03-05 rear bumper??? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03-05 rear bumper???
Monday, February 11, 2008 4:15 PM
hey guys whats up? i really like the rear bumper on the 03 -05 cavalier's and i want to put one on my 99 coupe cavalier. will it work?!

"not to be slept on."

Re: 03-05 rear bumper???
Monday, February 11, 2008 4:27 PM
yes but you have to remove those little panels between your taillight and bumper.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:50 AM
ye for sure. ill keep that in mind. you think i can find a used bumper at a yard or something for cheap?

"not to be slept on."
Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:56 AM
you will need different bumper brackets as well

-Mr. Kleindl-
Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:17 AM
The bumper will go on without much modification, mostly just trimming the crush guard to make it fit right. Next is just attaching it. As mentioned, you'll have to remove the tail light filler panels cause they are already attached to the bumper on the 03-05's.

Now, I had a knock off bumper from bumpers.com and had to attach the filler panels with sheet metal screws under the tail light, cause I didn't have anything from the the 03+. Hell, I'm not even sure how the bumpers attach on the 03+'s at (or behind) the tail light, so find out and grab those parts. Then, where the bumper screws in at the wheel well, I had a gap and and had to get some thick rubber to put behind it, to have something for the screw to grab and go through. This gap was not visible to the fitting of the bumper, just on the mounting. I want to say I found out about a bracket on the 03+'s for that.

Summary: get parts to mount the bumper at the tail lights and wheel well for proper installation. The bumper does mount up no problem though. Good luck, I loved the way it looks.

Convert 00+ headlights to 95-99
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search