Chevy cavalier 04 vs Nissan sentra 05 1.8s? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Chevy cavalier 04 vs Nissan sentra 05 1.8s?
Wednesday, December 30, 2015 2:43 PM
Which one is faster? assuming both are stock and automatic

The sentra has a 1.8 motor that produces 126 @ 6000 RPM HP and 129 @ 2400 RPM torque

Re: Chevy cavalier 04 vs Nissan sentra 05 1.8s?
Wednesday, December 30, 2015 6:04 PM
Cavalier has 140hp and 150 tq. More power but is 200 lbs or so heavier. But I also have a 03 sunfire with the ecotec and a 1.8 sentra. Sunfire is faster
Wednesday, December 30, 2015 6:21 PM
Jake Wingett wrote:Cavalier has 140hp and 150 tq. More power but is 200 lbs or so heavier. But I also have a 03 sunfire with the ecotec and a 1.8 sentra. Sunfire is faster

Yeah, the cavalier is probably a big faster, but in this range I don't think it really matters, both cars are slow. The sentra that I got looks better than my old cavalier, so I finally can drive something I can live with, and not be ashamed of having cracked interior, and clearcoat delamination.

I loved the cavalier, I had many memories in it, but I didn't like the quality of it. This sentra ain't anything great, but just a little better, so I will continue saving money and hopefully someday, get a nice newer car
Thursday, December 31, 2015 7:00 AM
joe satriani wrote:
Jake Wingett wrote:Cavalier has 140hp and 150 tq. More power but is 200 lbs or so heavier. But I also have a 03 sunfire with the ecotec and a 1.8 sentra. Sunfire is faster

Yeah, the cavalier is probably a big faster, but in this range I don't think it really matters, both cars are slow. The sentra that I got looks better than my old cavalier, so I finally can drive something I can live with, and not be ashamed of having cracked interior, and clearcoat delamination.

I loved the cavalier, I had many memories in it, but I didn't like the quality of it. This sentra ain't anything great, but just a little better, so I will continue saving money and hopefully someday, get a nice newer car

I personally like my sunfire/cavalier better. To each his own I guess. Don't hate the sentra though. Just with the 1.8 watch for head gasket issues
Thursday, December 31, 2015 11:43 AM
Jake Wingett wrote:
joe satriani wrote:

I personally like my sunfire/cavalier better. To each his own I guess. Don't hate the sentra though. Just with the 1.8 watch for head gasket issues

there isn't much difference in power between the two. I also prefer the cavalier, but only if it was the LS version with 16 inch wheels, power windows and doors, but I had the most basic cavalier ever, and considering this sentra comes with all these power things I always wanted. If I had the LS cavalier, I wouldn't have changed cars
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search