WTF is this? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WTF is this?
Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:56 PM
May be a stupid question; but in the fourth photo, under the left tail-
What the hell is that?

I dont have a cavy; and have honestly never gotten close to one, but what on EARTH is that?

Re: WTF is this?
Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:56 PM
Oops- Forgot the link.
Fail jamie is fail.

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/2124491570.html

Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:01 PM
It is a Cavalier, and that is for a natrual gas car. The fill up point is there under the light. The regular tank for liquid gas is in its normal spot, unless is 100% natural gas conversion. So that car is a Natural Gas running Cavalier. Very uncommon.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:05 PM
if it's that uncommon; should i pick it up for 500 bucks?

I've never even seen this before; let alone knew that Connecticut had natural fillup stations.

How about power? Does it help? Do you lose out?

Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:15 PM
Well, it has a cracked block, so its pretty much a parts car. Natural gas cars are very VERY hard to start in winter. And the fill up places are few and very far in between. And from what I know, they actually get worse gas mileage but for 500 for a parts car, If you had a cavalier I would say go for it. But its ur call.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:20 PM
*nodnod*

Ah well.
I had someone offer me a 2002 LS for my fire today- bagged, 160K, GORGEOUS car- but i'm not sure if i should take it.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:30 PM
Hmm, yeah that would be hard for me too. but i mostly love my car just bc of the vert. Other then that, its still a J Body, as much as I hate it, I still love it lol

Friday, January 14, 2011 8:15 AM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Hmm, yeah that would be hard for me too. but i mostly love my car just bc of the vert. Other then that, its still a J Body, as much as I hate it, I still love it lol

Well; i mean- It's a good deal, i suppose.

My fire is an 01 with a 2200. Granted she's not heavily modded, or anything, but she only has 50K on her.
Im not sure if i can justify that kind of trade.

Friday, January 14, 2011 9:28 AM
Do it, and replace motor?

Friday, January 14, 2011 9:29 AM
Youd be an idiot to trade a clean low mileage car for someone elses high mileage modded car (You know its been beat on). Not to mention bagged is going to suck if you plan on DDing the car.

Friday, January 14, 2011 3:08 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Youd be an idiot to trade a clean low mileage car for someone elses high mileage modded car (You know its been beat on). Not to mention bagged is going to suck if you plan on DDing the car.

THIS! Trust me, i had bags on my yellow car, and altho it looked great sitting in a parking lot, I HATED THE WAY IT RODE!!! I drove the car to Indy once and was just disappointed in how much it sucked. If its a DD do not get bags. Unless ur ready for your Sphincinter (SP?) to rattle along with ur brain inside ur head. I didnt know how many miles were on ur car until u just posted it. I would not have gone for it. Hell, that 02 has more then my 00 and I would have not gone for it either.

Friday, January 14, 2011 3:41 PM
Chuckles2002 wrote:Do it, and replace motor?

maybe. but you have to find a place to fill up the car with natural gas 1st. cracked block or not, without a place for fill up, the car is worthless

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, January 14, 2011 5:56 PM
thanks guys.

i took the trade in question for a ride today; and quite honestly; it sounded, felt, and handled like @!#$.

I dont think i ever want to be that low to the ground in my life.
Kinda liking my 4x4 status at the moment.

Friday, January 14, 2011 6:45 PM
Smart man. Like I said bags are nice sitting still in a show or parking lot, but suck at everything else lol

Saturday, January 15, 2011 10:11 AM
Sitting low is fine if youre on nice struts and springs.

Monday, January 17, 2011 8:10 AM
Chuckles2002 wrote:Do it, and replace motor?

The motor isn't the only thing to see wear & tear, lol.

TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Youd be an idiot to trade a clean low mileage car for someone elses high mileage modded car (You know its been beat on). Not to mention bagged is going to suck if you plan on DDing the car.

This. You'd be crazy to trade.

Monday, January 17, 2011 8:31 AM
I would jump on that.
But I already use natural gas for the appliances in my home, so all I need is a quick call up to my NG provider and I get a fill station at home.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:12 AM
well, if you get it, get me the part number for that f'n door......wanted to remote mount my filler neck there for a while.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:51 AM
Somebody on here has it done. I think CavalierBoy something or another.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search