General Motors at a Fork in the Road.... - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
General Motors at a Fork in the Road....
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:44 PM
And a Possible Solution for a Robust Resurgence

By: Jerome B York

Advisor to Tracinda Corparation

January 10, 2006

http://www.detnews.com/autoshowguide/jerryyork.pdf

Re: General Motors at a Fork in the Road....
Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:10 AM
On Related News.........

Lutz: Don’t reduce GM exec pay

GM executive Bob Lutz has rejected the suggestion by billionaire investor Kirk Kerkorian and his aide Jerry York that General Motors should reduce executive pay to help stem losses. York believes autoworkers shouldn’t be the only ones asked to make sacrifices, and executives should take cuts, too. But Lutz disagrees. “Here’s where people get this wrong: They say, ‘Why are executives paid so much? You have to ask: Why are professional athletes paid so much,” Lutz said. “The capability of successfully trying to turn around an unsuccessful automobile company is a very rare and highly sought after skill set. And you do the shareholder no good whatsoever by reducing compensation to the point where everybody leaves.”

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/01/12/lutz-dont-reduce-gm-exec-pay/

Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:23 AM
if 1 person gets a pay cut , EVERYONE needs a pay cut

sad thing is the 10.00 a hour labor is less costly for them to keep over the 500,000.00 a year exec

but yet they will cut the 10.00 a hour labor for 6.00 a hour labor , and think it will make a HUGE difference

as the saying goes the rich get richer , and the poor get pooer

Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:16 AM
Did you read the Link in the first post. This post isn't really about what you are arguing. I just posted the 2nd post becaue it has a little something to do with the first post. Plus who at GM makes $10 an hour. Even Jerry York with the Tracinda Corp is only talking about a 3% pay cut of the little guy and a 10% from the Execs.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:58 AM
actually no i didnt read the 1st link , i was going off your 2nd post

and the 10.00 was just a extreme case for low

i think the exec's depening on what they actually take home , some should be even higher than 10% , say maybe 15%

im at work so its hard to view and read to much when its long

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search