My Story of the Bash - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My Story of the Bash
Saturday, July 09, 2005 8:48 PM
I have MANY highlights...but I'll name a few.

Meeting Matt Teske......again. Honestly the most intruging, and just all around great guys I've ever met, in, or outside of the org. I can do nothing but laugh when he's around. Teske...I am going to ship you a chicken cheese burger from White Castle to make up for the one of yours I accidently ate haha

Walking 3 miles to steak and shake at 3am friday night, realizing the walk sucked after the first half mile, and convincing the cops that were eating at steak and shake to give us a ride back to the hotel. Jayvan (qwik2k2z24) was cuffed, (me and jnickel were not) and we rode back to the hotel in cop cars haha.

Watching Killer Quad 4 beat BOTH Hahn racecars...2 very nice cars, got beat by an old school backyard mechanic that just knew his stuff. Just awesome.

Meeting SpeedracerZ again...great guy, AWESOME mechanic. His brother broke a CV Shaft in their turbo W41 drag car, and Brian had it on the track in 20 minutes to run his best run of the day (13.2@109). It was neat watching someone need 5th gear to get down the track (he didn't have 5th, so he had to sit 3/4 throttle across the line)

Sharing conjoined hotel rooms with Joe Schulte and Jayvan and a couple other guys from michigan. Great group of guys, honestly I was sad to say goodbye to them.

Seeing Brandon Fetter's car. Amazing, pics don't do his car ANY justice. He is a car GOD, anything he touches, comes out amazing.

Seeing the Brian Klocke memorial. Brian's dad had a memorial show board of Brian and his Daughter set up with his car (I'm assuming) as it was when he left us. That touched my soul. I nearly cried looking at that, and I didn't even cry at my own grandmother's funeral.

I had some great conversations with a LOT of people I hadn't seen in years, or even still had not met yet. My throat is sore from talking at this year's bash so much.

Most importantly.....I would like to thank my friend Jesse (jnickel) Without him, I wouldn't have made the bash at all. This was our first bash (since 03) without some female drama, and just us guys having the time of our lives at this bash made it the best bash I've ever been to.

So...big thanks to Jesse...Teske, Ian, Weasel (Nazi Moderator ), Brewsan, and MANY more....you all helped me to have a completely fun bash, from beginning to end. See everyone next year

Re: My Story of the Bash
Saturday, July 09, 2005 9:30 PM
That was a fun axle change. I owed Brian a hand since he helped me two years ago at st louis. This was the best bash yet!

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Saturday, July 09, 2005 9:46 PM
Just because I can't type much because I need to go to bed soon. I have to say something about Teske, I didn't get to spend much time with him this year. But watching him from last year with the California Prep look to the Seattle Skater Boi/Harry Potter look was just histarical. LMAO

Saturday, July 09, 2005 9:48 PM
yea it was fun in the end started out bad now i just gotta make it 550 and im home

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, July 09, 2005 9:53 PM
02 bash was not so bad. glad you guys had fun, wish I coulda been there

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, July 09, 2005 9:57 PM
Bash was a lot of fun this year, I had to attend as a spectator since my car decided to get hit the other day. It was still great and gave me some great ideas for the rebuild. Hope to see everyone again next year !

Saturday, July 09, 2005 10:05 PM
Thanks paul,
It was a great day lots of fun, nice to race the Hahn boys, they were great to race against and I know next year it wont be as easy! but we will also be steping up to make sure the quads rule!!

91 GA 12.080@113.99 best 1/4 mile E.T.
www.killerquad4.com
jake@killerquad4.com
Looking for Sponsor
Saturday, July 09, 2005 10:26 PM
i am so sunburned

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, July 09, 2005 10:32 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:i am so sunburned

and he got a speeding ticket ehhehehehe

Saturday, July 09, 2005 10:36 PM
lol, im pretty damn sunburned too

Saturday, July 09, 2005 10:40 PM
BlackWidowCavy wrote:lol, im pretty damn sunburned too

