Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier? - Page 3 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Why are you still trying to modify the cavalier?
Saturday, January 02, 2016 12:04 PM
GsCav . wrote:Ps, at a former job where i was a tech, we had several cavs in our fleet with 230-240k miles+ that we never touched the engine or trans on except routine maintenance. That experience really made me a j body fan.

But they are total cheap junk, right Joe?

I never said they are not reliable, but they ARE total cheap junk, the quality is pathetic, all around

Also, if you search the webs, you will find how many thousands suffer from engine stall, some unknown problem, which nobody seems to figure out, even back in 2007, when the 2.2 cavalier was only 2-3 years old

just gotta love how everyone always has to point out how reliable they are, that's the only positive thing you could say about these cars, because everything is terrible. Some people luck out and their cavalier last 200k, while others it craps out for no reason in less than 80k, has nothing to do with maintenance. The internet is full of bad stories of these cars going quickly to @!#$ for no reason

Monday, January 25, 2016 8:41 AM
I totally understand what Joe is trying to say.. I was a member here a while back until I couldn't figure out my login info which I had to create. The guy that owns that yellow RS helped me locate some parts at a junkyard for me a while back. I owned a couple of J-Bodies vehicles and the last one I owned was a 1988 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Convertible that I gave it away in 2014. Here in Canada the parts for the j-bodies are extremely hard to find especially the exhaust system , engine parts and body parts. Anyway I spent tons of money into my Cavalier Convertibles going on Ebay and paying premium prices + shipping which it's crazy just for a J-body I own and I sank 8000$ and more into and the j-body and it will never ever go up in value. it's not an investment that you should throw money into it. I remember going to the junk yard and bought some cavalier convertible door for $300 for the pair!!! that's insane. Anyway I got rid of everything like parts and my cavaliers and bought an actually car that is a real investment and parts are available for my car. It's so awesome.. you look in a catalog and you drool since you can get any parts for it without worrying about going on craigslist or kijiji or getting screwed like I did on V6Z24 website..

The cavalier is a good commuter car but as the car gets older the parts are getting harder to find..
Sunday, March 13, 2016 1:42 PM
I honestly think the 3rd gen coupes with LS sport lips and a drop are still a great looking car.

I guess I'm one of those lucky people? Mine is 19 years old and 203,000 miles, runs like a champ. Original engine/trans/clutch.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search