I need help finding a tail light!!! - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need help finding a tail light!!!
Monday, April 27, 2015 8:44 AM
So I just recently bought a 1998 cavalier and the car is shaved. The gas cap was moved behind the passenger tail light and the tail light is on a hinge. The hinge is bad so the tail light was not secure on it and I was headed to my girlfriend's one day and we I got there I was informed that I had no tail light assembly. I guess it had fallen off as I was driving down the road. I have been looking for a replacement tail light but nothing looks like mine and I also can't find the hinge. I don't think that the tail light is even an aftermarket cavalier tail light I think it is aftermarket for another car. Some one please help me find the tail light and hinge please!!

Re: I need help finding a tail light!!!
Monday, April 27, 2015 8:56 AM
Seth Glotzbach wrote:So I just recently bought a 1998 cavalier and the car is shaved. The gas cap was moved behind the passenger tail light and the tail light is on a hinge. The hinge is bad so the tail light was not secure on it and I was headed to my girlfriend's one day and we I got there I was informed that I had no tail light assembly. I guess it had fallen off as I was driving down the road. I have been looking for a replacement tail light but nothing looks like mine and I also can't find the hinge. I don't think that the tail light is even an aftermarket cavalier tail light I think it is aftermarket for another car. Some one please help me find the tail light and hinge please!!

Got a pic of said tail light?
Monday, April 27, 2015 9:14 AM
Yes but they won't upload
Monday, April 27, 2015 9:33 AM
Seth Glotzbach wrote:Yes but they won't upload

I use photobucket to upload my pics. Never had an issue.
Monday, April 27, 2015 10:04 AM
That's the hinge
Attachments
20150427_111753_zpspwdodyxq_edit_1430153214435.jpg (1458k)

Monday, April 27, 2015 10:06 AM
Monday, April 27, 2015 11:01 AM
That's a Celica tail light...circa 00+.
Monday, April 27, 2015 11:35 AM
Any idea where I could get the hinge
Monday, April 27, 2015 11:49 AM
The hinge is a fuel door hinge...I'm not sure what it's from though. I'd hit up a junkyard and check a couple from various cars and trucks.
Monday, April 27, 2015 11:52 AM
Jason Stroud wrote:The hinge is a fuel door hinge...I'm not sure what it's from though. I'd hit up a junkyard and check a couple from various cars and trucks.

Edit: It's a MODIFIED fuel door hinge.
Monday, April 27, 2015 12:05 PM
Jason Stroud wrote:
Jason Stroud wrote:The hinge is a fuel door hinge...I'm not sure what it's from though. I'd hit up a junkyard and check a couple from various cars and trucks.

Edit: It's a MODIFIED fuel door hinge.

Also, because it is a modified hinge, I would try to repair it versus replacing it to make sure it works properly.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search