Essential mods for every J body. - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Essential mods for every J body.
Saturday, July 19, 2014 12:31 PM
This is for modifications that should be done on every j body it doesn't have to be expensive stuff but there are a few things I think should be done right away. Here's my list:

Removing stickers. This includes dealer stickers on the trunk, old bumper stickers from the previous owner, any of the child safety lock stickers or that stuff on the side windows and the stickers on the visors too.
The visors are pretty easy just unscrew them from the headliner and use a hair dryer to make the label come off easier. Everything else I like to use goo gone spray gel. Just spray it on the sticker let it sit and peel them off then rinse with water.

Repainting exterior trim and wiper arms (mirrors, window trim, etc. )

This makes a huge difference in the look of the car it's a lot cleaner afterward even if you just use a cheap spraypaint it will look a ton better.

For sedans the rear window stopper delete. That requires no explanation as to why you should do that.

Restoring headlights. There's nothing worse that the look of fogged up headlights.

Debadging. You don't have to do all of them but cavalier trunks look a lot better without the badges.

Those are a few things I think should be done how about you all.

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.

Re: Essential mods for every J body.
Sunday, July 20, 2014 4:36 AM
For me, the best bang for the buck mod I did to the Sunflower was a rear sway bar.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Re: Essential mods for every J body.
Sunday, August 10, 2014 2:43 PM
I agree with each and every thing backpacker listed. The best part is that all those things are cheap or technically free and very easy to do, but they make a huge difference. Also, they apply to every vehicle, not just J-Bodies.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search