fatasscav - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fatasscav
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 10:11 AM
what gives here? looking around, i find that the factory curb weight of a cavalier coupe(98) is about 2600 lbs., but the door sticker on my RS says the weight is 3600 lbs!!!!! what the hell is up with that and where does my RS carry all this extra weight?

Re: fatasscav
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 10:56 AM
Its not really 3600 lbs. Im not sure how they come to that, but i think it may have to do with maximum weight safe for the tires
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 11:18 AM
gvrw =/= curb weight.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 11:42 AM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:gvrw =/= curb weight.

Baxter, you know i dont speak spanish

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 11:59 AM
so whats the verdict? does my car weigh more than an effin corvette or what?! common logic tells me theres no way an RS cav can weigh that much. not to mention my hundred and twenty horses wouldn't even drag that much weight down my driveway!!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 12:34 PM
GVRW weight (the weight on the stickers) is not how much your car weighs...... it is what your car is rated to handle stock...

Basically.... according to GM.... you can load your car up with 1000 pounds of crap (including yours and any passengers weights) before you start crossing the line of what the car is designed to handle.

Curb weight is the actual weight of the car without any fluids in it or anything in it that didn't come in it when it rolled out of the factory

GVRW Is the rated weight of the car.... not the actual weight of it.

With a full tank of gas, my heavy ass stereo system, and me in the car..... my Sunfire weighs just over 3100 pounds. We have a scale in my town and I was bored one day.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 12:46 PM
well that helps. i was afraid somebody rebadged a cadillac and i ended up with it!!! not really but you know what i mean. i know this was a stoopid thread but i had to ask.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:39 PM
JtotheOtotheEtotheY wrote:
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:gvrw =/= curb weight.

Baxter, you know i dont speak spanish

LOL
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search