Someone stole a pic of my car for THEIR site!!! - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Someone stole a pic of my car for THEIR site!!!
Sunday, March 06, 2005 12:51 PM
Ok guys... a friend of mine just brought to my attention that a Company has used a pic of MY car without MY permission and even WATERMARKED IT!!!

What's the best course of action???

Re: Someone stole a pic of my car for THEIR site!!
Sunday, March 06, 2005 12:52 PM
Oh and they didn't even blur out my license plate!!!

What do I do???

Sunday, March 06, 2005 12:52 PM
Contact them, ask them to remove all references to your picture within some time frame. Tell them if they do not comply the next letter will be from your attorney.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:00 PM
kick his ass!!!! nikki i got your back lol..........j/k

Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:03 PM
Yeah man thanks a TON for pointing that out to me!!!!

Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:11 PM
What site is it from? So we know who isn't using their own kits for their pics.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:13 PM
Whiteboy's web site... if you click on BOTH of their sunfire kits... look at the bottom pic of the rear bumper... tha'ts MY car... MY license plate #, and SOUND SPEED'S BUMPER!!!

Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:15 PM
Wow that sucks. I would contact him quickly, thats messed up.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:17 PM
well since it's Soundspeed's bumper... on MY car... i'm going to call them tomorrow first... or are they open on sundays??

Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:18 PM
What ticks me off the MOST is that they didn't even blur out my license plate!!!

Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:19 PM
No idea, But I know who I wont be ordering from, even though I'm not in Canada, and wouldn't be ordering from their anyways.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:19 PM
Yeah, thats bad. I mean at least email you frist before they use it.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:21 PM
exactly. I can tell you exactly where that pic was taken too...

We were on our way back from the 03 ST Louis Bash... that was the last gas station we stopped at in Ohio RIGHT before the WV border on the way home... and I think I know who took that pic too...

Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:22 PM
So did someone else just take the picture and use it or did you post it somewhere and then they took it and used it?

Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:34 PM
I think Rodimus took that pic... how they got it I have NO idea... but they did NOT have MY permission to use the pic. Like I said though... it wouldn't be AS bad if they would have blacked out my license plate number.

I just called Soundspeed. Whiteboy buys from them, so they can use the pic of their rear bumper... but the dude at SoundSpeed said just to call him and have him take it down, and he should be cool about it. If not then to call them back or something...???

Called Whiteboy... no answer... left a message for them to call me back ASAP that I needed to speak with them... but didn't say what. I'll save that for when they call me.

Oh wait... they ASKED me for pics of my rear bumper, (or was it front? I dunno...) in an email cause I was selling the kit... so that's how they got them but they did NOT have permission to use my pics.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 2:21 PM
Ok just got off the phone with the guy at Whiteboy.

Apparently it was a misunderstanding, and after talking to him I do understand that they are a small business trying to get started and was trying to find a good pic of the rear.

I gave him permission to use a pic of my rear bumper for their site, and will be sending a new one to them, license plate removed/blacked out and something saying it's my car so there's no misunderstanding.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 2:45 PM
wow he was a good guy after all .....glade u got in contact with hem nikki

Sunday, March 06, 2005 4:57 PM
how come its called Whiteboy? lol i bet cha its a white boy running the company muhahah, am i right? huh huh

Sunday, March 06, 2005 5:07 PM
should of asked for some compinstation (SP) for use of your car

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:03 PM
i agree, you should get a cut of business brought in looking for that particular kit!! are u still selling a kit?

Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:40 PM
Fallen: I'm glad you got it sorted out. I talk to the Whiteboy guys almost every day... They're good people. Their current website is pretty old, and they don't update it too much, because they redesigned it so they're working on getting it online now. If anyone else has any problems with them. just email them, call them, whatever. they'll get back to you.

And yes, the guy running the company is a White Boy.

Club Vantage :: importfighter.ca :: RIP Trux0r...

Monday, March 07, 2005 9:08 AM
not to piss you off anymore, but if i got this right Rodimus took the pic. so he has the original? if so, they don't need your permission to use it. just permission from the person who holds the original pic. plus, in some cases, they can get away with "stealing" pics off the internet from public domains without permission from the owner.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, March 07, 2005 9:28 AM
that's catchy, if they have your plate on the car then they are screwed, but if they had taken the plate out they would have more to stand on

Monday, March 07, 2005 9:30 AM
So If I took pics of you, and your sister naked you wont mind if I plaster it all over the net right? Since im the one who, you know took the pics and all.

Monday, March 07, 2005 9:36 AM
really, that's absolutely true. you know those $hit magazines with stars and no make up and that crap, do you really think they gave permission for that to be printed and blasted all over television?

ps-- can i get those pics of me and my sis back?

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search