Dear God...the hilarity. Make it stop! - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dear God...the hilarity. Make it stop!
Saturday, December 08, 2007 1:29 AM
I was browsing through the Autotrader locally since i'm dead set on picking up another Z and returning to the scene. I was suprised their a lot of really nice clean ones with 5-speeds for sale in great condition and fairly cheap. But then i saw this one in the link below. It had no thumbnail (so I had no idea what it looked like) but the price was what caught my attention. It seemed just tad too steep for a 1996.

For the rediculous price he was asking i was expecting an amazing looking show car or something. What i saw was.......

Clicky, clicky

YOU MUST BE F'ING KIDDING ME!!! I just about died laughing. Even with the engine set up he claims it has, the rest of the car is NOT EVEN worth what he's asking. It doesn't take a genius to see this car was beat to hell (primered fenders) we're supposed to believe it only has 5000 miles!? (not 105,000 or 205,000?) Is this guy for real? After the horrid tint, multi colored body panels, cheesey graphics...Just as a J-body enthusiast site we all know what they are worth, and this IS NOT worth $8000. Am I right?

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Re: Dear God...the hilarity. Make it stop!
Saturday, December 08, 2007 5:39 AM
Ill give him $800

that seems fair right?

Saturday, December 08, 2007 5:51 AM
who cares?
Saturday, December 08, 2007 5:56 AM
5k miles is amazing. car still not worth more then $2000 tops though.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, December 08, 2007 10:31 AM
Possibly a rebuild, hence him claiming 5k on the engine, and not the actual mileage on the chassis. Doesn't hurt to ask, just a possible explanation.

Fenders are in black primer, so that = beat to hell automatically?

I don't understand this post I suppose, I see you're mocking the owner for his asking price which is indeed steep. You're obviously not interested, so don't buy it. Simple.

Tons of people ask more than 8k for riced out gawdy POS cars daily, if you really want to be shocked browse mautofied.com for a couple minutes.

Saturday, December 08, 2007 11:15 AM
for a 96 like that $1000 would be top asking price

Silly ricer, useless wings are for penguins.
Saturday, December 08, 2007 11:15 AM
The post is exactly that...I'm mocking this clown for his asking price. I'm not ashamed of that, nor should I be. And yes primered fenders, a body kit, a turbo set up in my book and many others adds up to abuse.
It doesn't matter at all if it was babied since day one...the hardware is there for it to be beat on and I think it's a safe assumption that the owner didn't tack all that on and drive like a grandmother.

I'm sorry, 99% of members here would look at that car and instantly think "that car is rough"

So, with just common sense how could this jack hole seriously ask $8000 for it with a straight face? A totally decked out showcar 2000 Z24 was on autotrader last year in L.A. It had at least 12 pictures and every stick of it was top-notch workmanship...he only wanted $7000. And in my opinion it was worth that without a doubt. So to ask $8000 for a Hodge Podge slapped together ghetto cruiser is totally asinine.

Maybe I come off as a dick for pointing this out, but i did start the "J-body resale is up?" thread and realize the market value of these cars is on a slight rise. But I can't stand people that ask high prices on sub-par cars, because you put a fart can on it?, or some rims?...like that now makes it a show car or something?
If this car is truely woth almost $10,000, show it! i don't see the quality of the turbo build or the condition of the interior. All i see is a total POS when far better cars are available for less or the same price. IMHO that's like ripping someone off.
If it's a rebuild...say it. (i say) don't put up it only has 5000 miles...that's a lie.
Little things like that, and It's a California car...like that justifies asking way more than it's worth? Nowhere in KBB or any other used car estmation establishment is there a "California Car" check box to add value to a car....because it really does not matter that much.

so yes i mock, and he deserves it. Sorry. If your car and his were both on there for $8000 I think it would be a safe bet 99.9% of the people looking would pay $8000 for your car Joe before they ever even thought about it for his junk pile. If that gives you an idea. To me your car looks like it's been taken care of, and built up well, It would be a safe bet. His is the stereotypical peiced together "kid car" that looks beat to hell and Pep Boy'ed to death.

