Let's talk tickets/run-ins with the law - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Let's talk tickets/run-ins with the law
Thursday, November 06, 2014 4:28 AM
As many car enthusiasts will find out, a down side to our hobby (if you lack the self control to keep your foot off the gas) is the driving record that goes along with it. I'm curious to know what are some of the things you've been pulled over for? Maybe the worst thing you've been pulled over for or maybe you were doing something really stupid and the cop let you off with a warning. I'll go ahead and start with what prompted this post. Last night I was doing 66 in what I thought for sure was a 55 and of course I drove by a county officer sitting in a cut off and he turned on his headlights and proceed to pull me over. When he asked if I knew what the posted speed limit was I told him 55 as that's what I thought it was however he informed me that the posted speed limit was 45. At this point I thought for sure he was going to write me for reckless (anything over 20 in the state of Virginia is reckless) but luckily he wrote me for general speeding instead. So with that out of the way, let's hear yours.

Re: Let's talk tickets/run-ins with the law
Thursday, November 06, 2014 5:57 AM
This morning on my way to school, some guy (typical suit-wearing rich guy; drove a big Prosche SUV) followed me out of a development that's right behind my school, that I usually cut through every morning to save some time, and reported me for "speeding" to my school officer. I wasn't written a ticket, because I noted the lack of proof that I was speeding. Closest I've ever come to a ticket so far.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search