The loss of a site Member - - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The loss of a site Member -
Friday, December 19, 2014 5:31 PM
Hey everyone, I am new to the site. I created an account because I thought you all might like to know what has happened. Jeremy Ranstead (thetieguy) was killed early this morning 12/19/14 when he crossed the centerline and collided with the rear of a tandom semi.

As a site member of another forum, I know how often members create friendships. As my name suggests, I own a camaro. I am on an f-body forum so understand the world of car enthusiasts.

I have known Jeremy since he was a tween. He is a good friend of my son's. He leaves behind two little girls and a fiance. I do not know if he had life insurance. Or what his auto will cover. If anyone would like to contact me further regarding any donations, please send me a message. I will try to check daily. I do not know where it would be sent but I am sure once funeral arrangements are made a fund might be set up and the funeral home would have that information.

One person states in comments that her husband saw the accident happen and that Jeremy started to slide. Roads were being reported as icy.

From one car enthusiast to another, I ask that you all remember Jeremy and say a prayer for his family and friends. I also ask that you all take time to slow down and remember that it is always better to arrive late than risk your life on dangerous roads.

Here is a link to the headlines regarding the accident. I will post more as I know of them.
http://www.elkharttruth.com/news/crime-fire-courts/2014/12/19/Semi-truck-passenger-car-crash-on-S-R-15-kills-at-least-one-person.html

You can also search, Jeremy Ranstead and you will find the articles. This happened in Osceola Indiana.

BTW... if anyone wants to verify my credentials, you can inquire about me ... same username... on Z28.com. I have not been on for a while but many members and admins will know how I am and have met me personally at gatherings.

Re: The loss of a site Member -
Saturday, December 20, 2014 5:35 PM
I do not know him, but that sucks to hear.

Best wishes to his family.

FU Tuning

Sunday, December 21, 2014 4:59 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:I do not know him, but that sucks to hear.

Best wishes to his family.

X2. Thanks for taking the time to post up here.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, March 20, 2015 9:19 PM
Thanks for posting, hopefully there are good supports for his family and friends. I am deeply sorry for your loss.
Sunday, March 22, 2015 8:33 AM
I was going to post back when but never did. I live in the area and iirc the roads were not icey on that night. I saw this a day or 2 after OP posted and I thought back. unless random black ice? I suspected driver mistake, falling asleep at the wheel, or alcohol was involved. anyway just a posibility as I don't know 100% but I'm 95% certain that the roads were bone dry... we had snow mid november then it went away from december - nearly christmas then we had long winter - snow just melted couple weeks ago. I try to only drive my cav when theres no salt/slop. anyway my family and I were sorry to hear about the accident as they saw the article too. I told them he was a member on this site.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search