Saturday, December 08, 2007 11:27 AM
actually.... i agree with you 100% ^^

Saturday, December 08, 2007 11:38 AM
Wasn't knocking you one bit, I had poured more into my car in the 6 months I built it and was asking less and still couldn't find anyone whom could come up with the money. He won't either, and if he does, well he's one lucky SOB. Until then he'll sit on it like many people do.

I don't support people asking outrageous prices for so so cars myself, but it happens all the time. I found it hilarious some of the @!#$ people offered to trade me on mautofied.

At least the kit and spoiler are all RK Sport pieces, and I'd guess the hood is too, he's got that going, but yes the tint and fenders leave a bit to be desired not to mention the year and lack of details.

Come on though, it could be all primer with random bodykit pieces and a Sunfire frontend on it? Kidding .

Saturday, December 08, 2007 12:15 PM
Oh yeah by the way i looked at mautofied. Wow, that's an interesting site. your right this guy i posted about is nothing compared to some of the stuff on there. Wow.

But off topic for a sec. I think i found the one i'm buying another red 1998 Z24. $1600....not bad eh?

Saturday, December 08, 2007 1:56 PM
The sad thing is........ If he actually finds some one to pay that much for it..... then who will be laughing....

Saturday, December 08, 2007 2:07 PM
Hey I don't blame the guy, it's atleast worth a shot. You never know what crazy kid might want that, I've seen some odd stuff before.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Saturday, December 08, 2007 2:16 PM
I keep meaning to go look for that car. Its only the next city over from me. Been listed for over a year now.

Saturday, December 08, 2007 2:43 PM
This kind of stuff happens a lot.

At least it isn't as bad as that person who had wanted like 30,000+ for their "Cavzilla"

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Saturday, December 08, 2007 4:09 PM
there's a black auto z in my area, ss hood, cheesy apc altezzas, ebay projectors, black as black tint, and a loud exhaust. far as i know, no engine work, wants 6500.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, December 08, 2007 5:15 PM
mitdr774 wrote:I keep meaning to go look for that car. Its only the next city over from me. Been listed for over a year now.

You think he looks out at that car everyday over the year and scratches his head in confussion why nobody wants to buy it?
LOL

Saturday, December 08, 2007 6:47 PM
wow some people really amaze me...this post is by far the biggest joke, you sir are the joke... not this guy. trashing somebody's work like that? who the hell do you think you are? you obviously have zero clue as to how much work could have POSSIBLY been put into it. granted the $7500, not $8000 i might add is pretty steep but if the car indeed has the 5000 miles the owner is claiming it has you'd basically be getting a damn near new car. what did a brand new z go for new? $15,000???

he said its a california car because they dont see the nasty winters and the sh!t weather that most of the rest of the country sees, so that means the car should be in tip top shape with zero rust.

now dont get me wrong, there is a TON of information missing here and i myself am in no position to say what kind of quality the car is. seriously though, just because it has mods and things done to it etc doesnt nessesarily mean the owner thinks it should be worth 'so much more' because its got that stuff done to it.

maybe the guy did everything himself and has taken pride in his car... did you ever think of that possibility?

call me stupid as many times as you want, but i myself think my car is worth that kind of money if not more... but thats because i know the kind of pride and dedication that ive put into it. i would never try to sell it though because i know that it wouldnt sell for anything more than what the blue book is on it.

the kelly blue book is $2500 for a private party.... thats worth more than the claims of $500, $1000... or even $2000 that everybody has been screaming. definatly does suck on the price, and no i really dont THINK that is worth that much myself.. to the average joe, but to somebody that is interested is that kind of thing, most definatly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Saturday, December 08, 2007 7:09 PM

Sunday, December 09, 2007 9:18 AM
LOL
Ok, i'm a joke, that's mature. Flame much?
First off it was $8000 just 2 days ago, moron. He obviously just changed it.
Second. Was it really necessary to come on here and say I’m a joke to incite a flame war and then totally agree with my entire point anyway? Pot, meet kettle. I at least have a point, you don’t.
Who’s the joke now?

z yaaaa wrote:wow some people really amaze me...this post is by far the biggest joke, you sir are the joke... not this guy. trashing somebody's work like that? who the hell do you think you are? you obviously have zero clue as to how much work could have POSSIBLY been put into it. granted the $7500, not $8000 i might add is pretty steep but if the car indeed has the 5000 miles the owner is claiming it has you'd basically be getting a damn near new car. what did a brand new z go for new? $15,000???

