Anyone want my car?? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone want my car??
Saturday, July 05, 2014 7:16 PM
I know there's pretty much no traffic here anymore, but I figure this is worth a shot.

I put my car up on the local Craigslist and Kijiji listings and got ZERO responses. Maybe I'm asking too much. I don't know.

What I DO know is that insurance companies here in Ontario don't look kindly on modded cars. I tried to practically give it to my sister for my nephew but her insurance quote ended up being over a grand a month.

So I'm really just wondering what the heck I'm supposed to do with it. Do people in the States have the same issues with insurance? Should I be trying to sell it down there?

Is there anyone here that might want it? I'm willing to let it go pretty cheap if I think the new owner will appreciate it and enjoy it. It's got 118k km's on it (73k miles) so there's plenty of life left. I just don't have room to keep it.

If I had a place to store it, I'd keep it for myself and use it every now and then. As it is though... I want to buy a Boxster so I need it out of the garage.

Any suggestions? Do I just cancel the insurance, light it on fire, and then sell it to a scrapper?

Re: Anyone want my car??
Saturday, July 05, 2014 8:58 PM
If I was in a better job situation, I'd jump on it in a minute....but that could change if the search ends soon...

I'll talk it up around here to see what I can do....

Hopefully we can find her a good home!

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Sunday, July 06, 2014 9:11 AM
Much appreciated. Someone should get a lot of fun out of this car. I just don't think it will be someone near me.

Sunday, July 06, 2014 11:48 AM
I love your car, and i would totally take it off your hands if only i had a place to park it...
Sunday, July 06, 2014 1:18 PM
you got any pics?

Monday, July 07, 2014 12:36 AM
i would take that car in a heart beat if i could afford it.

Monday, July 07, 2014 5:26 AM
Always loved your fire... Might try selling it in the jbody Facebook groups.

Monday, July 07, 2014 6:55 AM
zee2euce4our wrote:you got any pics?

Yep... tons of pics. There's some in my registry, and plenty here on my website: http://www.wildweasel.ca/CarBlog2.aspx

I appreciate the comments guys. By all means spread the word. I'd even be willing to deliver far and wide just for the fun of the trip, provided I could get home somehow though it would be tough to decide to buy a car without seeing it in person first.

It's really a shame. I'm doing well enough to get a new car... but not well enough to buy a new house with a bigger garage.

Monday, July 07, 2014 6:59 AM
Like said your best bet is probably on the facebook groups.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, July 07, 2014 8:45 AM
Now I gotta figure out how to use Facebook groups.

I only joined Facebook a couple weeks ago. Seriously.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:02 AM
Give it to me. I'll give you $1,000,000 Canadian. That's like $37 US dollars. But seriously how much are you asking?

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:22 AM
Roofy wrote:Give it to me. I'll give you $1,000,000 Canadian. That's like $37 US dollars. But seriously how much are you asking?

I'm asking $6k. Certainly I'll take a bit less than that though. Below around $5k though, I might as well try to part it out and scrap the rest.

It's a shame considering how low mileage it is.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:00 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:
Roofy wrote:Give it to me. I'll give you $1,000,000 Canadian. That's like $37 US dollars. But seriously how much are you asking?

I'm asking $6k. Certainly I'll take a bit less than that though. Below around $5k though, I might as well try to part it out and scrap the rest.

It's a shame considering how low mileage it is.

I would love to, but I'm trying ti buy Ian Lacey's old cav right now. It is currently blown up.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:02 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:
I would love to, but I'm trying ti buy Ian Lacey's old cav right now. It is currently blown up.

Nothing at all wrong with mine. Runs like a charm! Ian will understand...

Hell... if you prefer a Cav... get his as a shell... get mine for all the running gear and what not... and build your dream Cav.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search