How Can We Help Out Tim - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
How Can We Help Out Tim
Saturday, July 16, 2005 11:59 AM
This was my first bash and i had a great time, looking forward to many more. But i have heard talk of this possibly being the last one because of financial situations. I would like to help come up with some ideas to help take the financial strain of on the coordinators of the bash. I would be more than will to give donations to insure that we can continue to have bashes every year. I am suggesting to Tim if there is any way he can set up a way that people can make donations over pay-pal. Also you made the shirts available on line. What about the The decals that were in the goody bag I know of several other people that would like to purchase those if you are willing to make them available on-line.

Post Edited (07-16-05 10:22 PM)

Re: How Can Wer Help Out Tim
Saturday, July 16, 2005 4:27 PM
rock on

God of War: BEST ACTION GAME(2005 Video Game Awards)
Saturday, July 16, 2005 4:46 PM
sounds like a good idea....anyone else

Saturday, July 16, 2005 5:12 PM
Money issues have been brought up before...

Sunday, July 17, 2005 8:43 AM
I'll make a donation ONLY if I get a % of profits from past and future bashes.

Sunday, July 17, 2005 11:21 AM
FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:I'll make a donation ONLY if I get a % of profits from past and future bashes.

Profits? LOL. Tim's lucky if he breaks even.

Sunday, July 17, 2005 11:25 AM
Jenfur427 wrote:
FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:I'll make a donation ONLY if I get a % of profits from past and future bashes.

Did he show you any financial statements or are you going based on his word?

His word to me last year was that he would take care of my situation. Little did I know that "taking care" meant for me to spend more money calling him long distance only for him to spew the same crap to me as he did on these message boards.

--------------------------------------------------
'97 Z24
2004 JBO Bash Quick 8 Qualifier
Sunday, July 17, 2005 11:32 AM
wow i cant beleive you guys are that ungrateful, selfish and well......your @!#$s

id give tim a donation in a heartbeat...and ive never even been to a bash...and probably will not go to one due to them being so far away

Sunday, July 17, 2005 11:44 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=304404&t=304381#304404

You be the judge...

'97 Z24
Sunday, July 17, 2005 2:57 PM
Quit being a @!#$ baby you tool. every @!#$ thread about the bash you have to bitch....get over it

Sunday, July 17, 2005 3:43 PM
freedom of speech....if you don't like it, don't read it.

'97 Z24

Sunday, July 17, 2005 3:55 PM
The Other Matt wrote:wow i cant beleive you guys are that ungrateful, selfish and well......your @!#$s

i know mods i bypassed the language filter.... sue me im pissed

half of the members on this site are ungrateful ******* *******, and they want something handed to them on a silver platter. Im used to hearing this bull ****. Lets see half of those ***** shell out the money Tim and Tonya put into this show, just so we can have a little fun. I know for sure i couldnt do it, hell i would love to do it but i just cant. I really dont know how tim does it, he has a house payment and a kid on the way. Yea he has sponsers and whatever, but before he even gets the money from them he has to shell it out him self. That is also before he gets any money from us pre-registering. GROW UP PEOPLE! And to the ones who want to help, I'm sure Tim and Tonya truly appreciate it.

and to Whitezzzz or should i say "little *****"
Life is full of dissapointments, and you need to live with that. Grow up and move on, Plain and Simple!

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/miscellaneous/60612/

Sunday, July 17, 2005 4:03 PM
Jenfur427 wrote:

Have you seen any fincial documents to back your claim?

I'll fully admit my info is from heresay and I have no reason to not believe it.

Sunday, July 17, 2005 4:20 PM
If you have any idea what it costs to rent out a huge venue like that for several days, and then caclulate what was made off of admissions, you have to realize this was not some huge money making scheme. Some of you people are pathetic. I wouldn't have a problem paying 50 bucks to go back, hell that is dirt cheap entertainment for one weekend, considering the registration money got both me and my girfriend in. I would spend 50 bucks in one weekend just going out to the movies, ordering some pizza and having a few beers. It makes me sick to hear some of you whine and complain like little babies over 30 bucks for something as kick-as s as GMSCB...

Sunday, July 17, 2005 4:25 PM
SAC (The Wrinkled One) wrote:
and to Whitezzzz or should i say "little bitch"
Life is full of dissapointments, and you need to live with that. Grow up and move on, Plain and Simple!

So tough behind a computer screen....sorry didnt realize the internet gets your panties in a bunch so much.

'97 Z24
Sunday, July 17, 2005 4:32 PM
White_Zzzzz wrote:
SAC (The Wrinkled One) wrote:
and to Whitezzzz or should i say "little bitch"

So tough behind a computer screen....sorry didnt realize the internet gets your panties in a bunch so much.

im not the one bitchin about money i lost a year ago. im not tough behind a computer screen, if i met you i would say the same thing to your face. your a whiney bitch who needs to move on. im done arguing with you so go ahead flame me or whatever. i just dont have the time.

