Old School Check-in - Page 19 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Old School Check-in
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:09 PM

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:07 PM
Tony Ellis wrote:

Nice!

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Saturday, April 12, 2014 9:13 AM
Hah, 11 years and I've not contributed much. Started with the 1990 Sunbird (Still have the old girl sitting around), moved to the Beretta, and soon I'll have my first 3rd gen =P.

--------------------------------------------

1990 Pontiac Sunbird // 1995 Beretta Base
Saturday, April 12, 2014 9:32 AM
Joined in '04 but I was a troll since '04 back in high school when I didnt have a Cav yet (had a '98 2.2L S10)

It beats a Honda!
Sunday, April 13, 2014 9:29 PM
Been here since 2003, I remember drooling over codered and big poppas rides, since then I have built 2 z24's and now I own a shop and all I drive now are mustangs. But I will always love the jbo community and thank you all for inspiring me to further my customizing skills, I love u guys!!

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af67/tntodc38107/droid.jpg
speed is only for those who use it, smoke or get smoked!!!
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:52 PM
For whatever reason I think I pop by once every 2-3 years. Cavalier is long gone, enjoying my E36/5 (it's not been the money pit that some people warned me it would be).

Justin
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:54 AM
It has bee a while started back on here in 99/00

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Sunday, May 18, 2014 12:55 PM
Guess I'll check in here.

Sadly, my car is now officially for sale. The end of an era.

Monday, May 19, 2014 7:38 PM
This good old site just wont die it seems. every time i check in on it it keeps on chugging along.

<~~~~PWN3D!!
Monday, May 19, 2014 10:52 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:Guess I'll check in here.

Sadly, my car is now officially for sale. The end of an era.[/quote ]

Yeah, I think we all get to a point sometimes....just a matter of time.

At some point rust will catch up with the wife's J, and I still haven't found much time for mine.

Gotta figure what I will do as well....

Yours has always been one of my faves though....

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Sunday, May 25, 2014 9:36 AM
Dave Z wrote:
Yours has always been one of my faves though....

I appreciate that. For what it's worth, it's as good now as it's ever been. Hasn't been driven regularly in years but I'm taking it out this summer for some fun before it's gone.

All the details on the sale are here, in case you can be tempted. http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=22&i=55032&t=55032

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 7:22 PM
But the new cars are so much more fun....^ 0_0.

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, June 09, 2014 5:54 PM
AEROGEARZ24 wrote:im still here you prob dont know me though... ive been here sence like late 99 or early 2000...

you know your old school on this site if you dont have a join date...lol

I've been here just as long as you since 99-00ish. I was wondering why my page didn't say my join date lol OG right here....
Friday, June 13, 2014 4:33 PM
I never joined. I was already here, and the site just grew around me.

Friday, June 13, 2014 10:45 PM
I miss the days of having to scroll back multiple pages to catch up if you didn't check in for more than a day or so....

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Saturday, June 21, 2014 8:42 PM
TRUTH!!!

Wild Weasel wrote:I never joined. I was already here, and the site just grew around me.

Junior
Saturday, June 21, 2014 8:55 PM
Mine is still alive and well Weas....

Cruise by

Getting on it... Love the sound of the supercharger...

Junior
Sunday, June 22, 2014 10:55 AM
Hey Junior!! Happy to see it's still going! How's life?

If I'm honest... I have almost no desire at all to sell mine. I just don't have a place to keep it.

I wish there were some member here who'd struck the lottery or something over the past decade and would take it for nostalgia's sake. Nothing would make me happier than to know it's going to a good home.

I tried to practically give it to my nephew or brother in law to keep it in the family but neither can afford the insurance.

Sunday, June 22, 2014 6:42 PM
Life is good man..... Can't complain at all.

I pulled mine out recently to see if it's a more cost effective solution to drive to work..... Sad isn't it?

Junior
Monday, June 23, 2014 5:35 AM
Fred, glad to see your still around, and the cav is still alive.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, June 23, 2014 7:34 AM
Junior wrote:Life is good man..... Can't complain at all.

I pulled mine out recently to see if it's a more cost effective solution to drive to work..... Sad isn't it?

Glad to hear it!!

I've also been considering selling my Mazda and going back to the Sunfire as a daily driver. I mean... if I can't find a buyer... I expect I could sell the Mazda easily and there's many years of life ahead for the Sunfire. It's only got 118k km's on it. It's obviously not as practical as the 4-door hatch... but I can live with that.

Just not sure I can sell the idea to my wife.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 5:57 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:
Junior wrote:Life is good man..... Can't complain at all.

Glad to hear it!!

