Testing new site feature - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Testing new site feature
Thursday, December 04, 2014 2:55 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:So Dave is the Picture of you next to your Name a new feature?

LOL was just about to call that out!

I dig the new setup by the way. Way easier to navigate.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Thursday, December 04, 2014 3:29 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:So Dave is the Picture of you next to your Name a new feature?

It is the beginning of a new feature. If you have a Gravatar you can have that on your posts too. Just head over to the forum options page, and click the "Use my Gravatar in my posts" box. If you don't have a Gravatar you can head over to http://www.gravatar.com/ and create one. Your gravatar is tied to your email address, so as long as your email address in your profile matches your Gravatar, you are good to go.

In the future you will be able to upload an avatar image directly to your profile, and possibly some other options that I'm toying with.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Friday, December 05, 2014 11:27 AM
Dave wrote:
James Cahill wrote:I like the ease of getting to different forums, but I miss the ability to see the latest posts at a glance. With the old style, FF mobile in portrait view requires too many presses of the back button to easily get back to the "forum home". I'm going to have to give it a few more days of use to get used to it and see how it compares.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Can you explain a bit better?

In this screenshot, I like being able to see the latest posts. Maybe I didn't see it, but I couldn't do that with the latest change you made. I do like the ability to easily see all the forums at once without having to scroll all the way to the bottom, below the reply box.
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-12-05-13-23-20.png (210k)

Friday, December 05, 2014 12:17 PM
Well, look at that...

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, December 05, 2014 12:33 PM
James Cahill wrote:In this screenshot, I like being able to see the latest posts. Maybe I didn't see it, but I couldn't do that with the latest change you made. I do like the ability to easily see all the forums at once without having to scroll all the way to the bottom, below the reply box.

If you want to see that page, just click (tap?) on Forum Home in the sidebar. Its up near the top so you don't even have to scroll.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Saturday, December 06, 2014 6:22 PM
Dave wrote:

It is the beginning of a new feature. If you have a Gravatar you can have that on your posts too. Just head over to the forum options page, and click the "Use my Gravatar in my posts" box. If you don't have a Gravatar you can head over to http://www.gravatar.com/ and create one. Your gravatar is tied to your email address, so as long as your email address in your profile matches your Gravatar, you are good to go.

In the future you will be able to upload an avatar image directly to your profile, and possibly some other options that I'm toying with.

Very cool!

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search