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/miscellaneous/60612/

Sunday, July 17, 2005 5:28 PM
White_Zzzzz seemed to be concerned with even application of the rules in his original post.
Quote:

14. No "Post Jacking" or "Post-Whoring". Post-jacking is replying to a thread with something that is completely off the topic of the thread. Post-whoring is the act of making a thread, post, or series of posts that convey a minimal or non-existent amount of information.
Let's keep that rule in mind before we have to worry about it's even application here, mmmkay?

In other words....
White_Zzzzz: your problem is with Tim Schilling. Take it up with Tim Schilling.
Everyone else: Scroll up, re-read the first post in the thread and try again. thankyoudrivethru

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Sunday, July 17, 2005 6:12 PM
if 30$ is that big a deal to you maybe you shouldnt be modding a car.

tim puts in ton of his own free time to put on a show and all some people can do is complain about a few measly dollars.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: How Can We Help Out Tim
Sunday, July 17, 2005 6:55 PM
Chad Fohne wrote:This was my first bash and i had a great time, looking forward to many more. But i have heard talk of this possibly being the last one because of financial situations. I would like to help come up with some ideas to help take the financial strain of on the coordinators of the bash. I would be more than will to give donations to insure that we can continue to have bashes every year. I am suggesting to Tim if there is any way he can set up a way that people can make donations over pay-pal. Also you made the shirts available on line. What about the The decals that were in the goody bag I know of several other people that would like to purchase those if you are willing to make them available on-line.

Post Edited (07-16-05 10:22 PM)

good idea. but the people on JBO as a whole talks a bunch of BS.
they say they will go here, go do this, pay this amount of money. but when the time comes to hand in money, the excuses come around of they did not pay anything.
some people might chip in, but not everybody

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, July 17, 2005 7:32 PM
Very few people seem to take in to the account the amount of work that must be involved in putting together a show like. Oh well if he makes a little extra money i sure it won't cover the amount of time he has put in to this show for us. Then on top of this he has to listen to a bunch of people bitch about any little problem they have. If you don't think its worth it to give a little more of your money than don't, but a few of us out here might. Plus if the Bash makes money that means he has more money to throw a better bash the following year.

Monday, July 18, 2005 9:51 AM
Ok, I feel one donating money, no I'm not game. Not because I cheap, but because I pay a fee ot get in. If the Bash people feel the need to raise the amount to get in fine, do I think that is fair? No. You pay $55-65 to get in shows like Nopi, and you get your moneys worth, and free crap out the yang. We do not get that at the Bash, but yes it is fun, and yes I would still pay the $50 to get in, just do not agree with it.
Yes Tim works his butt off for this event every year. He decided to do that, and probably for many reasons, yes because he loves cars, and J's, but I'm sure for future good luck as well. So if Tim makes money off the bash I do not care, nothing in life is free, and we all have to make a living, so we can do the things we love. Like going to Bashes etc....
Since they have taking the Bash to the next level with big name companies involved etc..., let them help pay for the Bash. Charge GM the prices Nopi and other shows charge them to have there displays there.

FU Tuning

Monday, July 18, 2005 10:12 AM
donation is a good idea, but like ^^^ he said

just raise the price of registration. The bash is one of the cheapest car shows around.. the big VW show waterfest went on this past weekend in NJ and I think it was like $35 per day.

I would pay a higher registration fee without thinking twice.

well I mean as long as it wasn't like $90

Monday, July 18, 2005 10:15 AM
The Bash isn't about having big name companies there to possibly sell products. Its about getting together with other people who love J's. Does there even need to be a huge GM display? I don't know how much that cost, but I think it was kind of a waste. Unless GM simply volunteered it. I for one won't pay $50-60 to get into something like this. I wouldn't pay that kind of money to get into any show. I don't see why anyone would.

Monday, July 18, 2005 11:34 AM
Shane OBizzle(ShOBiz) wrote:every @!#$ thread about the bash you have to bitch

odd that all those comments are coming from someone who didnt even go to the bash...

Monday, July 18, 2005 4:13 PM
JimmyZ wrote:White_Zzzzz seemed to be concerned with even application of the rules in his original post.
Quote:

14. No "Post Jacking" or "Post-Whoring". Post-jacking is replying to a thread with something that is completely off the topic of the thread. Post-whoring is the act of making a thread, post, or series of posts that convey a minimal or non-existent amount of information.
Let's keep that rule in mind before we have to worry about it's even application here, mmmkay?

In other words....
White_Zzzzz: your problem is with Tim Schilling. Take it up with Tim Schilling.
Everyone else: Scroll up, re-read the first post in the thread and try again. thankyoudrivethru

I tried...but you guys locked my post. Unlock my post and I will do so. Why was it locked in the first place?

And Im simply responding to the ppl in this thread, so don't point the finger at me.

My first post was MORE than within the rules of the website. The posts after that are responses to individuals posting in this thread with comments towards me (or my comment within this thread). So in the end...all my posts are within the context of this thread.

Quote:

Did he show you any financial statements or are you going based on his word?

His word to me last year was that he would take care of my situation. Little did I know that "taking care" meant for me to spend more money calling him long distance only for him to spew the same crap to me as he did on these message boards.

Enjoy

'97 Z24
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search