time has come - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
time has come
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 11:41 AM
well I feel the time has come to sell the cav, I will be going to the ohio gm tuner bash for its last hoorah and after that it will be sold, I will not be parting it out until after I see how much interest will be for the whole thing, it will be sold e tested and saftied. I will still be in touch with everyone I have met in the club through the years and I will still be around. anyways once I get back from ohio I will be posting pics of the car inside and out and what I will be asking.

Re: time has come
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 11:52 AM
Why are you selling it?

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 4:06 PM
^werd. btw, u suck if u do!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 8:32 PM
02rebadged i agree with you 120% he's nuts if he sells it, this is my first J ever and it's the most reliable car i've had in i couldn't tell you when you can't kill these cars with a stick Chevys are solid cars. I initially was going to get one for my first car when i turned 16, but got a truck instead that didn't exactly pan out and now here i am years later after having gone through some chryslers with even less luck than i had with the ford pickup LoL.
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 10:29 PM
Bill wrote:you can't kill these cars with a stick Chevys are solid cars.

aaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ::deep breath:: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

thanks, needed a laugh before bed.

GO PATS!!!
Thursday, July 10, 2008 9:52 PM
ok redneck, if you don't think chevys in general Let alone the J's in general are good cars why ru even on here
Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:05 PM
IDK... the part about the stick was kinda funny.... for some reason I pictured somebody in a parking lot beating the crap out of a Cavy with a small stick yelling "why wont you die!" LOL

Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:17 PM
Yes i know i'm gonna catch a lot of flack for asking the above question, i just always thought the org was for people that liked cavys.
Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:21 PM
Sam i see your point about the stick comment, i merely meant Chevys are pretty reliable cars at least the ones we've owned anyway.
Friday, July 11, 2008 12:32 PM
Bill wrote:ok redneck, if you don't think chevys in general Let alone the J's in general are good cars why ru even on here

oh i love chevy's. i'm on the org because i owned a cavalier. do i love cavaliers? about as much as a kick in the face with a golf shoe. i couldn't afford anything else, so i bought it. but saying chevy's in general are great cars is BS. we all know that. we love the brand, so we buy them. name me a chevy that doesn't starting falling apart after 10 years. hell, my cavalier was a piece of crap after only 4 years. i love chevy's, but i drive two toyotas...thats just how it goes. i got tired of working on my camaro all the time, so i bought a new cavalier thinking i'd be good to go. i got tired of working on my cavalier all the time, so i bought a used toyota. i don't have to do anything to either of my toyotas besides the oil...and its nice.

GO PATS!!!
Friday, July 11, 2008 1:09 PM
Bill wrote:Yes i know i'm gonna catch a lot of flack for asking the above question, i just always thought the org was for people that liked cavys.

people do like them but then theres also other people who know that they are nothing more than an econobox.

Friday, July 11, 2008 3:06 PM
I vote NO!

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Friday, July 11, 2008 6:06 PM
Moar you suggest the cavalier is nothing more than an econobox, so is a toyota tercel a honda civic and just about any 4 cylinder out there of course compacts are going to be econoboxes anyone knows that. but i still stand behind what i say chevys have always been good to us. Sure there are probably some that fall apart in 4 yrs some that may even fall apart in 5 minutes like anything else if you keep up on the maintenance and are meticulous about it and keep it looking like showroom new it would probably last you a lot longer than 4 yrs. Even toyotas or hondas or nissans or anything with 4 wheels it only lasts of you maintain it and to me the cavalier is no exception.
Friday, July 11, 2008 6:15 PM
and something else redneck, you claim you got tired of working on your camaro all the time and your cavalier all the time and yet have had to do hardly anything to the toyota fine let's see you try and go an entire million miles with one and see how long it lasts i find it very very hard to believe you could own a toyota 5, 600,000 plus on just routine oil changes etc in most cars an original engine is only good for about 500,000 miles or so. So eventually you would have to do something major besides routine oil changes etc that is if you actually kept the car that long as the mileage gets higher and higher there does come a point it stops being just routine oil changes be it an american car an import etc.
Friday, July 11, 2008 7:24 PM
Bill wrote:and something else redneck, you claim you got tired of working on your camaro all the time and your cavalier all the time and yet have had to do hardly anything to the toyota fine let's see you try and go an entire million miles with one and see how long it lasts i find it very very hard to believe you could own a toyota 5, 600,000 plus on just routine oil changes etc in most cars an original engine is only good for about 500,000 miles or so. So eventually you would have to do something major besides routine oil changes etc that is if you actually kept the car that long as the mileage gets higher and higher there does come a point it stops being just routine oil changes be it an american car an import etc.

