that already comes with 250hp from factory, and is heavily modded with turbo, nos, and so many other @!#$, how could you win? lol


So much wrong with this post. 1. just "putting in NOS" won't win an autox course. You obviously don't know what those events involve. 2 he never said it was faster just that it won. 3 just because a car is "better" than another car doesn't automatically mean it will win racing is all about the drivers ability first and the car second. If that wasn't the case there wouldn't be any races just people would show up dyno they're cars get all the statistics and whoever had the best numbers would win. 4 it's not the amount of mods but the quality and performance of them. Can you buy hundreds of cheap low quality "ebay mods" install them and beat a car with a few high quality high performance modifications? No, it just won't happen.

But go ahead just keep digging deeper into that hole you're in. Maybe you'll convince all of us that the j body is complete crap and they'll just shut the site down.

Seriously and respectfully though I want to know what your point is on coming to a website specifically about j body cars to bash j body cars. Do you think you're going to prove a point to anyone, these are all people who like j body's and enjoy working on them. No one ever said they were the best car in the world and no one is forcing you to modify your car. If you don't want to spend the amount of money on your car that other people have then don't. Plenty of people have hobbies that cost just as much as this and have absolutely no return on the investment.

Rock climbers like myself spend over 200 dollars on ropes they know will have to be retired in a few years time 100-150 dollars on shoes that will wear out in a few months time. There's also hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of gear they will buy only to retire it in a few months or years. Do you want to go tell them to stop rock climbing too?

No one was bothering you why do you feel the need to stir up trouble?


2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.
Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Sunday, July 13, 2014 6:11 PM
I know quite a few people that have modded cars heavily with only ebay mods and can beat some high end modded cars. The parts may not last long or be as good as high end ones. A lot of them get the job done if you research. Almost all parts cheap and high end are sold on ebay so better get your info right.




On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Sunday, July 13, 2014 6:29 PM
joe satriani wrote:



If both start out at similar HP and torque, it makes sense, the most modded car will win

If you compete with a stock car that already comes with 250hp from factory, and is heavily modded with turbo, nos, and so many other @!#$, how could you win? lol


Thats why I race cars that started out with LOWER hp than what im making. I started with a 140whp car, they started with a 300hp car. I now beat those cars AND my car is still cheaper to modify and own than what they BOUGHT THEIR STOCK CAR FOR... My 2004 Cavalier is faster than my dads 2010 2SS camaro.... I have less than the $40k into my car and its still faster... nuff said.



Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Sunday, July 13, 2014 7:36 PM
People constantly confuse my car for a corvette so I think the jbody is a good choice.
Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Monday, July 14, 2014 4:41 AM
I think Joe Satriani needs to stick to being a guitar god and leave the J body scene to the rest of us.





Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 6th quickest Ecotec on the .org -12.453 @ 116.45 MPH!!!

Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Monday, July 14, 2014 5:51 AM
joe satriani wrote:

You can put NOS, and win most races
Bwahahahahahah. Fucking idiot. This right here shows that you understand absolutely jack shit about building any car.


Seriously jackass, you need to get a life. I'm guessing that you're the same shithead that signed up last year under the name grgegre grgegr and posted similar rants. Just because you bought a cheap car and expected everything you wanted to do to it to be cheap, and then got a bitchslap of cold, hard reality, doesn't mean it's the wrong choice for anyone else. Get over yourself and let it go. You've got a lot of hatred toward what other people do over your own stupid ideas.






Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Monday, July 14, 2014 1:28 PM
i dis agree about the fact that people dont notice. my car is lowered and didnt cost me no 1000 bucks i got gently used sportlines for 50 bucks and basic monroe struts for around 400 installed them my self because its easy. people at my shop always ask who has the cavalier and say it looks nice ans sits nice your just a troll buddy
Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:51 AM
Dustin Bourque wrote:

i dis agree about the fact that people dont notice. my car is lowered and didnt cost me no 1000 bucks i got gently used sportlines for 50 bucks and basic monroe struts for around 400 installed them my self because its easy. people at my shop always ask who has the cavalier and say it looks nice ans sits nice your just a troll buddy


just because you got the parts for cheap doesn't make it the norm

the cost for the 2 parts is at least $800

I have searched everywhere for them, they are nowhere to be found for cheaper, not even on forums like this one, maybe they pop up once in a while, and the person simply sells them at pawn shop, or online very quickly
Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:28 AM
joe satriani wrote:



just because you got the parts for cheap doesn't make it the norm

the cost for the 2 parts is at least $800

I have searched everywhere for them, they are nowhere to be found for cheaper, not even on forums like this one, maybe they pop up once in a while, and the person simply sells them at pawn shop, or online very quickly


Translation as follows: (read in whiny 5 year olds voice)

That's not faaaaaaiiiiiiirrr. Why can't I get cheap stuff too! I have to be a jerk online because I can't find anything for my car.


