Old School Check-in - Page 16 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Old School Check-in
Friday, June 15, 2012 7:50 PM
Izual Angel wrote:I'm still here, sort of. Still have the 99 Cavalier (with 240,000 miles.) Not much time for the .org lately, what with a family and all. And I still have my "2002 J-Bash" sticker covering a bunch of scratches on my trunk lid

Hey old timer! Dang, long time since I've seen your screen name.

Saturday, June 16, 2012 7:29 AM
Sadly, my Sunfire just sits in my garage these days. I totally understand how life comes first though.

There's been a lot of changes since I joined way back in 99 or 2000 or so. Got married... bought a house... changed jobs a few times...

I think I'll have the Sunfire out in another 2 years or so for one last hurrah before I have to figure how to clear up the space in my garage. I'm looking forward to it.

Sunday, June 17, 2012 12:35 PM
Yeah, I didn't die or anything. The car is fine, too. She's much happier in the desert than the rust belt :-) It's nice to know I'm remembered
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:49 AM
Member from 2002 here checking in! No longer a J-Owner, but I'm still kickin'. I do regret selling my Sunfire, though.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:56 AM
Wow, I was a newbie when this thread was started....

Joined up in 04, am still on my second J, though it was recently wrecked. Deciding between an 02 LS Sport and a 00 Celica GTS for the next car...

Sunday, July 15, 2012 5:33 PM
Wow, I'm surprised this thread is still going! Then again, I'm surprised I remember to come back to check it. I'm trying really hard to come back to the J world. My RX8 was totaled and now paid off so, now I need a daily that gets a little better MPG over a rotary!

~OPSE

Sunday, July 15, 2012 9:24 PM
OPSE (TX-RX8 chick) wrote:Wow, I'm surprised this thread is still going! Then again, I'm surprised I remember to come back to check it. I'm trying really hard to come back to the J world. My RX8 was totaled and now paid off so, now I need a daily that gets a little better MPG over a rotary!
but rotaries are so much fun... =P

Monday, July 16, 2012 8:00 AM
They are a ton of fun which is why I kept mine! Now it is a fun car. :o)

Before the Hummer H2 backed over me.

After the H2 raped me.

Now I need a daily driver and I really miss the J's (As odd as that sounds)

~OPSE

Monday, July 16, 2012 5:01 PM
Very nice, looks like you're getting upgrades out of it though.

I'm like the other way around... I have loads of money tied up in my J... and thus i daily drive a bone stock Acura...

Friday, July 20, 2012 8:16 PM
Nope, no upgrades for me. Back to stock is how I'm rolling for the moment. The seibon carbon fiber nose was destroyed. I found a nice LS sport looking for a new home. If it is stick, I may pick it up!

~OPSE

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:04 PM
I still check in and check out the posts from time to time. Signed up back in OCT of 01. Traded my 2nd J a few years ago for my solstice. I regret selling my 01 should have kept that as my daily driver looking for a new dd so i can stop driving this car. Seriously considering another J maybe a sunfire this time around.

Dave
Sideways is the best way to drive
07 Cool GXP
14.55 E/T
2.078 60'FT.

Friday, August 03, 2012 7:41 AM
It really sucks to be reading about people who regret selling their cars.

I still have mine... but I figure it'll be gone in the next 4 years. I want something new, and just don't have the room to store the Sunfire once I take the plunge.

*sigh*

It'll be the end of an era for me. I'm planning to get it back on the road for a year or so before I get rid of it though. One last hurrah...

Sorry to hear about the crash, OPSE! Is she getting put back together?

Friday, August 03, 2012 8:50 PM
Makes me think twice about selling the 2004...

Then again WW, could lead to something new.....

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Sunday, August 05, 2012 3:58 PM
My Sunfire sat for a year before I sold it because I was so attached even after I bought my new daily driver. That was 2 years ago & I don't regret it at all. My Sunfire was good at the time, but in scheme of things so basic & there are tons of better cars out there. I figured selling the car doesn't mean selling the memories. It doesn't hurt that my current daily has a turbo & 100 more HP

Friday, August 10, 2012 9:45 AM
i go threw the cycle of selling the car then decide to keep it, its worth to much to me to let it go, and ive done so much i dont trust it to someone else. So it just sits in the garage and gets worked on from time to time, >100 miles a year lol
Friday, August 10, 2012 3:28 PM
WHAT?

Only 106K mi on my 99 and I still drive it 5 days a week. ( I live blocks from my work)

Yay JBO!
Saturday, August 11, 2012 2:22 AM
I have been a member for almost 10 years. My first j was 98 z24 back in early 2000 loved the car it was a fun build. I am now working on a 03 cavalier sedan. Just started putting my turbo together. I love this site if you can't figure something out the answer is always here.
Sunday, August 12, 2012 10:30 PM
i sold my cav in 05, but have recently gotten back into them. I didnt come here until i absolutely had to, I was all about the RK boards. They were awesome. Nothing like rolling onto the camaro forum and bashing them, then going back to the j-body board and gloating about it....lol. Oh to be 18 again
Monday, August 13, 2012 12:47 PM
God...all these names bring back so many good memories. Most won't remember me but i've been here forever. The car still runs. In fact I just started it up yesterday to get it moved and the fuel line is leaking. Probably going to sell it to someone who needs a winter beater. We can't have 4 cars, just not practical anymore. But I replaced it with my 09 G8 GT with a few goodies on it. Sad though how much time we spend on these cars and one day they'll be gone just like that. I'll even use my old signature...just for old times sake.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:25 PM
STILL wish I had kept my Cav and found a way to fix it Had soooo many good times in that car.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, August 20, 2012 8:15 PM
Just came back on here after being gone for over 10 years. wow does this place look different from the last time I was here. I had a brand new '01 5 speed Z back in the day, 2 second gens before that. Traded in my '01 for a pickup when I bought my house. got rid of the pickup for a CTS-V last December. Decided I needed a a commuter car for my 50 mile trip to work and just picked up a 2003 5 speed LS Sport. It's good to be back, I always wish I kept my '01 along with my Silverado.

Friday, August 31, 2012 6:34 PM
. . so cool to see some of the same heads posting at 10+ years . . .

I just joined yesterday . . .

Thursday, September 06, 2012 8:51 PM
•Burp•, wow a lot of old names still in here. Just dropped in randomly, no more cavy here, still have my jbash shirt though, gets me through cutting the lawn and doing all my out door honey do list kinda stuff. Seems like most of the oldies are gone, no more accounts active etc. Good to see a few still around and about though. Man, over 10 years now. wah.
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 8:14 PM
I joined 12/2000 when I was helping a friend work on his parents' first gen Cavalier we stripped the belt on a week prior. I found this place while looking for belt diagrams and whatnot. Ended up buying the car from them a month or so later when my Nova went down for the count. I've owned over ten j-bodies since, from all generations and all body styles. Just love these little pieces of @!#$... go figure.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Saturday, December 01, 2012 9:41 PM
Wow, Good to see a few old time'ers left here I have been on in ages, mainly since i moved back to the W-body world. I do miss the old J-Body Bash's (was a staffer from 03-05) and it was a hellvua lot of fun, too many stories!!! I do still J parts laying around including a brand new Hahn racecraft turbo kit that i bought for my last sunfire and never got around to installing, Ive been threatening to buy another j just so i have something to put the kit on! lol.

Tara, I will love and miss you forever, you will never be forgotten
http://tara-nagel.memory-of.com/

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search