/end thread

you just can't beat stupidity like that.

GO PATS!!!
Friday, July 11, 2008 7:44 PM
Yeah i agree redneck, my making a very astute observation that there comes a time with any car be it import or american that it becomes more than just routine oil changes yeah that really qualifies me as stupid yeah great place to end the thread.
Friday, July 11, 2008 7:58 PM
As far as loving chevy: I've never owned one.... Buick, Poncho, Olds, GMC... sure. Chevy though, not ever.

I haven't had a big enough problem with one of my cars that would make me consider selling it though... Unless that is.. I killed it My Alero is @ 250,000 kms, no big problems, and my Sunfire was @ 86,000 kms and had no troubles.

Friday, July 11, 2008 8:54 PM
Gam, exactly i've had no major problems with my Cavy either and i'm at 108,000 as of this afternoon. HaHa yeah game just get a baseball bat and beat the crap out of it till it doesn't run anymore
Friday, July 11, 2008 8:57 PM
excuse the typo i put game in there i meant gam.
Saturday, July 12, 2008 6:42 AM
Bill wrote:Yeah i agree redneck, my making a very astute observation that there comes a time with any car be it import or american that it becomes more than just routine oil changes yeah that really qualifies me as stupid yeah great place to end the thread.

any vehicle will start having problems at over a million miles, hell, over 500k miles. but my 98 corolla with 150k miles on it ran better and was holding together better than my 2002 cavalier with 60k miles. my 02 tacoma with 75k miles runs better and is holding together better than my aunt's 2007 malibu with 15k miles. i could keep going on and on.

i wasn't stating that i'll NEVER have a problem with a toyota/honda/foreign car. i was stating that TYPICALLY, problems start on foreign cars much later on in life than they do for american cars.

you not being able to understand that point is what qualifies you as stupid.

GO PATS!!!
Saturday, July 12, 2008 7:09 AM
Redneck typically problems start later on in life on an import than they would on an american car, once again same point only if you are religious with the maintenance that is the only way that is why you have 150,000 on your toyota and have not had a problem with it not better build quality not because it's an import. Just the one reason alone by itself you have done the work you have done the maintenance if you had ignored it it would have died a long time ago same thing with your truck the one reason only maintenance if you change the oil on time every single time yeah then of course it;s gonna last of course your not gonna have a problem with it you take care of it because you want it to last so of course it's going to, Nevermind the fact that it's outlasted your aunts malibu or your cavalier etc, the only reason it has is maintenance you can argue the point about build quality till your blue in the face around me it won't make a hills bit of difference the one and only reason you have lasted so long with your imports is maintenance that is the total key. Now if that qualifies me as stupid then fine maybe i'll just ignore my J and never change the oil again now that would be stupid.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 7:22 AM
maintance, understood. the cavalier and the malibu both have received the same maintance (from myself) as the corolla and tacoma. i picked up the corolla from a family member at 80k miles (i did the maintance on it from the day is was purchased). i picked up the tacoma from a dealership with 5xK miles. i can understand that maintance makes a difference. but when the same person does all the maintance when its necessary, explain to me how a car with more than double the miles can be better off...

GO PATS!!!
Saturday, July 12, 2008 7:38 AM
not suggesting it would necessarily be better off, but also it's all in who does the maintenance whether it be a dealer yourself a friend etc, you may be real good with cars you say you kept up with every bit of maintenance from the second you bought the car i believe you nothing against you i still don't necessarily agree build quality has anything to do with it. Though i know the J's have been panned by critics before for that before.
Saturday, July 12, 2008 8:20 AM
Oh my god...

This thread is just babble...

Take a breath once in a while man.....

Saturday, July 12, 2008 11:26 AM
I should have called it "time has come, to unleash your thoughts on every other subject but this one"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search