2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.
Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:58 PM
Because when people saw my car 8 years ago, the younger crowd thought it looked cool.
Because when people see my car 2 years ago, they thought it was pretty much stock.
Because when people saw my car now, they all want to run and hide once they look at her smile!
Attachments
Silver Front Bumper.jpg (23k)
Car.jpg (26k)
SUNP0038.jpg (20k)


Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:21 PM
Easy answer because we want to. Dont like it STFU and GTFA!!



FU Tuning



Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:48 PM
Hard to believe this retard is almost 40
Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:20 PM
And apparently still a idiot.



Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:40 PM
obvious troll is obvious





Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:44 PM






Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 8:24 PM
joe satriani wrote:



At the end of the day, its your car, and you can do whatever you want.


Joe, you answered your own question in your rant. Now, if you are still lost, you'll find the troll food on aisle 9 next to the bread.









Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:48 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) wrote:










http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Sunday, May 17, 2015 1:58 PM
when it will be our turn guys?
Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 10:26 PM
hahaha, this guy is a piece of work isn't he? I know im really late on this post im just cruising thru the forums and seen this. hey joe, one thing you may not understand is people LIKE BUILDING THERE OWN CARS! I bought my cavalier by pure choice, not because I didn't have the money, 2 hours before I bought my cavalier I was test driving a BRAND NEW ford focus ST. let me give you a run down as to why I chose my cavalier. a) its a cheap vehicle to maintain. b) its cheap all the way around c) anything the ST had, I could have in this cavalier but better for less than the price that I would have in this cavalier, @!#$ ill even put a brand new BUILT LD9 in with that and still be saving money. why in the world would I go spend 30,000 dollars on a car to go fast now, instead of buying a car almost just as clean for 2500 dollars, put 10 grand in it and guess what? I can do that TWICE for what I would of paid for that focus, and it'll still be just as fast if not faster. you have to be the dumbest person on the face of the earth to come to a forum where people love there cars and care for them just like they would their dogs, and sit here and say they are dumb. dude cavaliers are coming back, ive done little to no mods on my car since ive got it, ive put close to 5 thousand miles on it and I could get my money back and still drove a car for 5 thousand miles for next to nothing.. would I rather have a corvette? eff yes I would, could I afford one? probably. why did I buy a cavalier? it fits my life. just like everyone on this forum im a very proud owner of my car, it has rust, its not buy any means a Lamborghini, but that's just it, I didnt want to daily drive a Lamborghini I wanted to daily drive a cavalier. get over yourself you're a waste of space.
Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Sunday, November 22, 2015 9:50 AM
I just picked up a 5 speed 01 z24 to commute to new york every week for work. I've been daily driving thirdgen trans ams and camaros for the past 3 years so when I got this I was amazed at how incredibly slow it was. I personally wouldn't go crazy modifying it just because I like how reliable and good on gas it is. parts are super cheap as well. I also find body kits, wings, decals, and all that stuff to be tacky on cars but I have seen some clean looking body kits on some member's cars on here. Money, knowledge and hard work can make any car handle and respond well and that's why I respect people who make these cars sleepers. while 10 times out of 10 I will think ridiculous spoilers, body kits, neons, and decals are rice but if that's what the owner wants then so be it, its his car not mine.

Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Sunday, November 22, 2015 3:34 PM
Back from the dead....
Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Thursday, December 03, 2015 2:21 AM
My 04 is the 2nd cavvy I've owned. I love this one as much as the 01 i had prior.

The cavvy is a cheap car, but man do they run. Both of mine have been excellent. Very reliable, great on gas and let me tell you this, for a stock NA 4 cylinder, the 2.2 ecotec has some juice! I'm very impressed by it to be honest.

By the way, my 04 has over 141k in it and runs like a watch. The interior is in good shape, it's not falling apart. The dash is not cracked, carpet still in good shape. Paint is nice yet too.

If you take care of things and don't abuse them they will last. OP, if you don't like J bodies then sell yours and buy something else! But don't bash those like us who like our cars.

Btw, with the way mine runs stock/auto, i can totally see how one on boost would really run!
Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Thursday, December 03, 2015 2:27 AM
Ps, at a former job where i was a tech, we had several cavs in our fleet with 230-240k miles+ that we never touched the engine or trans on except routine maintenance. That experience really made me a j body fan.

But they are total cheap junk, right Joe?
Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Friday, January 01, 2016 8:19 PM
96 convertible. Just love the look. My choice, my opinion.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search