understanding J-bodies place in the tuner world - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
understanding J-bodies place in the tuner world
Sunday, November 13, 2005 8:29 PM
Ive spent the last 2+ years modifying my car, and throughout that time I have notcied how rediculously jbo tuners get treated. when I first made the comment that I had a cavalier and I planed on mabye working on it to a few of my tuner freinds they laughed at me. flat out laughed at me. they didnt car how many titles and recods the eco had or how fast people were going with nothing more than a turbo kit. All they could say was dude its just a cavalier. I was so pissed that people gave me no respect and that no matter how hard I tried I was over looked. then Things started changeing. I started reading and started attending more meets (were I was taking less serious then with my freinds) and after a few years of studing, I have a compleatly different outlook. I am glad they over look me I am glad that people dont take me serously and laugh at what I drive becuase If you think about what is more fun winning a race that you were supposed to win, OR destroying someone that was so sure untill now that a silly little cavy had no chance.

well I say to the world ignore me, My cav is slow and I stand no chance even the turbo wont make me fast and Im sure that the stand alone wont help at all. soooo how much money were you willing to bet.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Im a level 32 joedm newb flamer.

Re: understanding J-bodies place in the tuner worl
Sunday, November 13, 2005 8:53 PM
preach it!

Sunday, November 13, 2005 8:58 PM
Quote:

I am glad they over look me I am glad that people dont take me serously and laugh at what I drive because If you think about what is more fun winning a race that you were supposed to win, OR destroying someone that was so sure untill now that a silly little cavy had no chance.

That's what I've been saying all along! Preach it!

"Your Premier Source For Automotive Neon & Accessories!"

Sunday, November 13, 2005 9:01 PM
Yep, We all drive "Girl Cars"
Everyone hears it sometime or another

I have teh same outlook, we'll see who has teh last laugh

Sunday, November 13, 2005 9:11 PM
that's why i kinda like cavs......underdog and a half if you can make it quick

Sunday, November 13, 2005 9:15 PM
great post

Sunday, November 13, 2005 10:05 PM
AMEN BROTHER!!
Monday, November 14, 2005 4:25 AM
I agree with that. I get so much @!#$ from my coworkers for modding my car its crazy.

L33tJbody wrote:I have teh same outlook, we'll see who has teh last laugh

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Monday, November 14, 2005 5:50 AM

Monday, November 14, 2005 7:21 AM
*throws both hands in the air and shacks them
amen, brother

Monday, November 14, 2005 7:27 AM
I've had my one little saying all along. "If a race you and I lose, O well, it's just a cavalier. But If I beat you, dude you just lost to a cavalier." It's a win win

Monday, November 14, 2005 7:39 AM
good way to look at it

Monday, November 14, 2005 7:46 AM
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Monday, November 14, 2005 8:40 AM
I don't know how many times I've been asked "why a Cavalier?"

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Monday, November 14, 2005 1:28 PM
Where i am my car does get a little respect i am suprised people know about the 2.3 Ho and the W41 engines. I think peoples mind here changed there was a turbo Cav here that left and a built engine one so now people are cautious. My car looks like the turbo Cav that use to be here. Altough he left about 4 years ago people still think my car is that one so they don't really mess with me. I play into the whole thing. When they pull up and ask what i have i say nothing it is all looks.
Looking at their face afterwards is just priceless they don't even look over.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, November 14, 2005 1:58 PM
What I find is that ignorance begets ignorance. the average stero type tuner is some kid with an import that has spent enough time reasearching to understand what an intake is. then they post on there favortie thread of choice and beef up each others bravdo until they have gotten to a point where they are sure that there right becasue in no way could all of there internet freinds be wrong.

so with limitied knowladge they roam the earth "waxing" compleaty stock domestics and other rarely modifed cars. and wont listen to anything that conflitcs with there internet knowldge. simply repeating arguments made on the net.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Im a level 32 joedm newb flamer.
Monday, November 14, 2005 2:08 PM
I think cavs are underdogs in EVERY CITY.. Its like that here. All my friends drive rx7's, gli 1.8 ts. gsx's, mustangs, and srt 4's and I get cracked on all the time. They say my car just LOOKS good lol. Which is fine. What they don't understand is that all of their cars are FACTORY BOOSTED!! So of course they have an advantage over my poor lil cav..

Its ok, because I have a little something in my garage that im working on that will shut all their mouths

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, November 14, 2005 5:17 PM
Mines purple...... nuff said.

Monday, November 14, 2005 7:21 PM
primerfire97 wrote:AMEN BROTHER!!

Monday, November 14, 2005 8:43 PM
Respect is earned. Not given.

Monday, November 14, 2005 9:38 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:I think cavs are underdogs in EVERY CITY.. Its like that here. All my friends drive rx7's, gli 1.8 ts. gsx's, mustangs, and srt 4's and I get cracked on all the time. They say my car just LOOKS good lol. Which is fine. What they don't understand is that all of their cars are FACTORY BOOSTED!! So of course they have an advantage over my poor lil cav..

Its ok, because I have a little something in my garage that im working on that will shut all their mouths

hell yea david......its ok tho, i can keep up with john lol.....thats about it lol...

but yea, people are starting to take notice that cavs can be quick.....at our local meeting spot when i drive by and some of my friends are already there, they come up to me and say people were like, "there goes that sc'ed cavi" lol....it feels good when people take notice.....

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:08 AM
^^ lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:24 AM
If you thought that was bad, you should have been around for the 98 and 99 bash. Everyone had either a Weapon R or home made intake and was dropped on Eibach Pro Kits. We have come a long long way that most here don't even realize

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 8:52 AM
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:36 AM
Fatalic CAVI wrote:I've had my one little saying all along. "If a race you and I lose, O well, it's just a cavalier. But If I beat you, dude you just lost to a cavalier." It's a win win

ROFL, thats awesome!

Yea, I know the feeling. My friends harped on me for buying mine, but then again, he is a prissy rich b*tch. I bought my car all on my own and putting my work into it, as opposed to him letting his daddy buy his car for him. So he got a Mazda 3, that blows my car away in speed and torque, and yet acts like he did it all on his own. Kinda ridiculous . . .
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search