Its finally mine!!!!!!!! - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Its finally mine!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 10:15 AM
After leasing the fire for the last 4 years...the lease was finally up. I thought the best thing for me to do in my current situation was buy out the car.

There was no way that I find another used car in such good condition at a lease buyout price, and still have an extended warranty on the car for another 12,000 kms...so I thought I can't go wrong.

What a great feeling.....My baby is finally mine!!!!

Re: Its finally mine!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 11:25 AM
eh congrats.....i dont think id ever lease a car, seems like a waste of money to me

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 11:26 AM
congrts... i have another year... i will HAVE to buy mine out, they wont take it back at the end of the lease looking like it does

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 11:43 AM
hahah right on... and

GO LEAFS GO BABY

thats if they still have a team next year lol... when everyone leaves..

"Silver 2001 Cavalier z24 5 speed 2 door sunroof and power everything "

AEM Short Ram Intake
B&M Short Throw Shifter
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 5:05 PM
97cavy22 wrote:eh congrats.....i dont think id ever lease a car, seems like a waste of money to me

agreed

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 6:08 PM
Actually, when I worked out all the numbers with the lease rate the finance rate and took into account the lease buyback amount when I was initially considering whether to buy or lease, in the end the difference was very small between the two options.

I actually saved money (about $500) by leasing and then buying back the car at the end of the lease then by financing the whole car.

The advantage was that for 4 years with my lease, I had a lower monthly payments (by about $170) and at the time I thought that I would be able to payoff the lease buy back as one big lump-sump at the end of the lease and thats how I saved money...I only paid interest for the lease portion of the car and also saved on some taxes along the way as well.

All-in-all....a good buy!
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 10:36 PM
kewl deal. i leased my cavalier too and bought it out after. but when it came time for my cobalt i didnt bother leasing...
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 11:27 PM
congratz.... feels good doesnt it?

-------------
Now Blazing: Bunker Bud
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 9:16 AM
Well... congrats on the pink slip... I personally would never lease a car... I put WAY to many miles on a car to even consider doing a lease

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 11:05 AM
Congrats but Really Mine is Really Mine I just paid my car off last Friday. Woot!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search