I've also been considering selling my Mazda and going back to the Sunfire as a daily driver. I mean... if I can't find a buyer... I expect I could sell the Mazda easily and there's many years of life ahead for the Sunfire. It's only got 118k km's on it. It's obviously not as practical as the 4-door hatch... but I can live with that.

Just not sure I can sell the idea to my wife.

If I can convince the wife that a Camaro is a great daily...this can easily be done.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, June 25, 2014 6:19 AM
lol. Fair enough.

I would definitely have to swap the suspension back to something a bit more practical though. It would appear that my tastes in suspension feel have changed since my 20's.

When I drive it now, it's a ton of fun and I love that it feels like a racecar... but I definitely wouldn't want to live with that every day.

Friday, June 27, 2014 9:30 AM
snowblindburd wrote:Hah, 11 years and I've not contributed much. Started with the 1990 Sunbird (Still have the old girl sitting around), moved to the Beretta, and soon I'll have my first 3rd gen =P.

Sweet looking Beretta. Keep us posted on your 3rd gen when you get it - any plans for it?

Stikman29 wrote:Joined in '04 but I was a troll since '04 back in high school when I didnt have a Cav yet (had a '98 2.2L S10)

I see in your garage you also have a 2008 Cobalt SS SRTC - I have the exact same car:

The Cobalt is such a fun car - really makes the daily commute something I look forward to. Gets up and goes

The Z24 is going under the knife soon - will post up a build thread once the project starts.

blkspyder88 wrote:Been here since 2003, I remember drooling over codered and big poppas rides, since then I have built 2 z24's and now I own a shop and all I drive now are mustangs. But I will always love the jbo community and thank you all for inspiring me to further my customizing skills, I love u guys!!

jbo rocks!

Justin wrote:For whatever reason I think I pop by once every 2-3 years. Cavalier is long gone, enjoying my E36/5 (it's not been the money pit that some people warned me it would be).

Justin

Good to hear about the E36/5 . . . post some pics of that 3 Series!

Mylife75 (ajose) wrote:It has bee a while started back on here in 99/00

Do you still have the GTP?

Caboose wrote:This good old site just wont die it seems. every time i check in on it it keeps on chugging along.

You're a CMM Tech? Where I work we are currently implementing PolyWorks w/FARO Arm Platinum to take some of the load off of our Mitutoyo CMM. It's working pretty good, although the macro written by our VAR still needs to have the kinks worked out.

The new scanning head from FARO is nice - we may go that direction instead of probe . . . still working on that project!

OnEBaDAzZz24 wrote:
AEROGEARZ24 wrote:im still here you prob dont know me though... ive been here sence like late 99 or early 2000...

you know your old school on this site if you dont have a join date...lol

I've been here just as long as you since 99-00ish. I was wondering why my page didn't say my join date lol OG right here....

I remember when that happened and Dave.org wrote a post about it . . . forgot the reason tho - something with a server cut-over I think.

Wild Weasel wrote:I never joined. I was already here, and the site just grew around me.

And that's why you're not allowed to sell the fire . . . the site will implode

I wonder what happened to this guy . . .

Back in the olden days I used to think you guys were brothers from Canada . . . you could always count on a WW and KenZ24 reply in almost every thread!

Roofy wrote:I miss the days of having to scroll back multiple pages to catch up if you didn't check in for more than a day or so....

Just change the day or so to a month or so and it's the same feeling

Junior wrote:Mine is still alive and well Weas....

Car sounds like it's running like a champ - nice

-MD- Enforcer wrote:If I can convince the wife that a Camaro is a great daily...this can easily be done.

Haha good job - nice work . . . you have to share that talent with us. Would like to hear how that conversation went

Wild Weasel wrote:lol. Fair enough.

I would definitely have to swap the suspension back to something a bit more practical though. It would appear that my tastes in suspension feel have changed since my 20's.

When I drive it now, it's a ton of fun and I love that it feels like a racecar... but I definitely wouldn't want to live with that every day.

Naw man it's easy - age is just a number. You can do whatever you want with numbers. I started counting my birthdays in reverse about 10 years ago. I'm gonna be hitting 18 again here real soon - should be fun

Saturday, June 28, 2014 12:26 PM
Tony Ellis wrote:
snowblindburd wrote:
And that's why you're not allowed to sell the fire . . . the site will implode

I wonder what happened to this guy . . .

Back in the olden days I used to think you guys were brothers from Canada . . . you could always count on a WW and KenZ24 reply in almost every thread!

Yeah. I don't want to sell it. I just don't have a place to keep it.

Incidentally... Ken had a couple kids and then seemed to drop off the face the planet. He's back though, and we're back to having lunch with him a few days a week again. He's doing well!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search