he said its a california car because they dont see the nasty winters and the sh!t weather that most of the rest of the country sees, so that means the car should be in tip top shape with zero rust.

now dont get me wrong, there is a TON of information missing here and i myself am in no position to say what kind of quality the car is. seriously though, just because it has mods and things done to it etc doesnt nessesarily mean the owner thinks it should be worth 'so much more' because its got that stuff done to it.

maybe the guy did everything himself and has taken pride in his car... did you ever think of that possibility?

call me stupid as many times as you want, but i myself think my car is worth that kind of money if not more... but thats because i know the kind of pride and dedication that ive put into it. i would never try to sell it though because i know that it wouldnt sell for anything more than what the blue book is on it.

the kelly blue book is $2500 for a private party.... thats worth more than the claims of $500, $1000... or even $2000 that everybody has been screaming. definatly does suck on the price, and no i really dont THINK that is worth that much myself.. to the average joe, but to somebody that is interested is that kind of thing, most definatly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Yesterday 7:09 PM

Oh, and i quoted your post since you've edited it 2 times. And since your obviously acting like a troll i just assumed you would edit it again to change what you said. And BTW, since the car was still $8000 last night it's pretty obvious you edited your post get that extra jab at me about it NOT being $8000, only $7500 after the fact. Just to drive home a little more that i'm a joke i guess. How brilliant.
Just a question
If i'm a joke, why is it your the only one that's funny?

Sunday, December 09, 2007 10:44 AM
acctually no dumbass the price was at $7500 last night. and i only changed my post because i went and did the KBB on the car and saw how worthless the price really was. i had a lot more to say but i toned it down quite a bit.

im the joke? im not the one talking trash about somebody else's work here, you are.

was it really nessesary for you to slam their work?

get off your high horse, the world doesnt revolve around you.

Sunday, December 09, 2007 11:19 AM
high price yes. but beat to hell cause of primered fenders? gimme a break. how many of us have body kits or some sort of body mods and drove around with primer body parts on there car for weeks at a time?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, December 09, 2007 11:55 AM
If you think that was high you should see one of the 95 MR2 Turbos I came across. The dealership wants $35,000 for it.

Sunday, December 09, 2007 1:43 PM
Wow..all this over an autotrader ad? Sad.....

Him asking 8 grand for a Cavalier is a joke. As a matter of fact-asking 8 grand for ANY cavalier is a joke-regardless what has been done to it.

In the end-it is just a Cavalier-someone has to drive it..........

My 04 is in pretty good shape, milage a bit over 10 grand, never seen salt. I'd be lucky to get 6 grand for it private.

Most people don't give a @!#$ what you did to it-most people want to drive it-and that's it-they don't want to pay much, or put much into it..

Modded cars are more of a hassle than regular cars, that's why.

Again I say, it's just a Cavalier.

Woopee.

Sunday, December 09, 2007 1:46 PM
z yaaaa wrote:wow some people really amaze me...this post is by far the biggest joke, you sir are the joke... not this guy. trashing somebody's work like that? who the hell do you think you are? you obviously have zero clue as to how much work could have POSSIBLY been put into it. granted the $7500, not $8000 i might add is pretty steep but if the car indeed has the 5000 miles the owner is claiming it has you'd basically be getting a damn near new car. what did a brand new z go for new? $15,000???

Why? Jooky wasn't the only one you found it funny as hell......

And you know what they say about Opinions and a**holes......

We should be used to people making fun of our cars by now......

Sunday, December 09, 2007 1:55 PM
z yaaaa wrote:acctually no dumbass the price was at $7500 last night. and i only changed my post because i went and did the KBB on the car and saw how worthless the price really was. i had a lot more to say but i toned it down quite a bit.

im the joke? im not the one talking trash about somebody else's work here, you are.

was it really nessesary for you to slam their work?

get off your high horse, the world doesnt revolve around you.

I'm sorry i couldn't hear you over all that crying. Do need a tissue?

Sunday, December 09, 2007 5:59 PM
yes, please. ill take the whole box.

also, why are you here again? do you even have a j-body? oh wait... thats right you CO-founded JBOM, i better respect my elders or i might lose some brownie points. i guess that gives you the right to be here.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search