I met that kid

I'm good and tanned, amazingly not burnt

Saturday, July 09, 2005 11:01 PM
The Bash was pretty cool. It was my first Bash. I went with my boyfriend who registered his car. We talked to a lot of cool people and got some great ideas. But for me, the best part was seeing the drag cars today. Did anyone else see that vette today? It was awesome.
But honestly; everyone was cool and we had a great experience. Gonna bring a tent next year. I am roasted, toasted, and burt to a crisp. I kinda expected to see more people there though.
Saturday, July 09, 2005 11:37 PM
Yeah, I was there for like 3 hours and I got burnt. I was suprised how hot it was the last few days... I hate indiana, it was cold a week ago. You guys were lucky the weather decided to pick up for the bash, too bad about the humidity though. Anyone know if the Bash will be back in Indy next year, I heard it both ways.

Sunday, July 10, 2005 4:57 AM
I'm toasted. Though my burn wasn't that bad till I woke up this morning.

Sunday, July 10, 2005 6:34 AM
My face feels like a damn inferno.....Someone send me some aloe.

Sunday, July 10, 2005 9:32 AM
Sounds like it was fun. Sucks that I couldn't have gone, but I'll be doing everything I can to make sure I am there next year.

I want to say congrats to Bryce in his 2nd gen Cav for winning 1st in his class and Geeds for winning 3rd in his. 4 of the FTM guys were there. Thanks for representing FTM for those of us who couldn't, guys!

Sunday, July 10, 2005 9:46 AM
*Twiztid Z24* wrote:I hate indiana, it was cold a week ago. You guys were lucky the weather decided to pick up for the bash, too bad about the humidity though. Anyone know if the Bash will be back in Indy next year, I heard it both ways.

It's been in the 90's for almost 2 weeks

Sunday, July 10, 2005 10:49 AM
i love you paul.

missed sayin bye to you and jessie, but as always had fun hangin with you and him. wish i could have attended more, but still had fun.

to all that i met/hung out with, thanks for putting up with my goofy ass

smooches!

lol

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/miscellaneous/60612/

Sunday, July 10, 2005 12:48 PM
Yeah I tried to say bye to everyone...I started around 3 or so saying my goodbyes....I left at 5:30 haha. I had a great time hangin with you as well PaulSAC hehe. Thanks for lettin me know what that means lol.

Josh....keep your head up. When your day comes it will be a great one. People have a lot of admiration for all of your work, and sometimes you just can't seem to catch a break. Keep your head up, keep workin at it, and one day, you'll be the guy everyone couldn't believe they got to see

I stood outside all day both days....didn't get burnt...weird. I am quite tan though now

Sunday, July 10, 2005 3:36 PM
The bash was pretty cool. I think we had more cars last year. Overall good time, worth the weekend away from home.

Id like to say congrats to the members of our caravan from Columbus and Dayton who took home Trophys. Me , Stealthcavalier, Sndsgood, Drudown, Bryce, and Geeds.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, July 10, 2005 3:50 PM
Had a blast, even though I got jacked.
Thanks for keeping my spirits up guys.

Sunday, July 10, 2005 4:17 PM
fun bash cant wait to see pics later on.....yea i thought that there would have been more cars than there were but overall good time....even my girlfriend who isnt really into cars that much had a good time.....and i'm roasted b/c of the damn sun maybe next year i'll bring an awning.....but i'm happy first time being judged and i took 2nd in class 7....cant wait till next year already

I AM the man from Nantucket
Sunday, July 10, 2005 6:48 PM
bash was insane, i miss it already

gettin cuffed was definantly an experience to remember, im so glad it was with you and k. fed. i loved that night.

too bad we never made it to white castle like we planned lol

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Sunday, July 10, 2005 8:08 PM
I had an excelent time this year. I really enjoy hanging out with everyone, just wish I could do it more. Definatly looking forward to next year!!

Oh yeah!! So this pirate walks into a bar and... oh nevermind!!!!1

Nick

Go Go OG Traction!!
Sunday, July 10, 2005 8:16 PM
Who else was there when we all attacked the giant inflatable dinosaur at the car dealership? lmao it was friggin GREAT!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search